• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure! 21:

5VbM5l.jpg

NEXT WEEK.

Seriously, I don't even want to talk about this episode because the anticipation for NEXT WEEK outweighs anything that happened in this boring-ass Tanabata episode. What a waste of a
Pop aka Neckbeard Lion
appearance, although it's obvious that
he's there for story reasons that are going to be resolved over the course of the next week or two

In fairness, the last minute of the episode is worthwhile, but only because
SHIT GETS REALLY REALLY REAL to lead into NEXT WEEK.

Did I mention that NEXT WEEK is going to be amazing?

Seriously, the preview:

http://i.imgur.com/Ol4Hil.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MZvvDl.jpg

YAYOI MINDFUCK.

Also, this week's post-credits spoilz image and a probable future avatar for me.

And, last but not least, perfect avatar material for wonzo had he not already been sporting the world's greatest avatar:

No fucks were given by the animators at all this episode. 100% obligatory Tanabata shoehorning.

Ittoki and Syo, then the rest, its so many and its so hard to choose! Syo and Ittoki had memorable songs as well as the first one you mentioned too.
Cecil should have returned again and Satsuki, would have been better if he were permanent

I won't lie Cecil was pretty wtf, randomly appearing like that.

All the songs were great. Some were just better than others!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Jormungand 12 -END-

Guess I was wrong!
They are immortal after all!

I was certain Ugo was gonna die... And he didn't. And then it was pretty clear Valmet was going to die too. But she didn't. Oh, well. Even so, the episode was pretty intense, and the "vengeance leads to vengeance" sequence was pretty good (and shocking, because they were using a track sang in Brazilian Portuguese in the background).

I won't say "Can't wait for the second season" because it wouldn't be true. The series looks awful, and most of the episodes are uninteresting... But I still enjoy it for some reason I can't really explain, so I'll be there.

Makoto

Jormungand 12 -END-

I was certain Ugo was gonna die... And he didn't. And then it was pretty clear Valmet was going to die too. But she didn't.
This episode would have been suspenseful had I not known there was going to be a second season.

Jormungand 12 -END-
I won't say "Can't wait for the second season" because it wouldn't be true. The series looks awful, and most of the episodes are uninteresting... But I still enjoy it for some reason I can't really explain, so I'll be there.

The plot introduced in the preview makes me anticipate it way more than I felt for the valmet arc.

Andrew J.

Smile Precure 21

next week

NEXT MOTHERFUCKING WEEK

the demonic juggalo emperor pierrot

WILL BE MOTHERFUCKING REVIVED

the precure will try to stop it )O:

BUT MARCHENLAND WILL BE PAINTED RED WITH THEIR BLOOD :O)

it is going to be

A MOTHERFUCKING MIRACLE

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Have I been missing anything lately?

Or is Kuroko still the show of the season?

Have I been missing anything lately?

Or is Kuroko still the show of the season?

Well the new season has barely started and no new sports anime are this season, I think it is still going to be sports anime of the season, but show of the season...I think I like kingdom a bit more than it, and potentially arcana famiglia and Sword Art Online seems compelling.

Jex

Jormungand 12 -END-

Is it because White Fox are so amazing?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well the new season has barely started and no new sports anime are this season, I think it is still going to be sports anime of the season, but show of the season...I think I like kingdom a bit more than it, and potentially arcana famiglia and Sword Art Online seems compelling.

So, what you're saying is

I need to watch Guilty Crown again and re-live the moment when anime was saved

got it

Jex

Yes. Daryl Surat is a pretty good entertainer and does have a lot of knowledge about a variety of shows, mostly past rather than present, but sometimes he tries to overreach and generalize, when it comes to talking about certain people and places or even some anime he isn't really all that familiar with. It makes for above average podcasting most of the time though, even when he's occasionally hilariously or annoyingly wrong (albeit not as much as Gerald, another AWO co-host, who hates things for weird and awkward reasons).

That can well be an issue.
From the podcasts that I've heard with him and his cabal (which includes the ANN guys), he's one of those "anime/games/movies/books/music/whatever was so much better when I was young" types of people who are myopic about what they will even consider watching let alone praising.

Now that I would completely disagree with. While AWO tends to focus on older or niche properties he does talk about modern shows from time to time and he doesn't really have an affinity for any particular time period. The reason they don't talk about modern anime that much on AWO is so that they don't undercut all their OtakuUSA articles, which are all focused on modern stuff. When I read those he tends to be fairly even handed. There hasn't really ever been a "it's modern so it sucks" moment.

Acchi Kocchi 12
VAm5j.gif

Let's get all the negativity out of the way. The actual ending of the show was lackluster, if they switched the ending of the Valentine Day part with the White Day one, it would have been so much better.
But besides that, still a really cute show and this being the last episode made me really appreciate how great this show is. Everyone is fun, there are no annoying characters. The romance is cute and while it never gets anywhere, it's still nice to see progress. The daily events are actually fun to watch all thanks to such a great cast.
Kyouya is such a cute tsundere.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That can well be an issue.
Now that I would completely disagree with. While AWO tends to focus on older or niche properties he does talk about modern shows from time to time and he doesn't really have an affinity for any particular time period. The reason they don't talk about modern anime that much on AWO is so that they don't undercut all their OtakuUSA articles, which are all focused on modern stuff. When I read those he tends to be fairly even handed.
I can only go from my impressions from their podcasts and he seems to have grumpy old man syndrome from what I've heard.

Jex

Kaiji S2 12 - 17

I was going to say how I'm not feeling the slow pace (and I'm not, mostly, it still doesn't bother me), but then I realized I have 9 more episodes until the end. I sure hope he doesn't spend the rest of the episodes sitting in front of this machine. There's not much that can happen, so I'm guessing things will slow down noticeably from here on out.

I already tried to lower your expectations!
I can only go from my impressions from their podcasts and he seems to have grumpy old man syndrome from what I've heard.

Fair enough. I would link to specific articles but Otaku USA is a bad website with no archive.

Now that all the shows I followed in Spring actually finished, time for ranking times!

Finished Shows
1. Tsuritama
2. Fate/Zero
3. Acchi Kocchi
4. Medaka Box
5. Sakamichi no Apollon
6. Sankarea
7. Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
8. Shining Hearts

Still Airing into the Summer
1. Hyouka
2. Kuroko no Basuke