• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Humanit Has Declined 6
jinrui6.jpg

So that's how
her hair got cut/upgraded!

Articalys

Hyouka 16

This show is absolutely brilliant. So much life and personality in every single character, every single scene.

Tomoe Oreki, MASTER CHESSMASTER (probably)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hyouka 16

This show is absolutely brilliant. So much life and personality in every single character, every single scene..

Tomoe Oreki, MASTER CHESSMASTER (probably)

Is it really that good? I checked the first episode and thought it was incredibly boring.

Articalys

Is it really that good? I checked the first episode and thought it was incredibly boring.
I've personally found it excellent throughout. I'm aware that many people here don't find the show's style appealing, and that's fine too.

edit: okay, maybe I'm exaggerating it a little bit. But I really do love the show.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Trust me if you found the first episode boring just stop watching. It is what it is and it doesn't change in its delivery throughout the rest of the series. I've found it a complete bore to watch, its actually insulting how much effort they put into a show that is quite intentional at being excessively dull. The only time I can say I enjoyed the show at all was the arc around ep 4/5.

Articalys

Probably the funniest scene from Hyouka episode 16, in links so as to not spoil it: Houtarou, you shy boy.

Also,
everyone who predicted Mai cosplay for Ayako was spot-on. She's an SNK fangirl to the core, I suppose

Mawaru-Penguindrum 17:

It's actually not subtle the way the Mawaru-Penguindrum logo has been inching it's way up the subway line diagram during the eyecatch. Last episode, the logo hit a bend in the diagram, and this episode is the one where the turning point is passed. Suddenly, the entire point of everything is revealed. Also, LOL at Esmerelda holding the basket full of rose petals and throwing them all over the screen when Masako was holding the Gatling gun. That was a nice little bit of knowing humor there. From here on out, I guess it's Utena 2.0.

For roughly 10 or so episodes, there wasn't any ROCK OVER JAPAN at all, but it made it's return last episode. This is the first time it happened to Kanba and Shouma though in a long time, something they even mentioned to Himari-Hat. I was actually kind of happy to see it again TBH. I never thought I would live to see the day when I would say I was happy to see a sequence of stock animation again.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 16:

I'm really liking this character development in Fukube. He was always very carefree before, but he's moving with a sense of purpose now, which I like. Chitanda arrives to see
Oreki's sister
in the hallway.

Nooooooooooooooooo not Gitaaaaaaaaaaaah! :p

No one can resist Chitanda's curiosity. Not even Mayaka.

Oreki, I never thought he could make the light completely disappear from Chitanda's eyes, but man oh man he pulled it off brilliantly! XD

So I guess next week will be the conclusion. Can't wait! XD

Soma

Hyouka Episode 16

i8QU29ffztTxC.jpg
iJRXMPN3QfGQA.jpg

argh why isn't it next week already

Another great episode that focused more on the four main characters this time. I absolutely love the interactions and body language from each character. It all feels so lively. This show doesn't usually rely on humor but man this episode had me laughing a lot. The mystery culprit is still at large with Oreki starting to get somewhere with the whole development. Satoshi's sudden outburst was interesting to watch and I wonder if this will all play a part in the next arc. That ending with Chitanda was hilariously adorable too.

Also, poor Mayaka. ;_;

Star Driver 19

The day with the trio was actually fun, one of my favorite episode when Wako, Takuto, and Sugata are all together. I cant help but feel it means something may separate them or cause them to go separate ways in a few more episodes. Hopefully Im wrong.

For the fight
The Tauburn Jet was pretty epic especially combined with the Tau Missile, these fights never get old

Taruranto

They could learn from JC Staff. Or PA Works. Not stuck in some middle ground between comedy and slice of life; neither funny nor has coming of age as a defining characteristic.

I'll give you PA Works (but mostly because i ignore their works), but JC Staff is just awful.

Edit: I forgot PA Works made Angel beats!. Automatically disqualified.

thetechkid

Guilty Crown 11

Return of the good music, THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, pretty sure there was some kinda rape reference near the end, and a new enemy approaches!

Mawaru-Penguindum 18:

And suddenly a climax. I figured something important would happen last episode when they got in the symbolic elevator and began ascending with a bunch of suspense so thick you could cut it with a sculptor's chisel. One overarching story seems have have resolved, but with 5 episodes still to go I think there's still plenty of shit left which can get real. I wasn't going to marathon my way through the show but seriously, I have to crush it soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a desperate attempt to make the Sengoku daimyo appear less lame in comparison to their Three Kingdoms counterparts.

Zhuge Liang > Takenaka Hanbei
Lu Bu > Honda Tadakatsu
Cao Cao > Oda Nobunaga
Zhao Yun > Sanada Yukimura

etc etc.
China > Japan.

Who knows, but with the Musou crossovers, all the talking about it in the episode itself, I guess if you want an image of a strategist, you turn to Zhuge Liang.
That's true.

You know, funny enough, my pseudo-mythological-historical figures are all WW2 Generals. And that's only 70 years removed. Who knows what Yamamoto and Patton and all those guys will be like in a thousand years. lol

Firemind

Milky Holmes has been one of the most consistently funny shows this year and while I haven't been enamored with PA Works since years, they seem to do drama pretty well. I guess I could have replaced PA Works with A-1, but A-1 is multi-talented.

But I'm sure you're going to respond with witty retort again. That's what makes you so endearing.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Milky Holmes has been one of the most consistently funny shows this year and while I haven't been enamored with PA Works since years, they seem to do drama pretty well. I guess I could have replaced PA Works with A-1, but A-1 is multi-talented.

But I'm sure you're going to respond with witty retort again. That's what makes you so endearing.
A-1 has no internal talent, they are a mercenary studio.

KyoAni is so far above these studios you're naming it isn't even a competition.

Taruranto

I think Kyoanus should stop adapting boring, slice of ass novels and mango and use their fucking budget for something that actually matters.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I'm saying KyoAni could improve their sense of humour. Shock. Disbelief. Grab the pitchforks.
Why do they need to improve their sense of humour when they are not making comedy shows at the moment?

If you were talking about Nichijou, that would make sense. But you're expecting comedy from a slice of life or other non-comedy genre show? That's just not right.

Uchip

Banned
Why do they need to improve their sense of humour when they are not making comedy shows at the moment?

If you were talking about Nichijou, that would make sense. But you're expecting comedy from a slice of life or other non-comedy genre show? That's just not right.

just because the genre isnt comedy doesn't mean it cant be funny

Firemind

JC Staff adapted Milky Holmes, which was originally a radio drama and had a male protagonist with the usual harem antics, and turned it into a pure comedy show.

There are liberties to be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom