• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added a new frame:

kPTtyq0.gif

a916

I... didn't know what to think at first, but now I love it.

He's way more creepier than Ledger. (which is something that they've done with Batman, made Nolan's versions look tamer).

Those eyes, jesus, Ledger sold his Joker with his lips/tongue and I think this one is going to sell us with his eyes.

I don't like the tattoos but other than that it's fine. Really hoping the tats disappear by the time the movie comes out... But even if they're still there, I have an open mind.

Loxley

That Joker reveal thread is great - just like almost everything else in the DCCU so far, the reactions are completely split down the middle. Half seem to love to love it and the other half seem to hate it. I'd almost prefer this over getting a Joker that makes people say, "Yep. That's the Joker alright."

If nothing else, WB loves to keep people guessing.

It's just a weird first reveal. If he was in the suit like that leaked video/pics, I think people would be more open. It's a really bad first look.

That tattoo on his head is the one thing fucking it up. Otherwise, I can dig it.

(BTW, I'd like to imagine most of those teeth were knocked out/fucked up by Batman.)

a916

Cross post from the Joker thread

zZsSFSA.jpg

He looks more like the Joker than Heath... and Heath gave a great performance.

Effect

Hmm. Saw something in a comment section of another site that was interesting. You know the rumor that Joker is said to have
killed a Robin.
. Look at the right arm and that tattoo that is there. Compare that to every other tattoo. Possible reference to that rumor?

Ahasverus

Two wrongs don't make a right. Heath's was different, but intruguing and good, this tells you all you need to know about him. And we've never gotten "purr" comics Joker which is a shame.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hmm. Saw something in a comment section of another site that was interesting. You know the rumor that Joker is said to have
killed a Robin.
. Look at the right arm and that tattoo that is there. Compare that to every other tattoo. Possible reference to that rumor?

I don't know what I should be seeing?

Loxley

Aaaaaannd let the endless "I know better than the professional costume designers because I'v read a lot of comic books" stream of extensive Leto photoshops begin.

People know they don't just throw this stuff together, right? They spend months doing size/shape/lighting/color/movement tests for multiple variations of costumes to see what looks good on-screen. I have faith that this Joker is going to look great in motion (hell I think he looks great in that low-res phone gif) and will make sense for the way Ayer is going to depict the character.

Aaaaaannd let the endless "I know better than the professional costume designers because I'v read a lot of comic books" stream of extensive Leto photoshops begin.

People know they don't just throw this stuff together, right? They spend months doing size/shape/lighting/color/movement tests for multiple variations of costumes to see what looks good on-screen. I have faith that this Joker is going to look great in motion (hell I think he looks great in that low-res phone gif) and will make sense for the way Ayer is going to depict the character.

they should take him to the lab to add a color filter.

Kibbles

Hmm I think they should've kept his hair a bit longer. I don't like the teeth. Hopefully it turns out better in film. He nailed crazy eyes tho :p

3N16MA

Banned
Everyone is going crazy over tattoos that are most likely going to be covered by clothing unless this Joker walks around without a shirt. He didn't get them for no reason so I'm sure they will show up on screen but not to the extent where that is all we see.

I would love to see a self aware Joker who knows how he is viewed and revels in it.

There is a possibility he got some of those tats before he became the Joker.

The only nitpick is the "damaged" tattoo on his forehead. I don't mind a tattoo being on his forehead but this one seems to clean and neatly placed. I would have liked to see Joker take a stab at tattooing his own face.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
that joker thread is amazing. I mean we already saw Leto's leaked Joker photo with the trademark joke white makeup and a suit, so why people going into a panic mode?

Loxley

that joker thread is amazing. I mean we already saw Leto's leaked Joker photo with the trademark joke white makeup and a suit, so why people going into a panic mode?

I'm still convinced part of why a lot of people have been so taken aback by that photo is the expression and the tattoos. I said it in that thread, I bet that if they had just shown him in the suit, giving the classic Joker grin, there would be nearly as much of a divisive reaction.

But this photo was clearly deliberately chosen to be the reveal because it would get people talking, which is exactly what has done.

Imperial

Doubt they're reliable, but here's some supposed inside information about SS:

According to our source, there has been another addition to the cast that has yet to be officially released by Warner Bros. The new character is none other than Killer Frost being played by an undisclosed actress.

Recently rumours have been swirling around the internet of a white suit for the Joker, instead of the typical purple blazer and trousers we are used to seeing in adaptations of the character. This was confirmed to us by a crew member and spotted on set being wheeled around.

Our inside source also revealed to us that Harley will be missing her mallet but donning her crop top instead of her corset for the role. It sounds like she is going for comfort and practicality over straight forward sex appeal.

http://unluckyarchers.com/2015/04/2...e-information-exclusive-new-character-reveal/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom