• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Eureka Seven AO - Episode 16

I can't believe they did it. It's such a shocking and horrifying twist in this series. I don't know where it's going anymore. OMG someone hold me. Arghughughuguhghgh.
All those action scenes were pretty exciting to watch, but I literally went "HOLY SHIT" when Renton came through the wormhole in the Nirvash SpecX to save Naru. But then... she just.... kills him. Wtf. This can't be real right?
It's going to be a looooong wait till next week's episode. >_<

Oh man, I loved that scene too!!! I can't even believe that
Renton ripped through time and space! I haaaaate Naru now, that jerk!

Next week is gonna be awesoooooommmeeeee!!!!!!!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
No, there was one very specific thread where there was a bit of a "hate-on" for people who dared sport anime avatars.

Well to be fair, I received no hate :p

Then again, I was firing back at the anime avatars sort of for the sake of keeping the thread going at first. I started posting seriously toward the end of the thread.

I'll sport an anime avatar of someone's choosing as an apology if that helps.

survivor

Banned
Was that the Atelier topic people were mentioning? I just gave it a brief look.
Do people really do this though? Put someone on ignore simply because of an aesthetic choice to the art style in their avatar?

Well, to me, I guess I don't want to talk to them either if they're going to be that silly and shallow minded about it...

Surprisingly yes. There was a thread about avatars and anime ones were hated on a lot

Dresden

I can't believe they did it. It's such a shocking and horrifying twist in this series. I don't know where it's going anymore. OMG someone hold me. Arghughughuguhghgh.
All those action scenes were pretty exciting to watch, but I literally went "HOLY SHIT" when Renton came through the wormhole in the Nirvash SpecX to save Naru. But then... she just.... kills him. Wtf. This can't be real right?

Can't wait for ep17. My mind is getting blown and I don't know if it's a good thing or not.

Based on the quotes Dresden has posted he's actually suffering from depression due to being one of the few self-aware hack writers.

dunno, he looks pretty happy to me. I think he's come to an acceptance of just what he is. All the money probably helps.

C0KzS.jpg

Jex

Was that the Atelier topic people were mentioning? I just gave it a brief look.
Do people really do this though? Put someone on ignore simply because of an aesthetic choice to the art style in their avatar?

Well, to me, I guess I don't want to talk to them either if they're going to be that silly and shallow minded about it...

I believe Hitokage was referring to this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422808&highlight=avatars

A selection:

BeeDog said:
Any anime avatars.
Finaika said:
Anime avatars.
Beardz said:
Any anime avatar... fucking hate them :|
VALIS said:
I know it's not fair since they're not all like that, but any anime or Japanese model/pop star avatar makes me think the poster is a 30-year old manchild with living with his parents.
WJD said:
Any anime avatar.
830920 said:
Anime avatars
EatChildren said:
Worst avatars on GAF:
- Anime.
Lucius86 said:
The anime avatars piss me off the most - but that's because I hate anime. Otherwise these too
Kabouter said:
Anime avatars however do generally have that effect.
xbhaskarx said:
Anime [avatars]
Chuck said:
Anime avatars.
butts said:
anime avatars
Mar said:
Closely followed by most anime avatars.
Black-Wind said:
Anime avatars annoy me.
thewesker said:
Really though, the avatars I hate the most are anime ones. GTFO my internet.
catfish said:
All anime
WJD said:
All anime avatars.
eXistor said:
Anime. 99 times out of a 100 I won't take your post seriously if you have one.
YuriLowell said:
Anyone that has sports figures, or Anime.
Brinbe said:
Mr_Brit said:
All anime avatars.
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Anime avatars
YuriLowell said:
Anyone that has sports figures, or Anime.
Foliorum Viridum said:
Anime/Asian Girls/Cute TV girls - because the posters will be virgins and/or creeps.
Arnie said:
Any and every anime avatar.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Wait what? How the hell did you watch the episode? I thought it was cancelled cuz of the Olympics? The fuck?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think I'm well known enough that people won't just look at my avatar and look at my posts.

Too bad my posts are pretty unsubstantial :p

I think we can all agree here that, regarding the OT, there's no correlation between the amount of substance in a post and its likelihood of receiving responses, hahah.

according to gaming, your avatar's skirt is too short and leaves nothing to the imagination.

That was just Mandoric being a sly devil.

Dresden

Kabouter and EatChildren among them. Nice to know that there are mods that will ignore/hate you for something entirely superficial, although I assume that any mod that isn't Hito or duckroll hates anime fans by default unless indicated otherwise.

Nah, I think most of them are quite comfortable with anime.

Nafe

Who would want to ignore those wonderful breasts in your avatar?!

Well there's nothing wrong with being busty.

Spend a day posting in a wide variety of OT threads.

See how many responses you get.

Anime OT is the only thread I've actually posted in so far, though I read gaming side all the time. Your suggestion sounds like a bad idea haha, I'd have to switch avatars first I think.

Surprisingly yes. There was a thread about avatars and anime ones were hated on a lot

That's really just silly.

I believe Hitokage was referring to this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422808&highlight=avatars

A selection:

Wow!...That's honestly pretty depressing. I'm not the biggest sports fan but I'm not going to ignore someone just because they have a sports related avatar.

It's funny how two of the posters quoted are mods now.

Yeah, I noticed that too.

jbug617

Banned
Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko 1-5

I like this show. It's weird in a good way especially liked the part when he
questioned if it was right to tell her the truth about not being an alien
. Also the mother is the star of the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nah, I think most of them are quite comfortable with anime.

It's probably silly of me to even make an issue of it when GAF moderation is known for each mod having some level of personal freedom in exercising their power against things that they personally dislike. I don't demand that anyone enjoy the same things that I do, I just hate the possibility of the vicious nerd hierarchy that GAF perpetuates extending straight to the top.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Anime OT is the only thread I've actually posted in so far, though I read gaming side all the time. Your suggestion sounds like a bad idea haha, I'd have to switch avatars first I think.
Nah, screw that. They can squirm and it's their problem, not mine.

survivor

Banned
Kabouter and EatChildren among them. Nice to know that there are mods that will ignore/hate you for something entirely superficial, although I assume that any mod that isn't Hito or duckroll hates anime fans by default unless indicated otherwise.

Mumei is pretty cool and a big fan of Naoki Urasawa

Nafe

I dunno nafe... I'm not exactly a fan of busty anime girls.

Personally I really only think it's unappealing when it gets to the point of how they're depicted in something like Seikon no Qwaser. They're too big and strange looking. It really wasn't a good idea to blind watch that one...it wasn't at all how the one PV made it look.

Tomat

Personally I really only think it's unappealing when it gets to the point of how they're depicted in something like Seikon no Qwaser. They're too big and strange looking. It really wasn't a good idea to blind watch that one...it wasn't at all how the one PV made it look.

Is it that bad? I gave the first episode a watch and it seemed like stupid fun.

Tomat

Well to be fair, I received no hate :p

Then again, I was firing back at the anime avatars sort of for the sake of keeping the thread going at first. I started posting seriously toward the end of the thread.

I'll sport an anime avatar of someone's choosing as an apology if that helps.
New page. No takers? I'm at your mercy here folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom