• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like, the more I think about this, the more it's like . . . how?

I mean, they're going to have to somehow fit in all the extreme gore and violence... but then there's the underage gay sex, drugs, kidnapping, disemboweling, or
that part where the little girl gets raped with a steel pipe.

Yeah, I really don't know. The only other anime that covered subject matter like that got banned and was done by 1 guy since no one would fund it. This is a friggin TV series! Not even an OVA, but a TV series!

They're probably going to take MAJOR liberties with it. Like Yume Tsukai level of liberties.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's pretty bad.

/still watching

That about sums it up. It still has the potential to be show of the season if
Akechi murders Oda at the end

I think I'm through with genderflipped sengoku forever after Nobuna ends.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Arcana Famiglia 06

kFYpn.gif

She should be watching Kokoro Connect. She kicked him too high.

Dresden

Yeah, I really don't know. The only other anime that covered subject matter like that got banned and was done by 1 guy since no one would fund it. This is a friggin TV series! Not even an OVA, but a TV series!

They're probably going to take MAJOR liberties with it. Like Yume Tsukai level of liberties.
Should've done Picasso or Marie. :/

What'll probably happen is like

Akechi Mitsuhide is like ODAAAAAAAAAA

but then the MC jumps in

and Akechi is like NOOOOOOOOO after she stabs him because she's part of MC's harem by then.

Basically I expect nothing good to occur.

Is there even any more genderflipped sengoku left?

Oh, I guess should watch Sengoku Otome someday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just realised that both this and SAOsuicide.gif are both set during a sunset. Is that the optimal time to bail out?

Orange you glad I didn't PK you?
I think it's against the law of nature to link to the same gif twice in one post.

Like, the more I think about this, the more it's like . . . how?

I mean, they're going to have to somehow fit in all the extreme gore and violence... but then there's the underage gay sex, drugs, kidnapping, disemboweling, or
that part where the little girl gets raped with a steel pipe.
So this is the show IRC was made for. Pleasing the Google overlords.

Gundam Age 43
tumblr_m8a78m6HkX1qd37umo4_500.jpg

Wow Thievia has to be the best federation mobile suit in the whole anime, C-funnels, the bits, and the ones that the Fawnfarsia uses, stunning combo. Pretty good episode too.
Didnt like how Zehearto stopped Asemu's attack and Kio stopping Flits. Was that an act of kindness for both from Zeheart. I cant really see him staying on this path of bad

Dresden

Ongoing, but I haven't seen spoilers past vol2 and they're all probably bullshit anyways. Infinite Stratos ruined light novel spoilers forever.

I'm saving the high scores when she has her own moment to shine. That was only a brief scene. :(

I should stop reading light novels ..i'm too far in many series ( accel world, sword art, oda nobuna, high school dxd , campione , haruhi suzumiya ) and i can't tell you what i feel about some characters because you haven't seen their good points first hand ...

Anyway i'm telling you she is 95,97 points material easily ..

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's what you think.

And I actually haven't noticed any of your impressions on the show.
I was waiting to read those to decide whether it was even worth watching.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39649538&postcount=6322

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39953795&postcount=12665

Admittedly not my best work, but this show just doesn't inspire me like Sengoku Collection.

What'll probably happen is like

Akechi Mitsuhide is like ODAAAAAAAAAA

but then the MC jumps in

and Akechi is like NOOOOOOOOO after she stabs him because she's part of MC's harem by then.

Basically I expect nothing good to occur.

Man, I just want protag-kun to realize that he has to let Nobuna die in order for history to remain unaltered. Amazing troll downer end for people who don't know their Sengoku history. Is that too much to ask?

Is there even any more genderflipped sengoku left?

Oh, I guess should watch Sengoku Otome someday.

Sengoku Otome, Hakka Ryouran, I guess I'll include Koihime Musou as an honorary series in the genre because Japan loves their Sangokushi as much as their Sengoku.

Isn't Nobuna based on an on-going LN series?

An LN series titled history, of course.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Boku wa H ga Dekinai - 04

This episode was ridiculous. I can't believe he said "Take all of it" as he
slammed his crotch against Lisara's face.
Smh.

The bad:

Ilia's boobs were just an illusion spell.

The good:

She's a country girl. :D Adorable!

I should stop reading light novels ..i'm too far in many series ( accel world, sword art, oda nobuna, high school dxd , campione , haruhi suzumiya ) and i can't tell you what i feel about some characters because you haven't seen their good points first hand ...

Anyway i'm telling you she is 95,97 points material easily ..

Oh I'm sure she is. I just don't want to give her an amazing score from the get go. She's my favorite so far.

Jinrui 06

Ub2Ay.gif

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, TIDAAAAL WAAAAAAAVE!

I never want to hear Tidal Wave from anyone other than Nobuyuki Hiyama.

Fun episode, the fight was awesome. Extremely wacky but still fun to watch.

Boo to the haircut.

Lurky

Boku wa H ga Dekinai - 04

This episode was ridiculous. I can't believe he said "Take all of it" as he
slammed his crotch against Lisara's face.
Smh.

The bad:

Ilia's boobs were just an illusion spell.

The good:

She's a country girl. :D Adorable!

Oh come on! That's not even that bad.
But finding out she was a country girl was pretty cute.

Well I don't think this is a particularly hard choice. Casshern Sins is a beautiful looking show with a great atmosphere but ultimately it isn't much more than that. Once you've seen three episodes the other twenty-one are nearly redundant.

As long as those three episodes at least include episode 9, because Kenji Matsumoto's artwork there is unmissable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm pretty sure that has to be the ending at the very least Nobuna be put on a bus somewhere.

Even better would be protag-kun saving Nobuna's life only to be returned to a present day that's been totally fucked up by Oda's militarism. Just imagine: China is occupying Japan and is in the process of a systematic genocidal purge of the inhabitants after ultimate victory in several hundred years of struggle between the two nations that began with Oda invading the Korean Peninsula in the 1580s. Protag-kun is executed on sight. The end.

Firemind

SOA #5

Ahahaha. Either the writer is a fan of Diablo 2 Hardcore or the guy who designed the game is a huge troll. Or from Blizzard. Or both.

It wasn't a bad episode, but it demonstrates once again how everyone but husbando and waifu is incredibly vapid, and even they're not terribly evocative. It's like the LN writer has never read a proper book before, which might explain why he or she is a LN writer.

At least I have to give Haruka credit for yet again voicing a tsundere. Move over, Kugiyama, the next queen has arrived.

Best moment of the episode.

Dresden

There's nothing perverted about appreciating fine art!

Finest of arts.

Vol4 spoilers below.
While shouting, he grabbed the red ribbon at the collar of
Asuna's
dress with his right hand. As he pulled, the cloth stretched and tore. The thin blood-red ribbon fluttered through the air without a sound and landed on the ground before my eyes.

From the torn dress the pure white skin of her chest was greatly exposed.
Asuna's
face was distorted in humiliation and her eyes shut so tightly she shook.

Sugou
bent back, laughing with a smirk while stretching his right hand out to
Asuna's
bare skin. His lips opened in the shape of a crescent moon and he stuck out his vivid red tongue. While making a sound of dripping mucus, he licked from below
Asuna's
cheek up.
"Ku, ku, shall I tell you what I am thinking about?"

Sugou
said in a voice tinged with a fevered madness while his tongue was still sticking out near
Asuna's
ear.

"Once I fully enjoy this place I'll go to your hospital room. If I lock the door and turn off the camera, that room becomes a secret room. You and I, just the two of us. I'll set up a large monitor and run today's recording and enjoy myself with the other you! I'll take my time and go carefully. After all, it is your real body. After taking the purity of your heart here, I'll take the purity of your body there!! So fun, a truly unique experience!!"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, I just want protag-kun to realize that he has to let Nobuna die in order for history to remain unaltered. Amazing troll downer end for people who don't know their Sengoku history. Is that too much to ask?
That train left the station. It's about changing the future now!

Holy crap! I don't think i'll be watching then.
You should. Best Sengoku show, etc, etc.

Can't wait!
Longer than One Piece!

Finest of arts.

Vol4 spoilers below.
Post some of the
yuri
novel stuff. lol

Ongoing, but I haven't seen spoilers past vol2 and they're all probably bullshit anyways. Infinite Stratos ruined light novel spoilers forever.
Speaking of which, it looks like that dude found someone else to pick up the LN, so maybe IS isn't dead after all. lol

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The one time Femme could be in here yellin at you guys she's no where to be found.

Regardless, I'm a hypocrit for poking fun at you guys for that picture.

Lurky

Well some of the girls in oda are definitely cute but after not being able to finish sengoku collection, i'm just not so sure anymore.

wonzo

Banned
I promise to reduce harem shit, invest in quality action sakuga, and expose more people to Happy Science. Vote duckroll for FOUR MORE GREAT YEARS!
what are your views on the moe standard?

If only Fap Note would be adapted into a noitaminA show!
it's only matter of time!

Hey AnimeGAF, help me on deciding whether to pick up Ghost in the Shell: SAC Complete Series or Casshern Sins Complete Series.

Looking forward to the input!
Casshern Sins

Dresden

Speaking of which, it looks like that dude found someone else to pick up the LN, so maybe IS isn't dead after all. lol

I heard about that a few weeks ago, but it didn't sound like anything concrete. Still probably dead (except for figure sales I suppose).

Thank God, ofc.

Ahem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom