• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be the part where we get to the backlash against KyoAni. It's like watching people backlashing against Titanic and Avatar. So cute.

Mawaru-Penguindrum 19:

I see we are now approaching the next turning point. Shit getting real probability is easily exceeding 100% at this point. Masako knows quite a bit more than she lets on. She wasn't bullshitting when she was telling Kanba that she knows him better than anyone, but the other things she knows about Shouma and Himari are pretty impressive too. Pink-hair seems to be getting all the entertainment he can handle at this point.

I really love the art at the end of every episode after the post-credits short.

Risette

A Good Citizen
This must be the part where we get to the backlash against KyoAni. It's like watching people backlashing against Titanic and Avatar. So cute.
Both only get hate because they're successful :(

Seeing the internet retroactively hate on Cameron's masterpieces like Aliens and T2 because they joined the Avatar hate bandwagon is more amusing than KyoAni detractors can manage though.

Firemind

Remember when the pinnacle of Japanese animation were Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, FLCL and so forth? Those were the good days.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Seeing the internet retroactively hate on Cameron's masterpieces like Aliens and T2 because they joined the Avatar hate bandwagon is more amusing than KyoAni detractors can manage though.
Alien > Aliens though. I mean, that's just how it goes.

Gintama 228-241
Holy shit, these are pure comedy gold. I haven't laughed at an anime for a very long time. Special mention to the Love Plus/Minus arc (BWAHAHAHA the amount of gifs you can make of that episode is huge) and episodes 239-240.

Jarmel

Banned
Endless Eight is still probably the most exciting and interesting thing I've seen in my short career as a contemporary anime watcher though.

The writing is extremely strong. As a character piece, I'm actually invested or at least interested in what happens to the main character. I can only say that for a handful of anime this year.

Well it was interesting I'll give it that. Not many studios would be stupid enough to just repeat the same episode 8 times.

It's a horrible character piece. We haven't really delved into the mindsets of any of the other characters for the most part. The closest we got was Oreki in episode 11. That's eleven episodes in. Even then there was absolutely no follow-through. It's relatively shallow for the most part. We might get something from Satoshi at the end of the arc. Hopefully.

but that's really all it has going for it

They did an amazing job creating a version of Indiana Jones that is better than the original. Even without the visuals, people would still love the games because of the characters. That's not even going into the transversal methods in the games.

Remember when the pinnacle of Japanese animation were Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, FLCL and so forth? Those were the good days.

Well atleast we got Fate/Zero.

Where have people done this? I've never seen anyone badmouth Cameron's other fantastic works just because Avatar is a steaming turd.

thetechkid

Gintama 228-241
Holy shit, these are pure comedy gold. I haven't laughed at an anime for a very long time. Special mention to the Love Plus/Minus arc (BWAHAHAHA the amount of gifs you can make of that episode is huge) and episodes 239-240.

One of the most fun arcs to watch, but then again its Gintama so its always a fun watch.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They did an amazing job creating a version of Indiana Jones that is better than the original. Even without the visuals, people would still love the games because of the characters. That's not even going into the transversal methods in the games.

Oh dear.

Cwarrior

It didn't have much in any 1 particular scene, but it could still use some trimming here and there. Cutting it down to a 2 hour TV special is definitely beneficial (unless they fuck it up like they did the Alabasta movie).

Arlong park would work perfect for a 2hour special, alabasta movie I don't even know how someone thought it was even feasible to cram 30eps of development into 1hr 30min even at 3hrs it would've of been pretty impossible to keep all the important parts in but It should of been that length at least.

If they did marine ford it would work at 2h 30 minimum.

Narag

Nichijou 16

Fuck them esoteric coffee sizes. Counterfeit bill skit was something else.. Holy shit :lol
Brief mohawk skit and Yuuko visiting Nano were good too. Probably one of the better episodes.

nWvyel.png

uHjkml.png

I'm surprised these haven't gotten mileage in here. Maybe they have but before my time.

wonzo

Banned
They did an amazing job creating a version of Indiana Jones that is better than the original.
Yes I would argue Nathan Drake is better than Indiana Jones. It's an easy argument too.
brucedismay.gif

what the hell is this shit
Even without the visuals, people would still love the games because of the characters. That's not even going into the transversal methods in the games.
it's a real shame about the one thing that actually matters, the game part

Being Haru is so hard.

http://i.imgur.com/qmGGh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/16hik.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QzLXA.png

Also Ash Roller already showed up on the show in the real world

http://i.imgur.com/UqKno.jpg
this is the hack amongst hacks at work. my god

Soma

Nichijou 16

Fuck them esoteric coffee sizes. Counterfeit bill skit was something else.. Holy shit :lol
Brief mohawk skit and Yuuko visiting Nano were good too. Probably one of the better episodes.

My god that scene was so good.

I think I've seen a gif of that around here a few times.

Are people actually surprised about this? The author had his main heroine attacked by tentacles for pretty much no reason (not like there is ever a good reason outside of ero I guess).

I shouldn't be surprised since I've seen this exact twist (as in virtual world identity stuff) at least a few times, but I am.

this is the hack amongst hacks at work. my god

Why?

Wait, are you calling the writer a hack or the plot point a hack?

Jarmel

Banned
Then why don't you make it if it's so easy?

Sure, Nathan is far and large a more fleshed out character. Uncharted 3 did a fantastic job fleshing out his backdrop and actually showing how he wasn't born into great things but actually earned it(even if he had to lie to get there). Naughty Dog's crowning moment in U3 was making Nathan Drake an everyman. Then we have the fact that he has great characters to play off with such as Elena and Chloe which give him a pretty strong emotional core. The only equivalent Indiana had was Marion Ravenwood in Raiders. Drake can bounce jokes and actually cares about them, which is made obvious throughout the series. Drake also has more personality flaws compared to Indy such as his recklessness which was highlighted in UC2 and UC3. While Indy has this flaw as well, it's highlighted more in Drake and continually comes back to bite him in the ass. Drake is a much more rounded character as a whole.

You must have a low standard for what is considered a masterpiece, unless you are speaking relatively.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There are more Indiana Jones video games than Uncharted video games. At least some of those had to be good. Indy wins, yo

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You must have a low standard for what is considered a masterpiece.
Aliens and T2 are incredible films that are highly respected by both critics and audiences. You would be better served picking easier targets.

Jarmel

Banned
There are more Indiana Jones video games than Uncharted video games. At least some of those had to be good. Indy wins, yo

Not really, there are only a couple most people would say are good. You have to remember that LucasArts doesn't give a shit about any of their franchises.

Meh, I've never seen Indiana Jones so I can't join in on this argument.

Yea, that's something you need to rectify tonight. Stop watching all these shit animes and enjoy a good classic American movie.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Pizzaroll I don't like your new avatar at all.

Thread why can't I quit you?
Someone has to be the one to let us all know we have shit taste.

Joshiraku 01
Enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. It's essentially about nothing. Hell even Hyouka seems to have more going on than this show and I don't like Hyouka. The big difference though I think is the character's and their voice actresses make the whole thing so enjoyable. Love the characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom