• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've pretty much liked all KyoAni work I've seen, though I would say I like Haruhi S1 just a little bit better than K-On. Lucky Star and Nichijou I liked as well. Hyouka I'm not current with, but the first four eps didn't do a lot for me for some reason. Might pick it up again when I have more time.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
They were far funnier than anything the nichijou cast could do.

tumblr_llyuv57eD31qkvss4o1_500.gif

Oh DTL, your jokes always leave me stiches.

He is wrong actually. The best of Nichijou is better than the best of Nichibros, it's just that the best of Nichijou is incredibly rare and sandwiched between lots of boring nothing.

Mio's drawings were the best of Nichijou (especially the one in ep 2) and Go Soccer. The weakest of Nichibros, High School Girls Are Funky, was just as good as the best of Nichijou. No one in Nichijou even compared to Tadakuni, Yoshitake, Hidenori, President, Mitsuo, or Karasawa.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Nichijou versus Yuru Yuri: Go!

it's a trick question, neither one is particularly good, despite occasional moments where they rise to the challenge

survivor

Banned
I don't think Yuru Yuri is particularly funny. I mean it has some funny moments but I'm certainly not watching it for the comedy.

Articalys

Speaking of Nichijou, they qualified a couple today:
1st 143 Saki Mizukoshi @ Natsuiro Kiseki
2nd 121 Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch
2nd 121 Yuka Hanaki @ Natsuiro Kiseki
4th 119 Izumi Segawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler
5th 118 Yuuko Aioi @ Nichijou
5th 118 Hakase @ Nichijou
7th 117 Chitose Ikeda @ Yuru Yuri
8th 116 Mero Furuya @ Sankarea
9th 112 Crea Dolosera @ Aquarion Evol
10th 107 Tsumiki Miniwa @ Acchi Kocchi
11th 103 Ayumi Tokita @ Squid Girl
12th 100 Tomo Asama @ Horizon In The Middle Of Nowhere
13th 98 Mix @ Aquarion Evol
14th 96 Hatsuse Okahashi @ Saki
15th 95 Yoshinoya @ Hidamari Sketch
15th 95 Tiffania Westwood @ Zero no Tsukaima
Meanwhile, out in the cold:
23rd 73 Saya Kisaragi @ Blood C
Couldn't even protect her own chances.

Only one more day of prelims to go then we'll have our full list for the main tournament.

sleepykyo

Speaking of Nichijou, they qualified a couple today:

Meanwhile, out in the cold:

Couldn't even protect her own chances.

Only one more day of prelims to go then we'll have our full list for the main tournament.

To be fair, isn't moe supposed to inspire the desire to protect and clearly Saya doesn't need protection. She just doesn't bother to protect anyone else.

Jex

LOGH 15

WHOA. This episode was absolutely incredible. Everything from the great animation and background work to the engaging back-and-forth strategy and Dvorak's Symphony No. 9 were all put together so masterfully I was literally stunned with awe. Holy shit.

LOGH is an extremely long OVA series, after all. Sometimes they really pull out all the stops and the results are fairly spectacular.

Jex

oh shit

p6p6g.png

- Amazon JP Exclusive: 42000yen
- LE: 36750yen
- Reg: 26250yen

Well, it's about time. I presume they've been sitting on this for awhile and have decided that this is an opportune moment to release it.

I wonder how long it will be before we see some kind of release for the West?

Risette

A Good Citizen
That's in response to Cagliostro or Cowboy Bebop, I'm assuming the former? What's the sense in mastering in interlaced fields when DVDs are progressive? It sounds like it would be interesting.
The DVDs are progressive though, they were HD masters downscaled for the DVD release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom