• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

So what summer op's do you people enjoy?

Tari Tari's Opening is probably my favourite. Very vibrant, lots of energy and the scenes and cuts go well with the music.

The strange running only adds to the quirkiness! (and Wakana's little jump at 1:14 is hilarious)
Of the new summer shows I'm watching, it's got to be Make My Day! by a mile. Crossing Field is also good.

Including new OPs for ongoing shows, then BravBlue (Eureka Seven AO) and Mikansei Stride (Hyouka) are up there as well.

Tari Tari's Opening is probably my favourite. Very vibrant, lots of energy and the scenes and cuts go well with the music.

The strange running only adds to the quirkiness!

The season has not many great openings imo. Though the Binbougami Ga!, Joshiraku and Jinrui openings are kind of catchy and the full version of the Rinne no Lagrange opening is great.

Taruranto

Well I was just interested in getting more involved or atleast knowledgeable in the Nasuverse. I recently went to a con and while talking to some people there, highlighted my lack of knowledge of some of the more intimate details of the verse. So I was going to try and get into Tsukihime as a start.

80% of the Nasuverse is made from Nasu's notes. No joke.

You'll see character in Tsukihime talking about vampires and suddenly you find yourself on a Type Moon forum reading discussion about power-levels and planets.

If you are looking for a good anime-Nasuverse product you may want to check Kara no Kyoukai.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2593/Kara_no_Kyoukai_1:_Fukan_Fuukei/

But keep in mind it's the least discussed Nasuverse product and the one that contain less informations about it. (Mostly stuff on the MYoDP iirc)

Tsukihime is anyway a good entry if you want at least the basic knowledge about the True Ancestors and the likes, but always keep in mind it can be a little hard to get into (The novel! The manga is very good though. Even Nasu himself recognized that. ). FSN gives you a lot of insight about Counter Guardians, Servants and how magic works, but i hate FSN.

I hate Nasuverse.

Taruranto

Tsukihime 1

I have no idea what happened in this episode.

qw583.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
80% of the Nasuverse is made from Nasu's notes. No joke.

You'll see character in Tsukihime talking about vampires and suddenly you find yourself on a Type Moon forum reading discussion about power-levels and planets.

If you are looking for a good anime-Nasuverse product you may want to check Kara no Kyoukai.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2593/Kara_no_Kyoukai_1:_Fukan_Fuukei/

But keep in mind it's the least discussed Nasuverse product and the one that contain less informations. (Mostly stuff on the MYoDP iirc)

Tsukihime is anyway a good entry if you want at least the basic knowledge about the True Ancestors and the likes, but always keep in mind it can be a little hard to get into (The novel! The manga is very good though. Even Nasu himself recognized that. ). FSN gives you a lot of insight about Counter Guardians, Servants and how magic works, but i hate FSN.

I hate Nasuverse.

lol

Yea I've seen KnK and gone through the VN for FSN. The people at the con were talking about geasses or some other nonsense and whether Souren's ability could override that. So I figured there's probably a good amount of info that I'm lacking in Tsukihime.

Taruranto

lol

Yea I've seen KnK and gone through the VN for FSN. The people at the con were talking about geasses or some other nonsense and whether Souren's ability could override that. So I figured there's probably a good amount of info that I'm lacking in Tsukihime.

Oh.

Then yeah check Tsukime manga. (or novel if you have time) Though you pretty much got a grasp of Shiki's ability from KnK.

sleepykyo

No.

Not interested. Stopped watching Bleach after Soul Society and I only remember 3 good things.

-The amazing conclusion to Soifon v. Yoruichi.
-Kenpachi is awesome for being the embodiment of KISS.
-The writing and cinematography around Gin is pretty entertaining.

4, if you count the usual stuff about variety and attractiveness of the Bleach females.

cajunator

Banned

The strange running only adds to the quirkiness! (and Wakana's little jump at 1:14 is hilarious)

edit: not wakana, but konatsu.

My favorite OP so far is the one for Binbougami Ga.

If you're going to watch this, then I might tag along for the experience.

Its not THAT awful. But then again I did marathon and fully enjoy Fate Stay night so I obviously cannot be trusted in these matters.

TxdoHawk

School Days - 8

BANANA?! Also Kiyoura went from emotionless, strong barrier to
ZOMG I NEED SOME OF DAT MAKOTO BEFORE I LEAVE FOR FRANCE
at the speed of light, geeze.

Narag

Tsukihime 2

I know even less about what is going on after this episode. There's like no successful building of tension in this either.

1KrPnl.png

Hey, a good looking character but only from this angle.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tsukihime 2

I know even less about what is going on after this episode. There's like no successful building of tension in this either.
As I recall, they pretty much stood around a street corner at night talking about shit the entire series.

trejo

School Days - 8

BANANA?! Also Kiyoura went from emotionless, strong barrier to
ZOMG I NEED SOME OF DAT MAKOTO BEFORE I LEAVE FOR FRANCE
at the speed of light, geeze.

One would think that at some point seeing someone exposed to School Days would stop being hilarious but one would be completely wrong. This never gets old.

Also, Cajunator, I believe this guy is not entirely aware of the show's, er... proceedings and your post seems somewhat spoilery to me. Could you perhaps edit it a bit?

cajunator

Banned
One would think that at some point seeing someone exposed to School Days would stop being hilarious but one would be completely wrong. This never gets old.

Also, Cajunator, I believe this guy is not entirely aware of the show's, er... proceedings and your post seems somewhat spoilery to me. Could you perhaps edit it a bit?

Eh? Fine I changed it but I have no idea what you mean by that because its kind of obvious up to that point how Makoto is.

Narag

Tsukihime 3

Finally, some answers. I've a feeling all I'm going to get from this show is a slightly better appreciation of Fate/Zero's Kerrytugu episodes due to the
Executor & Dead Apostle
stuff.
The kiss Arc gave Shiki looked so awkward.
lol

I was going to make some argument some argument that there's no such thing as being restricted by the genre of the work but then I dropped it because it made me sound a bit of ass.

What I will say is, I imagine there's some definable reason that you could pin down about why you aren't feeling it and that probably has little to do with the genre of the work.

I don't agree with this at all. Some people can't get into certain genres no matter how good they are.

So what summer op's do you people enjoy?.

Accel World's Burst the Gravity by Ultima is my favorite one both songwise and animation wise, so many good scenes in it, Taku and the other dude fighting it out, and Taku and Haru and the power of believing in each other
tumblr_m749nnOVWE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kingdom's OP is also good. Pride - Nothing's Carved in Stone

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica has a catchy one. "Change the world show my heart!" (0:46 is the start of the best part), Faylan never does any bad anime songs.

Ah and Muv Luv on the song alone.

None of the other OP's are that good, I guess their just typical anime. Kokoro Connect is starting to grow on me.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 106

Hc1AD.jpg

You were asking for it, Usagi

So finally, we get some backstory on Michiru and Haruka, and find out why they act the way they do.

It's because they're still in their teenage emo phase. I bet they listen to Linkin Park in their free time.

At least there was plenty of Yuri to make up for it.

TxdoHawk

School Days - 9

Oh lawd. Things are getting...complicated and the MC is
buildin' dat harem!
This can only end poorly, can't it? Also, I feel awful for Taisuke. Just totally out of touch, unable to navigate, and generally unlucky when it comes to women, reminds me of myself when I was younger.

cajunator

Banned
Accel World 2-4

So far so good.
Really interested in this world setup. Kuroyukihime continues to be super hnnngh and the whole
cable linkup
thing is kind of kinky. This show is pretty unique and I really like it. I find it interesting how easily characters can
hack each other
Seems like it could be highly dangerous.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
More Sailor Moon S 106

I guess the fact that Uranus and Neptune now have proper transformations means that they'll join Usagi soon. Yay. I think I would like them more if they were the protagonists and the story was told from their point of view, as opposed to just being side characters.

The picture reveal at the end was nice. I'll give them that much.

Narag

Sailor Moon S 106
So finally, we get some backstory on Michiru and Haruka, and find out why they act the way they do.

It's because they're still in their teenage emo phase. I bet they listen to Linkin Park in their free time.

Oh goody.
I wouldn't say emo but a lot of the inconsistency you took issue with early on struck me as them selling a false bravado they didn't quite buy into themselves. The genuine characterization was when they were alone and often that was brief before they had to put on their game faces so to speak.
I don't expect you to like them anymore than you did though!

More Sailor Moon S 106

I guess the fact that Uranus and Neptune now have proper transformations means that they'll join Usagi soon. Yay. I think I would like them more if they were the protagonists and the story was told from their point of view, as opposed to just being side characters.

The picture reveal at the end was nice. I'll give them that much.

They're almost wasted as supporting cast.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oh goody.
I wouldn't say emo but a lot of the inconsistency you took issue with early on struck me as them selling a false bravado they didn't quite buy into themselves. The genuine characterization was when they were alone and often that was brief before they had to put on their game faces so to speak.
I don't expect you to like them anymore than you did though!

Well,
I did say that they were pretty obviously putting up a facade for themselves to make themselves feel better about what they're doing, that doesn't mean I have to like it, though. :p

And I'm beginning to like them more over the past few episodes as they've slowly been admitting (even if only to themselves) their weaknesses.

They're almost wasted as supporting cast.

I would watch a spin off with them as the main characters.

trejo

Yeah thats why I didnt really think what I said was much of a spoiler lol.
I changed it anyway from vague to...more vague.

My point was that regardless of if he already knows about Makoto's way with the ladies or not, outright going "
lol yeah, he gonna bang all them gurls!
" just as he's getting to that part seemed inappropriate somehow. Plus, it's not like he's the only one who's gonna read that, perhaps there are other people here who don't know a thing about School Days and laying it out like that seems like bad form to me.

But whatever, go ahead and do your thing. I'll drop it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom