• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched this to get a good feel for the characters. Holy shit was this a long and boring 75 minutes. Dc animated films have been pretty awful post-flashpoint/tdkr

Anyways I hope they ignore all this mess and just go for a dirty dozen vibe instead. Mad excited for tom hardy and will smith especially. Joker will be most intriguing but it feels like he should be saved for a solo batman movie

Wiktor

Hardy's going to cause confusion if people are still thinking this is tied in with the Nolan films.

You mean the way people were confused by Johnny Storm suddenly became Captain America? :)
And with Bane never showing his face it will be even less of an issue

yeah he's gonna be like bane...without the mask...and with hair...and less bulkier...and a different accent.

people give audiences way too little credit around here sometimes. like how some argue that the CW shows will make movie flash's casting confusing....nah.

btw they made amanda waller look like ursula from little mermaid in this movie lmao.

That was insanely low cut. They should just come up with something new, but I wouldn't mind the jester hat at some point.

Doubting Joker is in the suicide squad mainly because he's never been in it, and Johns has cited Ostrander's run as the inspiration. I have faith in Johns.

It'd be a waste of Jared Leto's talent to not feature him prominently.

Not sure if this fan art rendition was posted, by Kode Logic. Pretty cool.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/21779709/SUICIDE-SQUAD

f00932430f9be0aba57d3ba902cbcebb.jpg

1af1e4f7b12e53df6efea4cf4fd3b13b.png

0ad315edab5477c2d512b7e6a92d5651.png

92eb3d0db7b824761c74f073b7fc1f3d.jpg

e202f20326b5a36fcf6b7ba73e194e1b.png

c7fa01ce015d33922f2906aa57d99325.png

E the Shaggy

I thought this lineup could have used another "powers" person on the team along with Enchantress.

A big bruiser type like Killer Croc or King Shark.

Chariot

If this turns out to be a DC version of Smoking Aces then it should be pretty good.
Unfitting comparison, since they are actually forced to work as a group in contrast to Smoking Aces where there are a lot of tiny fractions, who work directly against each other, plus not everyone in the Suicide Squad is a mercenary, they are criminals of different kinds and Rick Flag is not even that.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I thought this lineup could have used another "powers" person on the team along with Enchantress.

A big bruiser type like Killer Croc or King Shark.

We don't know the squad makeup yet. I'm guessing Joker is not a part of the squad itself, and some not yet cast no names will be added to the squad.

Dysun

Margot Robbie is going to kill it as Harley Quinn, just saw Wolf of Wall Street last night.
Yes, I should have watched it earlier. It was awesome

Odoul

Bored on a Friday.

It's a good bet some of this cast won't be making it out of the movie alive.

And a sequel isn't guaranteed, but.

Would Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington for Bronze TIger/Vixen in the sequel be too cutesy?

karasu

Bored on a Friday.

Would Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington for Bronze TIger/Vixen in the sequel be too cutesy?

No Jamie Foxx please.

is Tom Hardy WB's go to dude now or something?

between TDKR, Mad Max and Suicide Squad seems like the studio's bigger properties cast him.

Joni

Bored on a Friday.

That would be a good Bronze Tiger if your criteria was a Bronze Tiger even more lame than the Arrow one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom