• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Joshiraku #5

joshirakuep51.jpg

I like how JC Staff takes the trouble to draw them in different outfits every episode. Take that, KyoAni!

joshirakumariibreaks.gif

This is what Marii thinks of magical girls. A girl after my own heart.

I just checked. Marii has by far the most hits on pixiv. Further proof that Marii is best girl.

Finally found the courage to finish Haruhi suzumiya, ep 27 was good lol, reminding me of Legend of galactic heroes. Just got to watch the movie and move on the a new anime.

cajunator

Banned
7mHTW.jpg

The way Goemon speaks is heart attack inducing. Cajunator will need a medical team on standby whenever he gets to watching this.

You rang?

Fate/Zero 12-13

Really love the way Gilgamesh has been handled in Zero...some really great dialogue between him and Kirei in ep 12. This has been one extremely well written and paced series thus far.

As far as ep 13...Holy shit @ Caster. Ready to see the
Saber, Lancer and Rider alliance kick some ass. Hoping this won't mean the end of the road for Rider soon

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works

Wasn't sure what to think of this going in, and ended up liking it. The pacing seems rather quick and it seems like there is quite a bit that is glossed over, but then again this movie does assume one has seen the TV series, so that's fine. Liked the presentation of Shirou here a lot more than I remember from the series. I felt that the storyline particularly with him
and Archer was quite well handled. Definitely crazy for Archer to set all of that up to try to kill his younger self

Very cool action scenes throughout
especially between Shirou and Archer
, however
I can't believe Illya had to have her still-beating heart ripped out by Gilgamesh...whyyyyyyyyy?! *cries*

Beyond finishing up Fate/Zero I was thinking of picking up Fate/Extra on PSP again. Got it from Gamefly and only played a couple of hours before sending it back, mostly because I got busy with other stuff. I wasn't crazy about the battle system, but is the story worth putting up with it for?

Fuck the movie. FUCK IT. You said exactly why.

Boku wa H ga Dekinai - 03

Why are you going to design a character like that and
not give her a whip as her weapon? What the hell!

Truly a wasted opportunity. Even Eclair in Kiddy Grade got a whip!

SO that's what all the mollusk jokes were about.

I still think Oath Sign was better. I'm just glad to hear LiSA's voice again though.

Oath Sign was a million times better.

Joshiraku #5

I like how JC Staff takes the trouble to draw them in different outfits every episode. Take that, KyoAni!

joshirakumariibreaks.gif

I just checked. Marii has by far the most hits on pixiv. Further proof that Marii is best girl.

Yeah, Marii is definitely the best. I wasn't sure a few eps ago, but she has a commanding lead. I don't agree on her stance about magical girls, but nobodys perfect.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I STILL don't get what the fuck a mollusk is in that situation. Someone freaking explain it to me! AND NO I'M NOT TROLLING!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Joshiraku #5

joshirakumariibreaks.gif

There's something about the design characters in this show that I love. The colors are great.

Amazing way to start the new page by the way.

thetechkid

Guilty Crown 10

Shu going cray cray, EMOTIONAL DRAMA, a coup, a trap, scientist doing stuff for humanity, and an annoying song.

People aren't saying that ironically. Fap Note has a very Noitamia feel by the end.

Well your definition of bad is really really fucked up. My definition is boring, something neither of those are. Hikari Club is also less exaggerated than Apocalypse Zero, which is why I find it more disturbing.
cYfWf.jpg

Apocalypse Zero is actually (intentionally) funny as hell; the manga is by the Shigurui guy (though in his usual, less serious-looking style). Plus Hideki Kamiya is a fan of it and recommended it on his Twitter, so there's that too.

If not for its reputation as the 'worst anime/manga ever' from an age where anime fandom had vastly different tastes, it would have likely become known as 'good campy fun' among those who can stomach all the hyper-violence. I mean, it's not like being gross to most of the human race is enough for an anime/manga to be considered some kind of all-time worst; Kodomo no Jikan has a considerable fanbase that defends it to the death, because it doesn't have a reputation as the 'worst ever'. There was already a very well-established fanbase for such material in the west when it came out. Back in the days of 'old school western anime fandom', nobody gave a damn about Fist of the North Star either and the few fans were considered weird.

Also, Takayuki Yamaguchi's notes from one of the volumes, proving that the man is brilliant:
Drawing the fight scenes between Kakugo and Rai was the hardest part. His full-metal body made my life hell. Two assistants died, and one was critically injured during the drawing. The papers were stained red from the blood I kept spitting as I wished for Rai's death from the bottom of my heart.

Theonik

Like an oyster or a clam.
Curved shell, like a curved body.
Its a really stupid comparison anyway.
If Nasu's mollusc analogies gave us anything it's the enlightening interpretations of them. You can learn a lot about someone by how he interprets them!

cYfWf.jpg

Apocalypse Zero is actually (intentionally) funny as hell; the manga is by the Shigurui guy (though in his usual, less serious-looking style). Plus Hideki Kamiya is a fan of it and recommended it on his Twitter, so there's that too.

If not for its reputation as the 'worst anime/manga ever' from an age where anime fandom had vastly different tastes, it would have likely become known as 'good campy fun' among those who can stomach all the hyper-violence. I mean, it's not like being gross to most of the human race is enough for an anime/manga to be considered some kind of all-time worst; Kodomo no Jikan has a considerable fanbase that defends it to the death, because it doesn't have a reputation as the 'worst ever'. There was already a very well-established fanbase for such material in the west when it came out. Back in the days of 'old school western anime fandom', nobody gave a damn about Fist of the North Star either and the few fans were considered weird.

Also, Takayuki Yamaguchi's notes from one of the volumes, proving that the man is brilliant:

Well that's some incentive to read the manga. Thanks.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
cYfWf.jpg

before I get into a discussion that makes me sound like uncultured swine in regard to important figures in anime history, is this busterbeam's GAF account?

Mawaru-Penguimdrum 16:

Laser-sighted slingshot girl's episode. There's a pretty distinct subtext of clan feuding and corporate warfare woven throughout the narrative, which makes Kanba and Shouma's actions more complex underneath than the surface appearance of trying to save Himari at any cost. Natsume Group and PingCorp seem to be competitors which would have made Kanba and Mitsuru Masako natural enemies except for their Romeo and Juliet shit. You know, if Juliet was a stalker it would have made R&J a lot more interesting.

The new OP is moderately interesting I guess. The past 4 episodes have had a different song as the ED, which is in itself notable. The songs themselves are, well, okay.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sky Raker is Kuroyukihime's competition. Even then she doesn't meet up the awesomeness that is Black Snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom