• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dresden knows.

This any better?

ibdzh19kp9DPYA.jpg

Gundam Wing 19 20

Lady Un needs to get some honorable mention award or something, shes really as good as Zechs for antagonist. Some of her lines are hilarious like
Lady Un: If the gundam pilot is ugly, let him live, we cant have people symphatize with him
Random Underling: If hes ugly?
Lady Un: Just kidding, lolololololo

Unfortunately
Duo Maxwell
isnt ugly.

The plot is really moving places and getting to be so much more than just Gundams as the route to peace.
I like how Trowa enrolled into the Oz and is actually going to be in the new suit, and seemingly ran into Heero and captured him. I think Heero may pilot the other suit as well so watching how this goes down with Lady Un and they get out of it will be interesting. Now if Quatre and Duo can get healed and back in action again (fortunately soon) Id be happy. Memorable scene was when Duo screamed and Trowa cried as Trowa destroyed Duo's suit, that was touching and emotional to see their reactions to it.

Theonik

oh shit

- Amazon JP Exclusive: 42000yen
- LE: 36750yen
- Reg: 26250yen

I guess this means I will finally watch Cowboy Bebop
Can't wait to see the shitty CG in an even higher resolution making it look even more shitty.
So tsun.

Weird. The Bebop set is 1080i, and no there are no English subs or dub. There's a note indicating that some of the materials on the bonus disc are in English, so maybe they have some Anime Expo interview or coverage.
So like the castle of Cagliostro Bluray then. Either some framerate concern or they are using a master made for TV.
I cant see how anything in One Piece is down on Sailor Moons low level, even the worst one piece arc, Skypeia, is still better than sm.
What the actual fuck? I know :DTL and all but... FUCK NO. I'm not ignoring that.

So I finished Suzumiya Haruhi, it was weird, animation was good, story seemed interesting, but I feel like the series is not concluded. I watched it in the order from 2 and ended with ep9, that would be the broadcast order I think.

So, does season 2 conclude the series? I watched episode 15 to 17 and they're the same like episodes 13 and 14, is it the whole season a retelling with different animation?

Season 2 has episodes that happen in between some episodes of season 1 chronologically. Really though you don't want to watch all of season 2. The ones you want to watch are Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, the first last last episode of Endless Eight, and the sighs arc.

Season 2 has episodes that happen in between some episodes of season 1 chronologically. Really though you don't want to watch all of season 2. The ones you want to watch are Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, the first last last episode of Endless Eight, and the sighs arc.

I watched in complete random order I'm afraid. :(

Maybe we'll be lucky and this'll be like the Star Trek TNG remaster with them recompositing all the CG and special effects at a higher resolution....

Its nice to dream :(

Would be cool if they could get everything to mesh well together. While not exactly the same thing, one of the problems I have with the Zeta Gundam movies is that the new footage is so clean looking that any transition between that and the old footage or vice versa looks jarring.

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 4

Oh man, I love this episode. Not quite as much as I did before, but only because I have more experience with stuff like it.

It all starts with a great character design. And it's someone we've seen in passing before.

jx0IHo4VrWBHf.png

How could you not like this man? He's so harmless, like a teddy bear.

Hirukawa's a cop with a family, a small job, and the mild dream of owning a nice house. He just wants to live a good life and provide for his family. Is that so wrong? Isn't that what a man's life should be?

ibec0ThRpko4Gi.png

Maybe this imagery was a little blunt, but this manga's contrast with the events of the episode was a really biting indictment. I liked it a lot.

Unfortunately, Hirukawa learns the hard way
that making friends in organized crime has its price. He can't turn his back on his dream, and he doesn't have the guts to jeopardize his career and do the right thing. So, as we watch cops talk about the rash of purse-snatching in the other district, as we see his house bought with dirty money slowly being built, as we read a manga of the strong, brave, nameless avenger defeating the bad guys, we see Hirukawa go further and further down an evil path. And thanks to his "heroism", all his selfishness goes unpunished.

He's not a bad person. But he's cowardly, and he's spent all his life taking the path of least resistance. This episode shows how that cowardice can be manipulated by the worst parts of society, and how it's encouraged, ignored, and rewarded by the people who should be the most vigilant against it.

iQ6CdaJxnVaz3.png

I think the image of the Japanese flag here is supposed to relate to the "yamato damashii" ideal that, in conjunction with the "Way of the Man" manga, represents the strong, brave male ideal which Hirukawa cannot live up to.

Crime, like war, has changed. But crime, like war, never changes.

Next episode should be interesting.

Theonik

It's the HD master made for the DVDs a few years back.
That's in response to Cagliostro or Cowboy Bebop, I'm assuming the former? What's the sense in mastering in interlaced fields when DVDs are progressive? It sounds like it would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom