• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I'm telling you people, no big name actor is going to want to be some no name fuck called Rick Flag.
BwNL0oP.png

Maybe if it was Steve Trevor.

I'm telling you people, no big name actor is going to want to be some no name fuck called Rick Flag.
BwNL0oP.png

Maybe if it was Steve Trevor.

In that case, get Timothy Olyphant or Dylan McDermott. I can see them doing a relatively minor movie role that's still a big leap from tv.

That actually got me to thinking, which major DCU or MCU character could Tom Hanks play? I'm finding it far too amusing in my head picturing Tom Hanks as Batman.

Will Magnus, creator of the Metal Men.

Honestly, they should just cut Rick Flag from the film. No one knows who the hell that character is, the spot would be better served by Bane/Deathstroke/Black Manta.

Rick Flagg is a very important character to the squad.
read up on it.

pulga

Banned
Will Magnus, creator of the Metal Men.

Rick Flagg is a very important character to the squad.
read up on it.

I'm somewhat new to comics (compared to more voracious Comic!GAF members), and I've yet to see Rick Flag on the Squad in the funny books or in the recently released Suicide Squad animated movie. Clearly DC editorial doesn't feel he's that important (does he even exist in the New52?).

Like I said, I'd get Steve Trevor on the Squad if the movie necessitates a straight man. Hell, offer the actor a role in the Wonder Woman film, surely that'll make the role tastier!

"you get to makeout with Gadot until she leaves you for Henry Cavill"

YES SCHWEINI!

I'm somewhat new to comics (compared to more voracious Comic!GAF members), and I've yet to see Rick Flag on the Squad in the funny books or in the recently released Suicide Squad animated movie. Clearly DC editorial doesn't feel he's that important (does he even exist in the New52?).

Like I said, I'd get Steve Trevor on the Squad if the movie necessitates a straight man. Hell, offer the actor a role in the Wonder Woman film, surely that'll make the role tastier!

YES SCHWEINI!

if I had to guess they will more than likely get inspiration from the Ostrander Suicide Squad. read it, it's really good.

YES SCHWEINI!

Movie is rumored to be very heavily inspired by classic Suicide Squad, and Rick Flagg did have a very brief role in the Arkhamverse (Origins Blackgate) so DC clearly wants him used to some capacity. But you are correct, he's not in the New 52 universe, which is kind of a shame.

Steve Trevor doesn't really work for Suicide Squad. He's far too straight lace.

He's also in the JL(U?) episode of suicide squad. He's interesting in the way that he creates conflict, being the only non criminal in the field with the squad, at odds with Deadshot. Though he's not irreplaceable, I do think Trevor could fill in the same role and be in WW's movie.

ryan299

Cinemablend is speculating that Deathstroke is in the film.

This same source was able to confirm a rumor that just broke (via Latino-Review’s elmayimbe), that Criminal Minds star Gary Sinise has landed a role in Suicide Squad, but they do not believe that he is playing either General Eiling or Deathstroke. At the moment, we are being told that Joe Magliano (Magic Mike) is in contention to play Deathstroke in the film, but that is unconfirmed at the moment, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Suicide-Squad-Wants-Replace-Tom-Hardy-With-One-Two-Actors-69327.html

This film may be more crowded than BvS

Rick Flagg is like, pretty damn important. He's like the one of the main traditional 3 members of the team (him, Deadshot, and Boomerang) from what i know about Suicide Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom