• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Some clean, hi-res pictures of the Prism Nana cast (same pictures as before, just without the C82 ad overlay):
KxZZk.jpg

LrYMm.jpg

Some clean, hi-res pictures of the Prism Nana cast (same pictures as before, just without the C82 ad overlay):

Gives me a Magic Knights Rayearth feeling though mostly of the three girls and three elements.

Can't wait to see how they'll break that into tiny little pieces

cajunator

Banned
You guys have no idea how not having AO makes me immensely sad.

Same here. One of the shows I don't talk about much but am definitely following.
Kind of funny since I've seen more of this than the original series!

Was that the Atelier topic people were mentioning? I just gave it a brief look.
Do people really do this though? Put someone on ignore simply because of an aesthetic choice to the art style in their avatar?

Well, to me, I guess I don't want to talk to them either if they're going to be that silly and shallow minded about it...

Yup. You should see how the same people who decry inequality and seem to champion individuality turn a 180 when it comes to anime. Thats one reason I really don't give a shit what they're saying.

I believe Hitokage was referring to this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422808&highlight=avatars

A selection:

Hmm. all I see is page after page of banned people. I'm sure that means something.

Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko 1-5

I like this show. It's weird in a good way especially liked the part when he
questioned if it was right to tell her the truth about not being an alien
. Also the mother is the star of the show.

Someone post the Meme gif stat!

New page. No takers? I'm at your mercy here folks.

It was no big deal. you are entitled to your opinion. But seriously, anime is a pretty niche product. Much more than you might believe. Now games are a different story, but these sorts of games are still very niche.

I wouldn't call evilore 'neutral' on matters of personal taste, from what I've seen . . .

He's definitely not neutral.

Don't do that. He will be killed.

I remember someone already had a Ro-kyu-bu avatar once as part of a punishment game or something. I think that was back last summer or fall. I don't remember who it was.

Yep. I remember that vividly, though not who it was or why.

Capt tylor 22

lol going from about to be executed to commander of all their forces lmfao.

Told you. Tylor is THE MAN.

oh shit

p6p6g.png

- Amazon JP Exclusive: 42000yen
- LE: 36750yen
- Reg: 26250yen

Bluray? english voices? extra swag? WHERE THE FUCK DO I SIGN UP?

Capt Tylor Fin

what a way to end. Overall a fun show. I think i liked nadesco a bit more though. And i do love the ship designs. Feels like yamato with some star trek.

7/10

I think I gave it an 8 but yeah Tylor is a fun show but Nadesico is just better in all kinds of ways.

ibnWFWDOQMNxHa.gif

Wait, I mean

Can't wait to see the shitty CG in an even higher resolution making it look even more shitty.

Envelope is so tsun. That's why we love him.

Thanks for that!

Not digging those designs, clear downgrade from wideface.

I like these, but yeah the Madoka Magica designs are great and look really good in figurine form. I'm hoping these will too. I'll buy them, especially if GSC makes some.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Super hi-res expressions:

Is it bad that we can already tell what character archetypes they're going to be from those images alone? Or is that the point?
Don't do that. He will be killed.
I was actually hoping for some weirder ones. I expected animeGAF to give me their worst.

I'd love it if a few people agreed on one but I think everyone lost interest :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'd rather you didn't change your avatar, but if you must, then that one's the way to go!

I'll give it a week and then I'll go back. In the meantime I'm going to make an effort not to post in here until I actually watch some shows. Backlog getting too big.

Articalys

It's interesting they're already showing how it went through the concept stages instead of just the finalized versions; this picture looks like it has two of the alternate designs they considered for red girl.

cajunator

Banned
Is it bad that we can already tell what character archetypes they're going to be from those images alone? Or is that the point?

I was actually hoping for some weirder ones. I expected animeGAF to give me their worst.

I'd love it if a few people agreed on one but I think everyone lost interest :p

It means it's an old thread.

True, but that doesn't mean that everybody in old threads got banned!
Those are all permabans by the looks of it. So many at once.
It just says something about the people who posted in those kinds of threads. They dont last long so there's no point worrying about what they have to say.
Except SNESfreak. He was cool. Other than being a NFC south football rival fan of my favorite team.

duckroll

Weird. The Bebop set is 1080i, and no there are no English subs or dub. There's a note indicating that some of the materials on the bonus disc are in English, so maybe they have some Anime Expo interview or coverage.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It does seem like this is still quite in the concept stage; I mean, this picture looks like it has three different possible designs for the red girl alone.

To me those look more like they're just showing the design process to how they got the final (far leftmost) designs, considering how they only have group images with those designs.

cajunator

Banned
Weird. The Bebop set is 1080i, and no there are no English subs or dub. There's a note indicating that some of the materials on the bonus disc are in English, so maybe they have some Anime Expo interview or coverage.

It mystifies me why they dont just throw subs on there so they can get US buyers of this set. Some people know Japanese and will buy it regardless, but many of us willing to pay for it do not, so its a significant barrier to entry.

Branduil

That is weird. Especially the 1080i. What would be the reason for doing that?

duckroll

I don't understand what framerate would have to do with it though. I'm pretty sure Bebop, like most anime, is almost completely shot at 23.976 fps.

Yes, the film parts might be, and the digital parts might be 30fps. If that's how it was done, encoding it in 1080i is the only way to preserve how it should look.

Dynedom

Capt Tylor Fin

what a way to end. Overall a fun show. I think i liked nadesco a bit more though. And i do love the ship designs. Feels like yamato with some star trek.

7/10

You need to watch the OVA's. Be warned that the art changes in the major set of OVA's and the tone shifts dramatically.

Really, the major OVA you need to watch is Tylor's War (which keeps with the art and tone of the series, from what I remember) and maybe From Here To Eternity (which I believes continues the story).

Actually, if you liked the universe, watch all the OVA's. Just heed my warnings about the other OVA's.

edit: And yes, Yuriko (from the series) is most definitely waifu material.

Branduil

Yes, the film parts might be, and the digital parts might be 30fps. If that's how it was done, encoding it in 1080i is the only way to preserve how it should look.

Maybe so. Does Blu-ray not support variable framerates?

In theory 1080i at 60fps shouldn't look noticeably worse than 1080p at 24fps, at least. Since telecine pulldown means every individual frame in the original film would be repeated at least twice. However, it could mean telecine judder is encoded into the actual discs, which means fancy 120hz or better TVs wouldn't eliminate it.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 5

Yep, this show's still funny as hell.
I hope the older brother survives that fall. :(

However did you get this ultra rare picture of Ume Aoki, Wonzo?
detective_searching_clues_lg_clr.gif

holmes 2.0

It could be like the CCS or LoGH BD's and be using a 1080i master as a source.

Branduil

It could be like the CCS or LoGH BD's and be using a 1080i master as a source.

It seems like it'd be relatively simple to convert a 1080i master to 1080p/24fps, though.

Of course it also seems like it'd be relatively simple to produce anime 1080p today, but we still get anime at weird resolutions like 540p, so I don't know.

wonzo

Banned
It seems like it'd be relatively simple to convert a 1080i master to 1080p/24fps, though.

Of course it also seems like it'd be relatively simple to produce anime 1080p today, but we still get anime at weird resolutions like 540p, so I don't know.
Well that much is relatively obvious, but the question is why it's a 1080i master to begin with. :)
"He's just a human. Humans are just human!" - Sir Philocres from the Byston Well Story, Garzey's Wing.

Apparently 1080i was the norm for pretty much everything back when they were remastering stuff for DVD re/releases. I do know that Evangelion was remastered at 1080p24 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom