• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
iHLa6lFBeLk5u.gif

CALL AN AMBERLAMPS

Wait, this GIF means you don't approve of this person's opinion? So that means Femme LIKES Ghost in the Shell and stuff?

I think I have made a mistake.

poor girl has a glued expression :(

Hahaha, that's exactly what it looks like.

Just completed the last few episodes of Texhnolyze today. This series was sure hard to understand at first, and even after completing it I still have numerous questions that probably will never be answered. Though the overall plot was slow going, as could be said with Monster, it was an interesting one-time watch.

There is not much else in my backlog except for the Hellsing OVA/TV and various other Geneon titles, so I guess I will go look into the Summer season shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kuroko no Basket 11
Wtf is this shit? Shooting over the whole court? What'll be going on after 50 more episodes? Oo
Isn't it just so stupid? Imagine if a real person could do that and have a 100% shooting percentage? Why wouldn't the NBA be pounding on his door for the chance to buy him?

Cwarrior

Hunter x Hunter and One Piece are 10's but Bleach is a 6? What even?

Give Fairy Tail another shot, the anime is pretty awesome.

To be fair I would give bleach separate scores, while I do enjoy bleach it, being all about "the rule of cool", characters unleashing there bankas in cool dramatic manner and pulling off poses like"am too cool to be even be looking at you" while toying with there opponents mind giving a speech about how they will never come close to them in there life time.

But it suffers from the same problem naruto does and a ton of other anime do, as soon as the main character shows up the quality takes a huge dive downwards and everything becomes stupid and anticlimactic.

bleach when it's about ichigo 5/10

when it's about the side characters(captains/vices/vizards) 7/10

when aizen on screen 8/10

It has excellent music and the animation is pretty consistent(don't remember complaining about it, same guys that did yu yu hakusho anime, also the director also did GTO, haven't seen it but i know some of you like it).

bleach when it's about ichigo 5/10

when it's about the side characters(captains/vices/vizards) 7/10

when aizen on screen 8/10

It has excellent music and the animation is pretty consistent(don't remember complaining about it, same guys that did yu yu hakusho anime, also the director also did GTO, haven't seen it but i know some of you like it).

Well I strongly disagree about the one with Ichigo, but I guess I agree with the other two (10 when its Hitsugaya).

Narag

Daitarn 3 4

There's an easy formula to follow that the show got away from this episode. Either show Banjo wrecking shit in Daitarn 3 from the get go or show him fucking around in his palatial estate like so:

Focusing on kids is zzz. I get it's going to be Meganoid of the Week vs Daitarn 3 too but this episode lacked the charm of episodes 1 & 3 or the hot animation of episode 2.

What is the deal with comparing MAL accounts? I simply use my account to list titles that I want to watch that are licensed in the US, along with titles I would like to see licensed so I can legally watch/own the series.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
What is the deal with comparing MAL accounts? I simply use my account to list titles that I want to watch that are licensed in the US, along with titles I would like to see licensed so I can legally watch/own the series.

It's like comparing the size of your penis with another person. I may have to sign up for MAL tonight so I can like all three things I've actually managed to finish in my lifetime.

Jarmel

Banned

It's a way at laughing at other people's tastes and be elitist in general. It's a hobby people have.

Cwarrior

49.4%

FLCL - 3
TGWLTT - 3.5
NGE - 1

at least you gave HxH a perfect 10!

Let me fix that

on FLCL it's not my fault it's an extremely boring chore watch and some times damn right painful , it can't even carry itself for 6 episode it needs a kai version or even better a youtube animation clip video, so you don't have to drag yourself through the dirt to get to the nice animation.

Sometimes nice animation can't outweigh the bad.

wonzo

Banned
lists and nerds go together like peas and corn

Narag

don't take the scores seriously, they span a very long time frame and were spur of the moment. If I watched hack sign today it would get lower.

Honestly, I probably would too. I plan to sometime to see if I really enjoyed the character stuff as much as I remember or if I'll be bored by talking heads.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Hikaru no Go 1 to END

A rewatch, I finished this series 7 years ago, I just want to refresh my old memory.

I remember the manga being pretty meh in term of the story, but the anime just blow me away even though its a rewatch.

Go_board_part.jpg

It is about Go, but watching the whole show made me feel excited like I am watching ippo no hajime for the first time.

Whenever someone made a "good move", the perfect combination of music, character reaction, and special effect made you felt like the main character just punched a dinosaur to the moon. The only disappointing fact is the main character didn't say "you are already dead" whenever he placed a winning move. In fact those scene are so great that zero knowledge of the game is required to appreciate the show. I am pretty sure the author is well aware of that, since the show doesn't even bother to explain the game beyond the very basic.

I truly believe that whoever directed Hikaru No Go can do a director-cut to made K-On! felt like Fist of the North Star.

Now I want my weekend back....

Jarmel

Banned
Let me fix that

on FLCL it's not my fault it's an extremely boring chore watch and some times damn right painful , it can't even carry itself for 6 episode it needs a kai version or even better a youtube animation clip video.

Sometimes nice animation can't outweigh the bad.

What the fuck is this? How on earth can anyone say FLCL is boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom