• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be weird to see joker and harley but no batman hmm. Hadn't heard of the other characters before though. Leto is going to make a pretty fucking great joker.

In this universe Joker and Batman have history. No doubt you'll hear references to one or the other in their respective films. With no solo Batman film scheduled until 2021 it could be long wait until they meet again. That is unless Joker is a player in the Justice League films.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
sB6BE5wl.png

Would not watch this movie.

Toa TAK

Banned
The Joker is my biggest concern for this movie... screw everybody else.
Nah. I'm far more intrigued by everyone else.

I'm sure Leto will be good, but I want to see how everyone else will nail it, if they do. Plus, when was the last time Will Smith was in something good? Anchorman 2 doesn't count.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
So are these guys going to be against batman?

and I shudder to think what the budget for this will be

Malvingt2

Nah. I'm far more intrigued by everyone else.

I'm sure Leto will be good, but I want to see how everyone else will nail it, if they do. Plus, when was the last time Will Smith was in something good? Anchorman 2 doesn't count.

Good? I need him to be great...

Foggy

Good lordy, people need to get over the Jai Courtney nonsense. Dude's a decent actor who picks shit movies. Nobody was going to save A Good Day to Die Hard or I, Frankenstein, so it's not like he ruined what was otherwise a good movie.

Good lordy, people need to get over the Jai Courtney nonsense. Dude's a decent actor who picks shit movies. Nobody was going to save A Good Day to Die Hard or I, Frankenstein, so it's not like he ruined what was otherwise a good movie.
He was pretty good in Spartacus and I liked him in Jack Reacher

The cast had me intrigued but finding out the director/writer is the guy who did End of Watch - I am there DAY ONE.

Yeah, dude was good in Jack Reacher. He didn't do a whole lot of acting, but he was good in the action and he seemed to have a bit of a presence.

Everyone was equally AWFUL, ATROCIOUS, DREADFUL, and BORED in Good Day Die Hard. For everyone involved it's best to forget that movie ever happened.

Also, pursuing Oprah as Amanda Waller tells me they're definitely not going for the mid-20s, 125lb Waller.

They want THE WALL.

Ok I only looked at the other link.

Same here. I had the exact "what the hell" response to that tidbit of news you did until I hit Variety.

strafer

The cast had me intrigued but finding out the director/writer is the guy who did End of Watch - I am there DAY ONE.

Yeah, dude was good in Jack Reacher. He didn't do a whole lot of acting, but he was good in the action and he seemed to have a bit of a presence.

Yeah, the director they picked is amazing.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Never even heard of this Jai Courtney dude lol. Haven't seen a single movie he's been in. Guess that's a good thing.

Hagi

Ugh Enchantress, too much to ask for Killer Frost or even Cheetah i suppose. Hardy would have been a better choice for Deadshot but who knows Smith might surprise.

Jared Leto might be cool as Joker but I'm just bothered that he'll be in this before a full Batman film. :/

You tell people that Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith are going to fuckin tussle, and the Joker & Harley Quinn are onscreen together for the first time ever?

People will show up. They won't care that they haven't heard of the Suicide Squad before now.

This. The star power alone will fill seats. Helps they have a pretty great director (End of Watch and Fury were awesome).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Fuck that shit, Will's probably gonna politic his way into landing Jaden the role of Robin.

He can just tell WB he is ready to lower his contract by few millions for Jaden to be Robin or Billy Batson and they will be all over it.

but I really hope he don't do this.

JDMC13

I don't mind Jai Courtney, but when I heard that he got the part because Gosling passed, I had an image burned in my mind: Same movie as now except full-on-dead-inside-from-Driver Gosling as Deadshot and Will Smith as Bronze Tiger.

God, I would just start throwing my money at the screen.

Grym

I haven't been following this at all...but wow what a cast!! Do we have any info/rumors on the script yet? Is Joker gonna be the big baddie or somehow on the team?

You tell people that Oprah Winfrey and Will Smith are going to fuckin tussle, and the Joker & Harley Quinn are onscreen together for the first time ever?

People will show up. They won't care that they haven't heard of the Suicide Squad before now.

It still has to be good. Even if this is a trainwreck I'm excited, but I'm interesting in seeing if WB actually has something good cooking here or if they are just throwing money at it.

So with this, who is left uncasted in the DCMU that we know of?

We don't know Waller, Green Lantern (did they ever say its not going to be reynolds?), Shazam yet, we should find out Shazam and Waller relatively soon with Black Adam and these casting announcements. GL seems really far off so I don't expect to hear about any developments about that film until after we see the performance of Justice League.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom