• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Everyone is reporting (the media) that this is our first look at the Joker and his green hair... am I blind, or does that not just look like Jared Leto... I can't even see the green hair :(

munchie64

David Ayer's latest tweet:

#WhereIsJared #SuicideSquad

CCMf5alUAAAB4l_.jpg:large
I'm crying from joy.

a916

huh weird. was Plastique ever with/or have a history with the Suicide Squad?

oh well bummer, I really wanted Katana to be in Suicide Squad/DCCU. :(

If there going into Arkham... (I have zero idea if they are, just going off Assault on Arkham), then it would make sense if a lot of characters had cameos and easter egg moments.

Penguin

I actually assumed she always did since she was on the Justice League episode as a member.

Seems she was also briefly on the team in the comics... but betrayed em... so there's that

well, again, gain of salt, but I heard the Katana rumor way before the Plastique one.

If there going into Arkham... (I have zero idea if they are, just going off Assault on Arkham), then it would make sense if a lot of characters had cameos and easter egg moments.

Well, Ayer tweeted that pic of the Arkham Asylum binders, so at least some part of the film takes place in Arkham.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
https://instagram.com/p/1ZLu84CxS4/

seems pretty official to me,
deathstroke is in the movie.
also el mayimbe is 4/4 in this movie. So I'm thinking everything he has said about it is true.

Casting spoilers don't click if you don't want to be spoiled.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
well, again, gain of salt, but I heard the Katana rumor way before the Plastique one.

Well, Ayer tweeted that pic of the Arkham Asylum binders, so at least some part of the film takes place in Arkham.

I hope she is Katana.

also el mayimbe is 4/4 in this movie. So I'm thinking everything he has said about it is true.

This is officially stealing the hype from BvS now.

Would've figured they'd get someone more well known to do DS

actors playing Enchantress, Cyborg, Flash, Wonder Woman are also not well known (and some say even Margot Robbie is unproven to this date) David Ayer is a great director he even made Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman shine in Fury. I'm not worried about new/unknown actors with him he will not get bad ones.

Edit: if Ayer is getting some of his Fury cast to join DCCU, I wont mind Shia as Jason Todd.

Maddocks

I'm going to assume he is going to play a baby deathstroke, not a full blown badass we know. For all we know in this universe deathstroke could just be a title handed out to badasses.

I like Parrack, but I wanted a big brooding mean looking and sounding badass. Parrack just doesn't strike fear in me.

BadAss2961

I'm going to assume he is going to play a baby deathstroke, not a full blown badass we know. For all we know in this universe deathstroke could just be a title handed out to badasses.

I like Parrack, but I wanted a big brooding mean looking and sounding badass. Parrack just doesn't strike fear in me.
He'll be badass, no doubt about it. Hopefully this move was made with long term plans in mind. Like maybe he hasn't lost his eye yet. Maybe he'll be the villain to kickoff a Nightwing movie.

Error

He'll be badass, no doubt about it. Hopefully this move was made with long term plans in mind. Like maybe he hasn't lost his eye yet. Maybe he'll be the villain to kickoff a Nightwing movie.

maybe they are setting him up now for that eventual cyborg movie which hopefully is a backdoor movie for Teen Titans.

Maddocks

I hope he will be badass, think the problem for me is that he will always be Hoyt from True Blood. Probably why he doesn't strike fear, but I'm sure once the first images of him are out it will be fine and put my doubts to rest.

Tabby

Don't know anything about this guy but considering how quickly people reversed their opinions on Batfleck and Luthor, I'm reserving my opinions.
I still think Joe Manganiello would have been better though.

Imperial

Man, I just wanted an older, grizzled Slade Wilson. If el mayimbe is actually right about this, then there's a strong possibility that Ike Baronholtz is gonna be playing Hugo Strange. Fuck.

Scott Eastwood On Joining 'Suicide Squad' Cast

In case you missed this.

Also, that is a young Clint right there.

He seems a'ight

BadAss2961

I hope he will be badass, think the problem for me is that he will always be Hoyt from True Blood. Probably why he doesn't strike fear, but I'm sure once the first images of him are out it will be fine and put my doubts to rest.
Haha. As a fellow True Blood fan (well, like the first 2-3 seasons) I understand. That's Hoyt Fortenberry.

Hopefully he keeps the beard at least.

Error

So apparently Parrack might not be Deathstroke after all lol

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/587728491992449025

Supposedly, there is still an outstanding role in SUICIDE SQUAD - the Desmond brothers. Mark & Roland Desmond aka BLOCKBUSTER. #rumor

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/587729048622751744

Could Barinholtz & Parrack be playing the brothers? Who knows. At this stage impossible to get anything bc of prior leaks. Complete lockdown

I think Parrack was just fucking around with that pic.

Can't believe it's already filming. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of teasing. Wonder when we'll get the first trailer, probably not before BvS.

a916

So apparently Parrack might not be Deathstroke after all lol

I think Parrack was just fucking around with that pic.

Deathstroke could have a brother (some liberties taken by this new refreshed look)

Can't believe it's already filming. Hopefully this doesn't mean the end of teasing. Wonder when we'll get the first trailer, probably not before BvS.

This really makes me wonder... there's a clear gag order on BvS for good reason... but Ayer really just goes about his business teasing almost on a weekly basis.

Yeah I think it will be test footage like Ant-Man had where it might be in the film but altered.

I'm not expecting the Batman vs Supes confrontation to go down like comic con's footage at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom