• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, right. I forgot that New 52 started back in 2011 - doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Thanks for the impressions though, I'll definitely check out the earlier runs you mentioned as well.

In some ways, it feels like a short time, and in other ways it feels like its been forever haha. Especially since they're dropping the New 52 tag in (I want to say) May.

but yeah, enjoy them! Honestly, none of the runs are bad, I just think that if you want a primer for the movie, you'll want Ostrander and New 52 runs, since they seem to be the bulk of what the movie will be.

When they first announced the DC slate, I thought following up Batman vs. Superman with a Suicide Squad movie was kind of a huh move... SS is a pretty obscure property stacked with mostly obscure characters, and seems like an odd choice to capitalize on the post-BvS hype. Not like any of these guys are going to be in the Justice League, after all.

But if their opening marketing salvo is the first look at the new Joker? then yeah, it makes complete sense to me now. :lol

The Joker will be a massive selling point, but that aside, I love that Suicide Squad is the next movie after BvS. No need to slowly build villains rosters when you establish many of them in a single film. If there is one aspect that the DCCU can dominate Marvel in, it's villains that aren't just there to make the good guys look, well, good.

Apt101

After Heath Ledger's performance Joker must be the most sensitive/most scrutinized potential role in film. People hardly bat an eye at the next take on Sherlock Holmes, Spider-Man, Bond, or Batman. Really says a lot.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
After Heath Ledger's performance Joker must be the most sensitive/most scrutinized potential role in film. People hardly bat an eye at the next take on Sherlock Holmes, Spider-Man, Bond, or Batman. Really says a lot.

Not sure on Batman, the fans lost their shit when Ben Affleck was announced as playing Batman.

Not sure on Batman, the fans lost their shit when Ben Affleck was announced as playing Batman.

I was going to say, every Batman has been met with some kind of resistance.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Last time we got a Joker tease...

file_20534_0_jokerrevealed.jpg

dude won me with brokeback mountain tbh. didn't know how his joker would be but i knew it would murk.

kinda reminded me of james dean. my opinion of jared leto is nowhere near that high but he'll probably be good too, plus he's gonna nail the look easily.

munchie64

We're soon going to know more about this movie than Batman v Superman aren't we :(

Not that I'm complaining. See some of these characters is gonna be amazing.

jelly

What was the reaction to that?

People really hated the idea of Heath Ledger and hated him even more on a skateboard while in a purple suit on set and thought the scars and lack of smiling was lame in the leaked picture. The turnaround was his voice in the trailer and then finally seeing him in the film, was a great reveal.

Joni

I'd suggest you go back to the original casting of Daniel Craig and see how everyone overreacted because he was blond.

Seems like any Joker reveal would happen last, surely?

Build up to the big dog rather than blow your load early...use the time to showcase the lesser known characters with hints towards the Joker reveal in each poster.

Seems like any Joker reveal would happen last, surely?

Build up to the big dog rather than blow your load early...use the time to showcase the lesser known characters with hints towards the Joker reveal in each poster.

Or first so people bother checking out the lesser known characters knowing Joker will make an appearance

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
How can the same dude that wrote Training Day wrote Sabotage also? Makes no sense at all to me.

I'm hyped!

Son Of D

Do you remember the reaction when they said they were thinking about the possibility of a black Bond? Not to mention the Daniel Craig backlash at first.

All this speculation on what it could be is filling me with so much hype. Joker pic? Batman/Joker pic?!?! If it turns out to be just the fucking logo or something I will be so disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom