• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

No Hardy is pretty damn disappointing. I think that dude can play the hell out of comic characters, he's a great action actor.

Gyllenhal would be a pretty great replacement though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Leonardo-Dicaprio-Oh-My-God-Fist-Bite-The-Wolf-of-Wall-Street.gif

hahaha perfect

Wiktor

No Hardy is pretty damn disappointing. I think that dude can play the hell out of comic characters, he's a great action actor.

Gyllenhal would be a pretty great replacement though.

I hope they might still use him for other DC character later. He would make a pretty damn Deathstroke for example.

shira

So there is a rumor that the Joker only appears in Harley's flashback and disappear to be used in a movie with Batfleck ?

I thought the cameo would be Lex doing the Dr.Claw midcredit teaser. You can't hire JL for one scene

claw1.jpg

BadAss2961

Latino Review at it again. Their "sources" claim Hardy was unhappy with changes made to the script, giving more screen time to Deadshot and Joker.

Given that anyone could make this story up considering Big Willie's history and Joker's star power, i'm thinking this is bullshit. LR has also been batting 0 when it comes to the DCCU.

Ahasverus

Ridiculous. Hardy has always played (good) second fodder, there was nothing to suggest he suddenlt got star itches. Easy dumb rumor. BS.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Jared Leto and jake gyllenhaal in the same movie would be interesting. I see them as somewhat similar markets for their acting

Wiktor

Ridiculous. Hardy has always played (good) second fodder, there was nothing to suggest he suddenlt got star itches. Easy dumb rumor. BS.

Yep. Nothing in his career suggests he would have problems with things like this. I doubt there's more to it than initial news, which was simply scheudling conflict.

Penguin

If that's the plot it's really badly described, the two sources almost sound like they're describing different movies.

Also parts of that just seem really bad.

Sounds like describing the same movie, and it kind of works...

And if the final act stays the same, explains why it is before everything else

Yeah, it sounds like two different descriptions of the same general storyline, to me.

What are Latino Review's hits and misses? They sure do talk a lot.

Here's a post I made in another thread that went through a quick run of their "exclusive" tag on the site. That list misses their "exclusive" that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the villain in the Avatar sequels, however, which is apparently their biggest recent miss.

Basically, they're about 60/40 in the positive, with El Mayimbe responsible for most of the huge misses, while Gonzales & Chavez seem to have a more reliable track record.

ryan299

What are Latino Review's hits and misses? They sure do talk a lot.

When I starte following them, they were on a hot streak then they came out with the Arnold in Avatar 2 news and then tried to pass off BvS plot points as exclusive from a fanmade script. Everybody knew it was fan made but they still went with it and lost a ton of credibility.

Yeah, it sounds like two different descriptions of the same general storyline, to me.

Here's a post I made in another thread that went through a quick run of their "exclusive" tag on the site. That list misses their "exclusive" that Arnold Schwarzenegger is the villain in the Avatar sequels, however, which is apparently their biggest recent miss.

Basically, they're about 60/40 in the positive, with El Mayimbe responsible for most of the huge misses, while Gonzales & Chavez seem to have a more reliable track record.

When I starte following them, they were on a hot streak then they came out with the Arnold in Avatar 2 news and then tried to pass off BvS plot points as exclusive from a fanmade script. Everybody knew it was fan made but they still went with it and lost a ton of credibility.

Goddamn they're very volatile I see. I wish they let would let us know which rumors come from the same sources.

And if the final act stays the same, explains why it is before everything else

I didn't mean the sources were describing two different stories, they both are describing the same thing, but that one or the other is really bad at describing it because they're focusing on different aspects on it.

It's like if you had one person describe Man of Steel as a movie where it starts on Krypton, then the baby is sent to Earth and grows up, and then the bad guy from Krypton finds him and they fight, whereas you had someone else describe it as a young man has super powers, flashbacks describe his past, and eventually he ends up fighting aliens.

It's the same general script but neither does a very good job of describing the movie well.

Penguin

Has LR gotten anything at all right regarding Warner Bros and any of their films? I'm thinking not at the moment.

Well Batman v Superman has been an interesting film

Just because (and sure Warner is happy with this) so many rumors have popped up and just as quickly been dismissed that it makes sense for most people to be more cautious with what they believe

ryan299

So the Joker being locked up all movie is like the animated film Assault on Arkham that WB just released. It's a Squad movie and it sounds like this film is taking some inspiration from that.

pulga

Banned
Watched "Wolf of Wall Street" again yesterday. Robbie is going to knock it out of the fucking park as Harley.

And she's so mind blowingly hot.
CZooEXr.png

That actually got me to thinking, which major DCU or MCU character could Tom Hanks play? I'm finding it far too amusing in my head picturing Tom Hanks as Batman.

pulga

Banned
Honestly, they should just cut Rick Flag from the film. No one knows who the hell that character is, the spot would be better served by Bane/Deathstroke/Black Manta.

strafer

Honestly, they should just cut Rick Flag from the film. No one knows who the hell that character is, the spot would be better served by Bane/Deathstroke/Black Manta.

We've seen Bane and Deathstroke is on Arrow.

I don't wanna see those. New faces please.

ZeroX03

Banned

Rick Flag is a huge part of the Suicide Squad. His motivations lie completely separate to the rest of the team. Why cut the character who contrasts the rest of the squad? Without him it's just a bunch of goofballs. Plus the Flag/Deadshot relationship can be awesome if they mine it right.

Corpekata

Banned
Cutting Flag doesn't work simply because it would mean very little of the government threat is actually present. They could maybe do it in favor of beefing up Amanda Waller's role but she's more big picture stuff, while he's dealing with more practical concerns. Gives the squad someone to play off of that isn't just a voice in their ear.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cutting Flag doesn't work simply because it would mean very little of the government threat is actually present. They could maybe do it in favor of beefing up Amanda Waller's role but she's more big picture stuff, while he's dealing with more practical concerns. Gives the squad someone to play off of that isn't just a voice in their ear.

Yeah unless Waller is in the field they badly need Flag. He's an essential part of the team dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom