• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

Gintama 20

After 1 year and 6 months am almost there, to the promise land of ep25, good thing it's becoming slightly better, I can now make it through an episode in a day with only taking 2 breaks, 4 episode ago it use to take me just over a week to finish an episode, that's mostly thanks to it moving or taking breaks from the "Filler character of the week hear my heavy handed sob story that's telegraphed by the same heartwarming/sad type track that's played 2-3 times an episode".

So far it's a drag to watch, I haven't seen an anime butcher source material like this in quite some time, it has the pacing of a "slice of life" anime and not one that's intended to be a comedy one, everything thing draaaags.

I am not one to mind it being 1:1(1ep to 1chapter) but come on at least add some scenes, the manga doesn't even have that many panels or text, it's quick short stories.

-Gintoki and Kagura are awesome easily up there as some of the best character I've seen in an anime, pure gold comes out of there mouths but unfortunately by the time it does it's already to late for me since am already numb and half asleep.

Worst part is the sound track, what is there like 5-6 tracks but only 3 of them are used 90% of the time.

On a positive note it's slowly getting better still some ways to go.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Oberstein had Reinhard's charisma he'd be godking emperor tsarkhan of all space in no time.

Cwarrior

Binbougami ga ep3

Now this episode was so anime it sucked, this new cliche male character and his siblings are trash, throw them into the fire.

ep2=good
ep1=ok
ep3=really bad but worse cliche bad with new trashy cliche characters introduced.

This anime has already fell off, let see if it can recover from this.

DrWong

Didn't find any Makoto Shinkai thread and nothing about his next project (on GAF & Internet) so I post it here, sorry if it's the wrong place: Shinkai has 2 projects in the work, 2 movies, one is for children and the other is for a more mature/adult audience, a "love story".

I know he said in a recent interview he wanted to make an "hardcore SF movie" (by hardcore SF he means stuff like Greg Egan's novels, so real "hardcore") but it will not be his next project, "it's really complex/difficult" he said.

survivor

Banned
Didn't find any Makoto Shinkai thread and nothing about his next project (on GAF & Internet) so I post it here, sorry if it's the wrong place: Shinkai has 2 projects in the work, 2 movies, one is for children and the other is for a more mature/adult audience, a "love story".

I know he said in a recent interview he wanted to make an "hardcore SF movie" (by hardcore SF he means stuff like Greg Egan's novels, so real "hardcore") but it will not be his next project, "it's really complex/difficult" he said.

Hope it will be as good as 5 Centimeters Per Second

cajunator

Banned
Why did I have to see this today?

Now I want to buy it.

Oh....man.

I already have two Saber figures. I don't need another one....but...
NO I cant. Shit this is the kind of internal battle I waged and ultimately lost with Fate Zero.

Oh wait, its Japan only. Well that solves that dilemma.
I still want it anyway.

Shinkai telling a story about love? What a bold endeavor!

Binbougami ga! 04

yFBKX.jpg

Momou is my new favorite character. So, this makes it a really good episode.

Dresden

hard SF? I guess it would mean he wouldn't have to worry about stuff like characters, he'd just need to get the SCIENCE and the clouds right.

Binbougami ga 4

And the 2nd best male character appears! Not a lot of funny until the end, but good episode nonetheless. Driving home the point that Ichiko cares a ton about Suwano.

Looks like they're skipping all the way to chapter 7 for next episode, which is the first real "arc". 5 and 6 could be covered in a single episode, so maybe they'll do that later, but it's not a big loss if they can get to the arc I want them to get to.

And lol at Nadeshiko. She is going to be crying so much on the last episode when she realizes they won't even get to her arc.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Star Driver 1-25

Sadly, this didn't live up to what it could have been. There's really not even that much to say about it, since nothing really happened in it. However, there were a few bright spots.

DTL rating: A solid 4 out of 5, I would say. There are a few too many voluptuous girls taking the stage for it to achieve that perfect 5.

Fabulousness rating: 5 out 5. It would take someone like Ikuhara to do better.

There wasn't a bad looking episode, as far as quality was concerned. The artstyle is a different matter, but I liked it.

The final episode:
Dropping every pretense of finishing the story in favor of cramming in 20 minutes of hot BONES mechas punching the shit out of each other was the perfect decision.

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone except those who I know will like it, like DTL.

I guess my final rating would be 3 out of 5 galactic pretty boys.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Star Driver 1-25

Sadly, this didn't live up to what it could have been. There's really not even that much to say about it, since nothing really happened in it. However, there were a few bright spots.

DTL rating: A solid 4 out of 5, I would say. There are a few too many voluptuous girls taking the stage for it to achieve that perfect 5.

Fabulousness rating: 5 out 5. It would take someone like Ikuhara to do better.

There wasn't a bad looking episode, as far as quality was concerned. The artstyle is a different matter, but I liked it.

The final episode:
Dropping every pretense of finishing the story in favor of cramming in 20 minutes of hot BONES mechas punching the shit out of each other was the perfect decision.

Anyway, I wouldn't really recommend this to anyone except those who I know will like it, like DTL.

I guess my final rating would be 3 out of 5 galactic pretty boys.

Just realized you came back bro. Kiraboshi!

Soma

Binbougami Ga! Episode 04

ibnAhKnFU4mML4.jpg
ibi3QsZ2vfnadp.jpg

Just a hunch but I have a feeling that DTL might be a fan of this episode or at least of our newly introduced character.

Pretty good episode that kinda emphasizes the fact that Sakura might actually have some form of human feelings.

Ultimadrago

Gunslinger Girl 3

Alright, now insight is given on the other "brothers" in the organization. Though, Rico, is given a majority of the focus this episode. The interesting part about this episode is that Rico makes
an encounter with a boy from the outside.
Now, up to this point there hasn't been a single showing of a lengthy conversation with someone not connected to the organization. This is where you hear her thoughts and curiosities to a world that is close, but far. Of course leading to the "I don't know what to say..." mentality. Anyhow, this little diversion doesn't please her "brother" and he is the type that focuses on results. Unlike a kindly hand-upon-head gesture from Giuse to Henrietta, his is rough and condescending.

In the end,
it is presumed she finished off the boy she had recently met to fulfill her mission.
It was a obvious fate given the circumstances. I liked the reaction from
Emilio, simply one of confusion, even when she held up the gun towards him.

The desensitizing of the Social Welfare Agency is ruthless.

It is another episode I enjoyed! This episode had some interesting edits like episode 1 displayed. I hope all the girls have entertaining stories to tell and inform on the life lived as a trained killer.

Binbougami Ga! Episode 04
ibi3QsZ2vfnadp.jpg

Just a hunch but I have a feeling that DTL might be a fan of this episode or at least of our newly introduced character.

Pretty good episode that kinda emphasizes the fact that Sakura might actually have some form of human feelings.

Pretty nice episode , i lose that they managed to throw a DBZ & a mononoke hime reference in the same scene.

R6qCrl.jpg

You bet it is !!!!

Sengoku Collection 17

Not one BENEVOLENCE joke? What a shame. At least they tossed in a small three visit reference.

Not gonna comment on the fact that Liu Bei is no where close to the Sengoku period one bit.

A decent episode at least. Really by the books. A girl becomes the maid of an older lady who acts cold but through cursed into being a pig they learn to be best friends!

Pig|Nobunga was a fun twist. Too bad she haxed herself out of it.

At least, Liu Bei wielding twin blades was about the most action we have really seen in this show for a long time.

Jex

[Binbougami Ga! Episode] - 3

I am sure cosmicblizzard will be thrilled to hear that I kind of enjoyed this episode. It didn't do anything original, but perhaps demanding originality out of an anime comedy is a little harsh.

I assume we're going to carry on getting 'introductions' in this manner as the show works it's way around to developing a formula. I see no reason to drop this at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom