• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

The DVDs are progressive though, they were HD masters downscaled for the DVD release
Yeah hence I'm questioning the logic of creating interlaced sources if they want to use them for DVDs wouldn't a progressive source make more sense? Now if they made the remaster for HDTV and then re-used it for the DVDs and BD that would make more sense.

Gundam SEED HD 8-9

Getting into my least favorite stretch of the series, mostly because of Flay being Flay.
At least she becomes almost tolerable after Le Creuset kidnaps her
. At least there's Lacus and Miriallia to try to balance things out.

Gundam Wing 21
tumblr_m86xa5Zvjs1qbxqfpo1_400.gif

First Heero's laugh and now Quatre's, these are too funny to me. Nice episode for his point of view and family stuff. I liked it even if
he was met with such a tragic turn of events, poor father. Though he didnt need to do all of that. Also Zechs, with Heero and Trowa will be interesting. I liked their interaction in the new mobile suits, they still make a great team, though I think I still prefer Heero teamed up with Duo for their antics are a bit more hilarious thanks to Duo's personality, while Trowa is more get down and focus only on business type of mind

Jex

Yes, the film parts might be, and the digital parts might be 30fps. If that's how it was done, encoding it in 1080i is the only way to preserve how it should look.

If I remember correctly Serial Experiments Lain hood footage with a mixture of frame rates, do we know if the BD for that is 1080i?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yeah hence I'm questioning the logic of creating interlaced sources if they want to use them for DVDs wouldn't a progressive source make more sense? Now if they made the remaster for HDTV and then re-used it for the DVDs and BD that would make more sense.
The credit text seems to be interlaced, looking closer.

Ultimadrago

Paranoia Agent 4

Taeko Hirukawa is a man. He is a man that has discovered indulgence in mortal pleasures. Now, he's a family man, which changes the context a turn in terms of face-value morals. He still wants to be a provider, but associates with shady company in order to reach his dream goals as one quicker. Of course,
this backfires when he is demanded by a criminal associate to fork over two million yen.

He turns over to
robbery and burglary to attempt paying.
In between these instances, we are transitioned between a manga that focuses on a man on a journey to the "real world" where we have an overweight cop that is trying to crawl from the hole he dug himself. The contrast is blunt, but sends its message. One man (the fictional one) is focusing on what I would classify a traditionally honorable goal, while the other (the man in reality) is forced by a product of his own selfishness to do what I depict as dishonorable.

There's a well-paced scene with him speaking to a police officer associate that follows with him struggling between his new found demon and a man who just wanted to fulfill his goals. Until,
*CLINK*
, but something interesting happens!
The bat's blow doesn't knock him cold and he actually throws a shoe and "A-Town" stomps Shounen Bat. He's praised the next morning for capturing the kid, but I don't believe his effects from gang connection (and the drug) are done yet.

Overall, a nice episode leaning over ideals and morals inside a patriarchal core. The next episode should be interesting!

jbug617

Banned
Bandai tends to fuck up a lot of things by my experience.
Geneon fucked up very little. Both of them are out of the US market and they took very different creative paths to get there :(

Since i'm new to buying anime and don't know about the past, Bandai tried to do the Japanese business model in the US and release multiple volumes for a show (i.e Hayate no Gotoku!).

Have you read the latest chapters in the manga? I put watching/reading OP on hold, I just dont want to wait a whole week for something new. And the things Ive heard, is that it will take a looong time before the manga is finished. :(

Who cares if it takes a long time? It's the journey, not the destination. You have a friggin Berserk avatar! You should know this.

Campione! 05

Yawn, this was a terrible episode on all fronts.

It was boring harem antics everywhere. We go from playing with underwear, cooking, baseball, cell phone buying and kidnapping. So boring.

At least, the rival seems like a cool addition to the harem if that happens and next week will have more action for once.

Since i'm new to buying anime and don't know about the past, Bandai tried to do the Japanese business model in the US and release multiple volumes for a show (i.e Hayate no Gotoku!).

That was generally the norm for releases for quite a while. Bandai just kept at it while other companies started moving towards "seasons" releases.

He's saying that even the worst of One Piece is better than anything in Sailor Moon also implying that Sailor Moon is some sort of shit tier anime. I can't possibly agree with that AT ALL.

Sailor Moon is better than Davy Back Fight. That's about all I'm willing to compromise on.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't see you picking a side

Coward!

Nichibros >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nichijou > Yuru Yuri (sorry guys)

That's Nabeshin, or Shinichi Watanabe, director of Excel Saga and other stuff.

It's a double parody. That's Fujiko's bike from the first Lupin ED in one of the shots.

Well those designs look fairly bland. Not that I particularly care about Prsim Nana.

I mean, I'm a shameless SHAFT apologist and even I'm incredibly put off by those character designs. I think that says something.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why, he's right. Skypiea is better than even Stars.

Sailor Moon is better than Davy Back Fight. That's about all I'm willing to compromise on.

guys

what if we've been wrong all this time and DTL is the serious one while cosmic is the incredibly skillful parody character

i'm scared now :(

I don't get this whole Fancy Corndog thing. Did he choose the Denpa avatar himself or did a mod assign it to him for saying something stupid? If it's the former then I don't get why he is having issues using that avatar...

He was only behind NervousXtian and davcru in the level of shit he was spewing in the thread. It's absolutely a forced avatar.

Jex

I mean, I'm a shameless SHAFT apologist and even I'm incredibly put off by those character designs. I think that says something.
I actually think there's something pleasant endearing about most of the character designers who work on SHAFT shows, even the wideface ones. The Prsim Nana stuff just doesn't do it for me.

cajunator

Banned
tumblr_lwc4ebkh8i1qaij10o1_500.png

They were far funnier than anything the nichijou cast could do.

I don't agree that one is funnier or not, but I definitely enjoyed what I watched of both nichijou shows.

I've pretty much liked all KyoAni work I've seen, though I would say I like Haruhi S1 just a little bit better than K-On. Lucky Star and Nichijou I liked as well. Hyouka I'm not current with, but the first four eps didn't do a lot for me for some reason. Might pick it up again when I have more time.

Never seen a KyoAni show I didnt like a bit, as you said. However of all their stuff, I think Hyouka might actually be the weakest of it.

Causing more trouble than I ever intended. orz

*hugs rurounizel

cwarrior:
mewmew_zpsf30caca0.jpg

and fancy corndog:
YGfVs.jpg

Good stuff. Those are nice avatars (to us lol)

Bandai just had really really cheap releases, on par with Sentai Filmworks.
However, they used to be pretty good, with all sorts of extra goodies from their close ties with Japan. I never had a problem with separate volume format.

Lurky

Mobile certainly helps. especially at work.

what if Chinatsu cut her hair shorter?
Don't you dare say such a thing!
So you have 100 comments on a page?
Yeah, I find it easier to catch up on the thread after being away for some time when using 100 comments on a page.
I couldn't help but feel like this part of the episode would have been better if they'd been in fantasy outfits and not just their school uniforms.
Hey i'm not complaining :p
Still waiting for
Chinatsu to force kiss Akarin again.

*crosses fingers*
We can only hope.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hito gave it to him.

He was only behind NervousXtian and davcru in the level of shit he was spewing in the thread. It's absolutely a forced avatar.

Amazing. I have to go find his early reaction posts now. There are so many worse avatars he could have been given. If he's freaking out over a girl wrapped in a mattress then he hasn't seen anything yet.

Master troll? Give him a furry avatar.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I actually think there's something pleasant endearing about most of the character designers who work on SHAFT shows, even the wideface ones. The Prsim Nana stuff just doesn't do it for me.

They're fairly soulless and derivative, and simply not aesthetically pleasing in general. It looks like the work of an amateur Pixiv artist, although what with KyoAni banking on that Chuuninbyou blah blah shit which was basically created by a random non-industry person with extraordinarily garish animu artistic sensibilities, maybe the bar is now lower for everyone.

Do I even need to accuse SHAFT of trying to gin up a second Madoka at this point? I imagine it was everyone's first thought when they saw the Prism Nana characters.

mAcOdIn

Do I even need to accuse SHAFT of trying to gin up a second Madoka at this point? I imagine it was everyone's first thought when they saw the Prism Nana characters.
I got a mixed feeling of that AND the Kid Icarus shorts. Man, a real anime with Palutena would kick ass.

Of course, only reason I even thought that was green haired girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom