• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Come back, Pizza Butt. Brazil and I miss you.

Speaking of which, we gotta get this Noein thing going.

Is this really all it takes to trick people? Kokoro Connect is a terrible show. The way everyone acts is extremely unnatural, and everything is pretty much a bore consequentially. There isn't really anything redeeming about it.

And unless I'm mistaken, saying that one of the characters is a lesbian is reaaaaaaaally stretching it. The first episode of Kokoro Connect really is quite terrible unless you're fond of stock anime character types or K-On blobs. Personally, I'm still giving it an episode or two in case it miraculously does something fun with the premise, but I'm not holding out much hope.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Gao~~~. lol

I feel like I should like dinosaurs now too.

We'll accept you into the anime dinosaur fan club if you watch Arcade Gamer Fubuki, home of the best dinosaur in anime.

agf148q6c.gif

Joule

Is this really all it takes to trick people? Kokoro Connect is a terrible show. The way everyone acts is extremely unnatural, and everything is pretty much a bore consequentially. There isn't really anything redeeming about it.

I wasn't even intending to trick people. That screenshot in Joule's post is literally all there is to that scene.
I would think that only person who would jump on based on that appeal is SDBurton lol.

I wouldn't call the show terrible just yet, mediocre more likely. It's not enthralling but there's some entertainment there.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
We'll accept you into the anime dinosaur fan club if you watch Arcade Gamer Fubuki, home of the best dinosaur in anime.

http://www.abload.de/img/agf148q6c.gif
I've already seen it!

Proud to say that not once has watching Kokoro Connect even crossed my mind.
It's really just another slice of life show with a supernatural element. There's nothing inherently wrong with it if slice of life doesn't offend you like it does a lot of people.

Milky Holmes 03
Untold horrors are hidden within that.

Yeah, the villains are so much more fun than the heroes. Well, not miss booby lady, but the other three are.

This episode was really good at the latter half. The fight was full of energy and lots of fun to watch. The first half was ok, with more drama and whatever crap.

Defuser

b6f22341h5uda.jpg

I would say that's not exactly better
Dat Lelouche hand pose.

Well personally Kokoro didn't grab me. I'll abide by the three episode rule and see whether it picks up. Can't really explain it, the episode just didn't feel compelling.

Tari Tari 1 & 2

WYYmW.gif

Now this show I enjoyed surprisingly. I jokingly shrugged it off as another K-On, but 1. They actually do perform 2. it's a choir which I can relate to.
The show is a cute gif mine potential.
6EM9G.gif

Too bad Cajun is still banned.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
PGSM - 28

Solid finish to a solid arc.
Dark Ami was the best
but I'm glad she's back with the gang again.

Also...

I think this is my first ship that isn't yuri. Achievement get!

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike

Well... as much as I wanted to like this movie, I couldn't. It's poorly drawn, poorly animated, poorly scored, with bad CG just to add salt into the wound. Story was pretty forgettable and doesn't stand on its own (it even fucking ends with the game's OP just illustrating that fans of the game are the only ones who'll get any enjoyment out of this). It was also pretty damn predictable throughout.

Most of the anime/games designed by Kosuke Fujishima lately have had shit artwork/animation. It's a real shame, it's like after working so long with the great Hidenori Matsuraba for so long it's like someone decided that whoever adapted the designs for the Sakura Taisen TV series was better somehow and they've used them since. How in the fucking fuck?

Well, whatever. Was pretty much a waste of my time.

StayDead

Saw the first episode of new Dog Days today. Oh my god it was perfect.

So was the first episode of new YuruYuri and TariTari was awesome too (watching second episode in 2 days I think). Tommorow I'll watch the second episode of Arkana Familia.

Grzi

Feitan seems cool. Is this the arc where things get rather serious and intense (since Heaven's Arena really had a kind of playful tone about it in lots of parts and their lives were never really on the line)

Yup. Prepare to start ranking Kurapica higher on your list of favorite characters from the show after you witness this arc.

Thud

It's the first arc to show it's true colors. HxH is somewhat darker with a different pace and approach than most adventure/battle manga. I'm already looking forward to it.

jbug617

Banned
Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate 1

I did not expect this show to be that serious. I thought it was going to be a light hearted show based off food and relationships but
the opening scene with the girl and the car and then the closing scene with her in the hospital
is setting it up to be a lot of drama.

Hakuouki Reimeiroku ep 1
tumblr_m6yz7tcYkN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Had not planned on watching this, but decided to give it a try since it seems to be a prequel and I thought it would be a good entry into the Hakuouki franchise. And I think it was a great decision. Lots of actually interesting characters. Ryunosuke Ibiki is an instant fave, hopefully he stays the main focus, too bad Serizawa and a few of the others give him such a hard time. Heisuke is also cool too, and he sounds like Bossun from Sket Dance so thats another bonus.

Plot just feels like its starting really slow, and the OP and ED arent really anything memorable, which is unfortunate.

RurouniZel

Sailor Moon 02:

Sailormoon0007.jpg

Jaedite is such a pimp
Sailormoon0008.jpg

Holy hell your eyes are green now! o_O

An okay episode that centers around the nerdtron wanting to get his mack on with that dumb Usagi chick.

Sailormoon0009.jpg

Naru, call the police!

So a minion disguised as a fortune teller corrupts the nerdtron and he starts going all apeshit and acting like a jerk (as do other boys in the class) and it's up to Sailor Moon to stop them! By the by, Tuxedo Mask is a giant coward, always throwing a rose to get Sailor Moon out of trouble and then legging it so she can clean up the monsters by herself. Jerk.

I don't care for the characters too much yet, but we're just getting started. And despite my qualms, there's some nice artwork and the show has some VERY well composed shots.

Sailormoon0010.jpg

Like this one

Koi To Senkyo To Chocolate 1

I did not expect this show to be that serious. I thought it was going to be a light hearted show based off food and relationships but
the opening scene with the girl and the car and then the closing scene with her in the hospital
is setting it up to be a lot of drama.

tumblr_m6vln8qi4S1r14blmo5_500.gif

Well I think its still pretty light hearted, though I do how we get more of both.

wonzo

Banned
LoGH 4

Well, it's little wonder these two managed to exploit their connections to the fullest to get where they are now considering how astute they were at such a young age. This also pretty much covered the rest of the unanswered question I had about them from the movie. Great stuff.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Toradora! Ep. 1

I'm really not feeling this; the writing seems too gimmicky, for the lack of a better word. I know it's supposed to get better later on, so I'll stick with it.

I don't think I've ever read a post where you have actually enjoyed something.

RurouniZel

Sailor Moon 03:

Sailormoon0011.jpg

Even Usagi's parents want nothing to do with their daughter.
Sailormoon0012.jpg

Derp

Time time a mysterious radio show is giving out broaches to people who send in love letters, and it puts them permanently to sleep. Usagi likes the idea, and I'm all for her being put permanently to sleep. Unfortunately Luna wakes her up and they go to the station to investigate. Luna gives Usagi a new item that'll let her transform. Here's hoping it gives her a new brain.

Sailormoon0013.jpg

Design improvement x100

She defeats the monster, but is no match for Jadeite. Tuxedo Coward shows up to "save" Sailor Moon, everyone wakes up, medetashi medetashi.

Stopping for tonight, not really in the mood for more of this.

I don't think I've ever read a post where you have actually enjoyed something.

To be fair, despite being well animated and directed, I didn't like Toradora either.

Heroman 10
tumblr_m6z1ovB2G61qbxqfpo1_500.png

With lots of other stuff in english, it was so odd for this report given to the President of the United States to not be in English. Episode had some moments that were just not good,
I mean Lina x Joey?, seriously its canon?
. Though the Heroman cool moment was nice as well as Hughes subplot.

Lain

Horizon S2 episide 1

Great start for the second season, with some comedy and a lot of action. Naked Tori Aoi was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom