• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rin%2Bfate%2Bstay%2Bnight.jpg

The Queen has arrived. Bow down.
And her army.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Y'know, I really like MALgraph. That recommended section is super handy and ACHIEVEMENTS!
After updating a lot of shows to "completed" status, I got the "Slice of Life: level 2" one. lol

I'm surprised that Fantasy and SciFi are ranked so high. I wonder if I have Aria to thank for that as well. lol

Narag

After updating a lot of shows to "completed" status, I got the "Slice of Life: level 2" one. lol

I'm surprised that Fantasy and SciFi are ranked so high. I wonder if I have Aria to thank for that as well. lol

I hope to be mecha level 3 soon and possibly earn my magical girl merit badge as well. Initially the favored genre thing seemed a little off for me but with a higher sample, it seems to be turning into what i expected.

Uchip

Banned
Why do you dislike Fairy Tail so much? Even looking at it critically...I still cant find what is there not to like about it.

you are blinded by your man lust for natsu!
it has awful animation, terrible pacing, uninspired designs and a complete lack of interesting villains.
its not the worst show, but its certainly less enjoyable than the other major shounen anime

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope to be mecha level 3 soon and possibly earn my magical girl merit badge as well. Initially the favored genre thing seemed a little off for me but with a higher sample, it seems to be turning into what i expected.
I wonder if I need to get off the IGN scale and start using the full scale to get a more accurate representation. lol

Firemind

I probably don't have much compatibility because I added shows I watched on and off a long time ago, like Transformers G1, Shin-Chan, Dragonball, Tekkaman, Mon-Colle Knights, Samurai Pizza Cats, Pokémon, Digimon etc.

Also some sketchy shows someone double dared me like Kiss x Sis. That's gotta be worse than whatever loli basketball show you're watching.

Stoof

Hyouka 1

Oh KyoAni, your animation never ceases to amaze me. I liked the first episode even if it was a bit slow, but I'm a fan of slice of life and it sounds like it's worth catching up on. The random imagination things that Oreki has kind of reminds me of Tsuritama when Yuki would "drown" or his film reels. All-in-all I'm looking forward to the rest of the series.
...except for this terrible episode 6 some of you talked about.

cajunator

Banned
I probably don't have much compatibility because I added shows I watched on and off a long time ago, like Transformers G1, Shin-Chan, Dragonball, Tekkaman, Mon-Colle Knights, Samurai Pizza Cats, Pokémon, Digimon etc.

Also some sketchy shows someone double dared me like Kiss x Sis. That's gotta be worse than whatever loli basketball show you're watching.

Thats OK, i have gems like Dears and Green Green on my list.

Joule

Campione!:
This reminds me of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou. The set up is fairly similar and the heroine (or at least one of them) is also voiced by Youko Hikasa (Erica is pretty cute). The opening episode was pretty decent for what it was and there was some action. The Gate of Babylon copy pasta was kinda cool. I thought it being in Italy was interesting but then they went back to Japan of course. I'm not really getting why Athena is a loli or her ambitions to destroy the world but let's just roll with it.

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate 2+3:
wReUI.jpg

Dreaming my life away~
For an eroge adaptation, it's mostly just inoffensive fluff. I guess the Amagami designs really help that. Yaoi sticks and Yume's humor aside, the election stuff is okay. I'm curious how that grim intro from the first episode will come back into the scene. If nothing else the Elements Garden music keeps the show afloat (I've seen them in a lot of this season's credits though they're only composing for this show).

Horizon s2 1+2:
While I appreciate that they went straight into the thick of things and it was an action filled couple of episodes, I don't remember anything about what was going on in the series. From what I did comprehend though, the England guys seem kind of cool and wacky. I hope the Musashi sideline crew gets more spotlight this time (it looks like my favourite bro Tenzo is getting it in though based on the OP). Horizon herself is kind of amusing with the deadpan attempts at humor.

--------
If anyone's interested I guess, my MAL.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/WakiMiko

Hah I'm level 3 slice of life though I'm certain it's just because I've stomached more mediocre 4girls do something shows than you.

you are blinded by your man lust for natsu!
it has awful animation, terrible pacing, uninspired designs and a complete lack of interesting villains.
its not the worst show, but its certainly less enjoyable than the other major shounen anime

Gray Fullbuster > Natsu...but anyway, the visuals improve much over the series and look really good for Fire Dragon attacks and the other dragon slayers techniques. The anime certainly has more consistent good animation that One Piece or Toriko. Pacing is also really well, it goes faster than One Piece.

All the designs are really good too. Compared to the other anime I never recall people complaining like they do at Hunter x Hunter's Leorio, or One Piece's Ussop, Franky, Chopper, or I guess Bleach's Chad, etc. Fairy Tail designs are crisp and fresh, and the villains motives are as interesting as those found in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

Fairy Tail has the best parts of all the major shounen anime with its own flare.

YuruYuri Ep. 1

ibkA8la4OjZfYR.gif

It wasn't that bad, but my initial impression is that it's an inferior version of K-On!. The best joke had already been spoiled for me in GIF form, and it should go without saying that I didn't like the "look how cute and perverted they are" humor.

Emitan

Yuru Yuri Ep. 1

ibkA8la4OjZfYR.gif

It wasn't that bad, but my initial impression is that it's an inferior version of K-On!. The best joke had already been spoiled for me in GIF form, and it should go without saying that I didn't like the "look how cute and perverted they are" humor.

Slightly less awesome K-On! isn't a bad thing!

Tari Tari 04

W00q8.gif

Man, Wien, no need to be a total badass in a slice of life show.

This show still got it. It's enjoyable, the story is moving a lot quicker than I thought it would. Though it feels like everything is about Sawa's mom in some form or another, but it is pretty nice to see a little-drama show like this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
YuruYuri Ep. 1

http://i.minus.com/ibkA8la4OjZfYR.gif

How will jman respond?

If anyone's interested I guess, my MAL.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/WakiMiko

Hah I'm level 3 slice of life though I'm certain it's just because I've stomached more mediocre 4girls do something shows than you.
I only have the last three years thankfully. lol

I also can't be assed to go in and add all the specials and ovas that it's recommending to me at the bottom of the page.

Uchip

Banned
Gray Fullbuster > Natsu...but anyway, the visuals improve much over the series and look really good for Fire Dragon attacks and the other dragon slayers techniques. The anime certainly has more consistent good animation that One Piece or Toriko. Pacing is also really well, it goes faster than One Piece.

well im only 1/3 through so I cant comment on the visual progress
having better animation than One Piece isnt much of a feat

All the designs are really good too. Compared to the other anime I never recall people complaining like they do at Hunter x Hunter's Leorio, or One Piece's Ussop, Franky, Chopper, or I guess Bleach's Chad, etc. Fairy Tail designs are crisp and fresh, and the villains motives are as interesting as those found in Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.

ive never heard people complain about any of those
Fairy Tails characters look like they came right out of a 'how to draw anime' guide to me

Fairy Tail has the best parts of all the major shounen anime with its own flare.

I feel like it has all of the worst parts of major shounen but with even less chance of main characters being in any kind of danger.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
For the record, I use a 1-10 as a 1-10 scale. 5 is average and 6 and up means the show has merit. That said, I give myself a margin of error of +/- 1.

My score dstribution makes a nice bell curve too.

Also, yes, I hated Diebuster. :p

Joule

I only have the last three years thankfully. lol

I also can't be assed to go in and add all the specials and ovas that it's recommending to me at the bottom of the page.

Fill it out so I can assess your true slice of life power level. I also watched a couple episodes of Aria. I kind of hope there is a sakuga episode at some point to really show off the gondola rowing and the backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom