• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Rick Flagg is like, pretty damn important. He's like the one of the main traditional 3 members of the team (him, Deadshot, and Boomerang) from what i know about Suicide Squad.

Yeah but you have to give all the screen time to big willy and of course the Joker will get all the choice lines.

Karl Urban in a 10 minute cameo sounds fine to me, but the dream get has to be BPitt. I wonder if he's extended the hand?

Odoul

According to some of those rumors this movie is going to

-head off any questions about where were the heroes/metas during Zod's attack

-vindicate
Jonathon Kent
100 percent.

Well played WB!

r3ShbI1.png

Kind of crazy how we're about to go from two and half years of DC blue balls due a pretty steady stream of trailers, info and announcements.

Yeah but you have to give all the screen time to big willy and of course the Joker will get all the choice lines.

Karl Urban in a 10 minute cameo sounds fine to me, but the dream get has to be BPitt. I wonder if he's extended the hand?

I don't think he's gonna be a cameo, I just think he's going to be the straight man to all these crazies.

Finally saw Assault on Arkham, and now I'm really hyped for this. If the film captures that kind of action and dynamic, it's going to be really fun

Only gripe is that I just don't see Harley translating well to live action at all

Finally saw Assault on Arkham, and now I'm really hyped for this. If the film captures that kind of action and dynamic, it's going to be really fun

Only gripe is that I just don't see Harley translating well to live action at all

Assault on Arkham was fantastic, I just wish Harley didn't have that damn "yahtzee!" catchphrase...

The cool thing about Harley is she has plenty of renditions at this point. Modern comic Harley can be a fairly serious contender in the Suicide Squad, yet still keeps her comedic edge. Were this just going to be Animated Series Harley, I'd be concerned too. But I think she can be a big hit. Just hope the script is up for it.

DaveH

"Will Smith shares intel on casting Rick Flagg"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2015/02/10/will-smith-rick-flagg-suicide-squad/23194447/

"This happens all the time," says Robbie. "People act like, 'Oh my god, the movie must be ending!' It's just the deal with movies." Not to mention "a lot of the characters haven't been portrayed before so it's a pretty big undertaking," she adds. "And it's a big undertaking for the people who are going to play the characters who have been played, like the Joker (to be played by Jared Leto). It's big shoes to fill."

But why is Flagg, a plum role, so hard to cast? There are a lot of factors at play, says Smith. Director David Ayer "turned the screenplay in before Christmas. What happens is Hollywood shuts down. But he was still working and he wanted to (start shooting) April 13th. So it takes a couple weeks to gear back up at the top of the year and people have taken (other) movies. He's moving really quickly."

Robbie nods. "It's almost impossible to get a movie all together when there are two main cast members, let alone an ensemble cast with everyone's schedules. It's crazy if it works out."

Busty

Banned
swedish actor...played Robocop in the reboot.

I like him.

Not the guy I had i mind for this role though.

I like him too but there is something a little off with his casting. Going from Hardy to Gyllenhall to him speaks volumes.

I think Kinnaman was probably the best (for the money?) on the short list of actors that would be available for an April shoot.

I wonder what this means for the loose plans that WB apparently had to potentially spin off Tom Hardy's Flagg into his own film?

Still, a great move for Kinnaman all the same.

What is this... Robocop movie you folks keep willing into existence?

Creatively it shouldn't have been named Robocop, but I'm sure naming it Robocop filled a lot more seats. He did well in Robocop, hoping this means Karl Urban jumped into Aquaman as Orm. If given a choice I'd prefer him as Orm over Flag anyway. I'll be surprised if flag makes it into SS2, while Urban could be in any number of Aquaman or JL movies.

Deathstroke, hired assassin competing with the squad.

Joker, scarred all over from his battles with Batman. Plays mind games with people. Everyone's afraid of him.

Enchantress is very powerful.

Prison riot ending. My guess is Arkham.

Great details.

Good to hear enchantress is powerful. Sounds like DC isn't shying away from magic.

He's decent but lmao what a downgrade from Tom Hardy :(

Everyone apparently signed on without a script. Kinda sounds like Hardy thought Rick Flagg was gonna be one thing, and it turned out the script wasn't making that the case, so he bounced.

This is DEFINITELY going to be the Deadshot & Harley show now.

Rick is definitely a potential one off character. Rumors pegged him as Rick Senior as well. I'll be surprised if Enchantress makes it past this movie too. I hope they tease Captain Boomerang dying throughout the movie only to have him live.

Rick is definitely a potential one off character. Rumors pegged him as Rick Senior as well. I'll be surprised if Enchantress makes it past this movie too. I hope they tease Captain Boomerang dying throughout the movie only to have him live.

I can see Enchantress being the sacrificial cow so to speak. Maybe Boomerang, but unlikely. And this is assuming there isn't unannounced characters in glorified cameos. Like KGBeast in the animated movie.

Effect

I can see Enchantress being the sacrificial cow so to speak. Maybe Boomerang, but unlikely. And this is assuming there isn't unannounced characters in glorified cameos. Like KGBeast in the animated movie.

This is what I've been thinking. There are certain to be other characters they could kill off that wouldn't be in staring roles. Killing off Enchantress seems like a waste given what you could potentially do with her to push DCCU's magic part of the universe. Using her and Wonder Woman in BvS as a setup for the magic that is likely to appear to the Wonder Woman film would be good.

This is what I've been thinking. There are certain to be other characters they could kill off that wouldn't be in staring roles. Killing off Enchantress seems like a waste given what you could potentially do with her to push DCCU's magic part of the universe. Using her and Wonder Woman in BvS as a setup for the magic that is likely to appear to the Wonder Woman film would be good.

Enchantress must die for what she did to captain thunder.

Anyway, maybe she'll be in Dark Universe as a team member.

Effect

Enchantress must die for what she did to captain thunder.

Anyway, maybe she'll be in Dark Universe as a team member.

That too. The potential Justice League Dark film or just any magic based film or story is another reason to keep her around. More female characters is a plus overall. Boomerang and maybe Flagg really seem like the ones you could potentially kill off and not end up hurting things in regard to future stories or elements you'd like to push. Maybe Deadshot as well but having Will Smith attached to the universe, assuming all goes well, would be good and that might stop him from dying early on.

The great thing about magic characters is you can kill them off, and bring them back for any bullshit reason and go "lol magic". If Cara plays the role well and the fans dig it, they could bring her back pretty easily. And I agree, if there's an Enchantress, then there can be a Circe, and I am ALL for that.

DC is actually doing a pretty good job with diversity. Better than Marvel anyway (not having their POC characters being sidekicks anyway). Hope they up the female count. Mara has a chance to be the best female character in ANY superhero movie, and I'd love for there to be more female villains that aren't "bitchy ex lover of the hero that was scorn" *coughcough*IronMan3*coughcough*.

Boomerang and maybe Flagg really seem like the ones you could potentially kill off and not end up hurting things in regard to future stories or elements you'd like to push

Meh, in a movie sense, killing Flagg would work, but not in terms of the lore from the comics. In the Suicide Squad, a villain always dies. Regardless of how Flagg would die, heroic sacrifice or emotional death, it just doesn't really work for what the Suicide Squad is. The bad guys die so the good guys don't have to.

BadAss2961

Was there ever any doubt? Those are the only two squad members with plot armor.
Meh, in a movie sense, killing Flagg would work, but not in terms of the lore from the comics. In the Suicide Squad, a villain always dies. Regardless of how Flagg would die, heroic sacrifice or emotional death, it just doesn't really work for what the Suicide Squad is. The bad guys die so the good guys don't have to.

These characters drop like flies... Flag can and probably will die. His death just has to be important.

munchie64

Everyone apparently signed on without a script. Kinda sounds like Hardy thought Rick Flagg was gonna be one thing, and it turned out the script wasn't making that the case, so he bounced.

I definitely ain't complaining, it'll be good to see some characters die. I just hope they write a decent Harley.

There's a rumor, which I hope is not true, that
Flagg is actually a villain in this script.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Enchantress will probably get killed off fairly quick into the movie to show that Waller isn't fucking around.

edit: her or captain boomerang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom