• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

A part of me wanted Oprah only for the hype and spectacle, but I consider Viola the better fit... she's less distracting and can disappear into the role, she's younger so more likely to reoccur for the long haul, and she's more of an actor's actor right now.

Since this is Latino Review this hasn't been 100% confirmed right? I'm perfectly fine with this actress but after someone mentioned Oprah i literally cannot think of a better choice. It just makes so much sense in my head now.

kodecraft

With Will Smith on board I don't expect much from this movie, I like him, but the way he demands movies get focused all the time on him rubs me the wrong way in a movie about team dynamics

I feel ya, he passed up Django because of this, which I think he would have been better then Jamie in it.

Wiktor

Her weight fluctuates heavily, they turned her into a skinny model the last time I saw her. I still hate DC for going that idiotic route.

Well..but at least Arrow has excuse..."she's just like in comics!". Of course we all know that even if she would still be fat in Nu 52 she would transform into sexy beast on CW :D

ElTopo

Banned
Does Will exert as much power as he used to? His most recent films either flopped or under performed (After Earth and MIB3) and he's taken some heat for forcing his offspring on the public. I'm not suggesting he's no longer a big box office draw or powerless but I wonder how much sway he has on this production.

strafer

Does Will exert as much power as he used to? His most recent films either flopped or under performed (After Earth and MIB3) and he's taken some heat for forcing his offspring on the public. I'm not suggesting he's no longer a big box office draw or powerless but I wonder how much sway he has on this production.

I don't know about power but acting he sure can. When he sets his mind to it.

Some of his work on Fresh Prince should have gotten him an emmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ31eBipr_g

This might be the greatest fan made teaser I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhilq03IykE

Niiiice. Using those HTGAWM clips. Maybe they should make Shonda Rimes a consultant. Save that the Wall could run rings around Olivia Pope
and Amanda Waller seems to be smart enough to not sleep with the President I mean come on Olivia is the Presidential Penis /that/ good?

That said, Viola Davis is a good choice for the Wall.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Him and Margot have a film out soon, so we'll see soon enough.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I don't know about power but acting he sure can. When he sets his mind to it.

Some of his work on Fresh Prince should have gotten him an emmy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ31eBipr_g

Will Smith is a smart, smart man. If he's doing this, he's going to be playing Deadshot as a smart-ass who's exceptionally good at his job. Which is the character to a T. And yes, Deadshot's going to be the lead - but given he's the lead of the Suicide Squad on Arrow and the team leader in the New 52 DC Comics version of the team I'd say it's not entirely fair to accuse Smith of sabotaging the film.

Besides, Hardy was fantastic in Inception in a supporting role. So he'll be rock-solid in the film whatever screentime he has.

Alienous

Will Smith is a smart, smart man. If he's doing this, he's going to be playing Deadshot as a smart-ass who's exceptionally good at his job. Which is the character to a T. And yes, Deadshot's going to be the lead - but given he's the lead of the Suicide Squad on Arrow and the team leader in the New 52 DC Comics version of the team I'd say it's not entirely fair to accuse Smith of sabotaging the film.

I'm certain Smith will do an amazing job with Deadshot's motivations. The relationship that character has with his daughter will probably provide the emotional punches in the film.

Kouichi

I'd love to see the movie base their Deadshot more off of Ostrander's deadpan Deadshot as opposed to Simone's cocky Deadshot. Both are great in their own ways, but Ostrander's Deadshot has always been the definitive one for me.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Well, if the themesong isn't a rapsong by Big Will, we'll know he had very little influence.

And I think he'll be presented as one of the team, not the lead of the film. Hardy has made a name for himself enough to warrant a dedicated movieposter, and let's not forget the draw Robbie and Leto have on a *certain* audience.

strafer

Jared Leto prepping dat Joker hair

8Vr5yzv.jpg

JDSN

Banned
Well..but at least Arrow has excuse..."she's just like in comics!". Of course we all know that even if she would still be fat in Nu 52 she would transform into sexy beast on CW :D

I give the Arrow people as pass on Waller because they went for the actress that already has all that absurd weapons training they gave to everyone in Spartacus, not that they have dont anything of that nature with Waller on the show, but its a card worth having around.

Jigorath

Banned

MIB 3 made over 600m WW. For a comedy that's huge. If it wasn't for the ridiculously massive budget it would have made a lot of money. Rest assured Smith is still one of the biggest movie stars on the planet. Only casting choice that I don't get is Leto as the Joker. I just don't see it. Then again I also thought Hathaway would do a bad job as Catwoman so maybe Warner will surprise me twice.

Penguin

Seems Davis pretty much confirms she's Waller

http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/01/07/viola-davis-talks-amanda-waller-suicide-squad/

Davis told me she’s still working it out and has not begun reading comic books for research yet. “Not yet,” Davis said. “I have not started reading them yet. I’ve read up about her but I’m working out my schedule for Suicide Squad.”

However, she clearly loves the character and said she can’t wait to delve in. “I’m fascinated by her. I’m fascinated by her in this world of superhero-ness because she is not a woman that you would expect. I think that she is a massive contradiction. She’s this big powerful black woman, hard, ready to pick up a gun and shoot anyone at will. I’m fascinated in exploring her psychology, just put it that way. And I’m excited to pick up a gun.”

- See more at: http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/01/0...da-waller-suicide-squad/#sthash.a3JyeGM8.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom