• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Sword Art Online - Episode 5

After Batman Begins (episode 2), The Dark Knight (episode 3), and The Dark Knight Rises (episode 4), we're now in Law & Order: SAO. Lol. This episode was pretty fucking hilarious. Most of it was just kinda silly, but rather novel, but then the final scene at the end was just ROFLMAO. Those expressions, the direction, the laziness of the animation, it was like watching Higurashi all over again. I hope we get more of that serious overacting stuff in the next episode as well. Lololol.

Please don't make the show sound interesting to watch, I've already happily dropped it.

So GAF any of the recently aired new anime series worth watching?
Also, lat ep. of Fairy Tail I watched was 128, which I believe is part of a filler, should I bother watching the remaing eps. after that or just skip to a certain ep.?

Binbougami ga is worth watching.

As for FT, maybe... It's still in filler, and it's a really damn weird one too that's kind of messing with canon. In the end though, it won't have any bearing on the plot, so you can just wait for it to get back to canon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, considering
the real Asai married Oda Nobunaga's sister, does that mean this Asai will marry Oda Nobuna's brother? Hmmm....

Oda Nobuna 5

+1 loli added

I wish they had explained
what the stone pillars would actually do, and how it was supposed to force them into the swamp.
1) Does that mean Nobuna has another sister who has been turned into a brother... or would her sister remain a sister. There are no rules!

2) I just assumed it was some well known historical fact that people who care about the Sengoku stuff would know.

TARI TARI 6

I'm seriously crying right now. I've just finished watching it and the emotion... Oh god the emotion. T_T
They tricked you. :(

Sora No Woto 6

This was a really well made episode, the character animation had a significant boost, there was a fun action scene, the multiple perspectives were interesting, and there was some nice character development for several people. The background art has been good in every episode so far, this was no exception.

So that's one mystery about this particular platoon solved, they're making alcoholic beverages in the basement. I can't help but think there's plenty more mysteries still, considering everything else that's happened before. Will Kanata ever get that dolphin?
This was that Rashomon-esque episode, wasn't it?

Sora No Woto 7

Well, the ED really killed the mood on this episode.

I'm still not a fan of Filicia's pretence of being an air-head, but she got some much needed screentime this episode to build her up. I wonder what significance Noel being the only one not to light a lantern might have. Also, it seems Rio has a very interesting background...
You're sort of at the pivot point of the show now. Well, after the next episode anyway. 7.5 and 8 are pretty much filler.

Is it the one where
Kanata has to pee but she has to watch for a phone call?
Episode 8.

Taruranto

Now and Then, Here and There - 09

yBZLT.jpg

How does she even stand him, holy fuck

cajunator

Banned
Now and Then, Here and There - 09

yBZLT.jpg

How does she even stand him, holy fuck

I did kind of wonder that while watching NTHT. she puts up with a LOT of shit. but then I think about all the officers that loyally followed Hitler and every command. Abelia is like that.

Taruranto

I did kind of wonder that while watching NTHT. she puts up with a LOT of shit. but then I think about all the officers that loyally followed Hitler and every command. Abelia is like that.

I've seen this comparison before, but i don't think it's really fair. Both are insane, but at least Hitler delivered for Germany and he actually managed to speak in public.

All Hamdo did in 9 episodes is slapping little kids around.

cajunator

Banned
I've seen this comparison before, but i don't think it's really fair. Both are insane, but at least Hitler delivered for Germany and he actually managed to speak in public.

All Hamdo did in 9 episodes is slapping little kids around.

It makes you kind of wonder what Hamdo may have done TO Abelia to where she is so loyal. Was she abused? Does she have stockholm syndrome?

cajunator

Banned
Misguided loyalty. It's implied he wasn't always that way and whatever he did previous to the series was enough to inspire such a level of loyalty.

I have no idea what could instill the kind of loyalty she had. She was well aware of the fucked up stuff Hamdo was doing and she just obeyed him.

Dresden

So with the existence of tulpas, wouldn't it be possible to make manifest your own waifu? With enough discipline and training, I think the average anime nerd would be able to project their own Horo or Miku.

The problem would be when they take on a life of their own and go off to NTR their creators, at which point you'd have to destroy them.

Narag

I have no idea what could instill the kind of loyalty she had. She was well aware of the fucked up stuff Hamdo was doing and she just obeyed him.

Whatever he did to inspire his followers was irrelevant.
Last ep spoilers:
you could tell it wore on her as she was acting as a buffer between him and the rest of Hellywood. This was more or less her story arc as she struggled with that loyalty and doing what was right. That's the reason the scene with her looking at Hamdo's drowned corpse is probably my favorite in the series as its ambiguous enough to make one wonder if she got there too late or let it happen as it needed to.

Go_Ly_Dow

Tari Tari 6

This show is very well rounded. A bit of :firehawk here and then some dorama in other places!

Enjoying it a lot.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Actually the resting rooms in SAO are programmed to be 100% unbreakable/crackable so no amount of high level lockpick can break into the room. Players are safe when sleeping in a inn.
Well then it just sounds like they are idiots for sleeping in non safe zones.

You essentially can't die unless you consent to a method that will lead you to death. Like a duel.
That's why it's an exploit. It seems the agreement to duel is a shared UI so you just need their finger. Really it should require a password or the agreement requires a two way agreement from both individuals UIs.

Articalys

Starchild has prepared their list of stuff they're selling at C82.

The items include:

- Miu dakimakura from PapaKiki
- Bodacious Space Pirates drama CD
- Mawaru Penguindrum set, including near life-size replica of Himari's bear plush
- MGX two-sided towel with art from the anime ED
- Joshiraku set, including a seat cushion

Also, they'll be giving some small stuff away for free to all booth visitors, including Kokoro Connect fans and AKB0048 mecha photographs.

Finally, buying at least 4000 yen worth of merchandise lets you carry it away in this PapaKiki/Space Pirates crossover shopping bag:

6Zhxt.jpg

sleepykyo

That's why it's an exploit. It seems the agreement to duel is a shared UI so you just need their finger. Really it should require a password or the agreement requires a two way agreement from both individuals UIs.

Given the nature of SAO, I doubt the MMO's creator cared enough to fix an exploit that would kill the users. Works as intended.

cajunator

Banned

Their stuff includes:

- Mawaru Penguindrum set, including near life-size replica of Himari's bear plush

Also, they'll be giving some small stuff away for free to all booth visitors, including Kokoro Connect fans and AKB0048 mecha photographs.

Finally, buying at least 4000 yen worth of stuff lets you carry it away in this PapaKiki/Space Pirates crossover shopping bag:

6Zhxt.jpg

All this serves to inform me that I would waste an awful lot of money if I went to Comikets in Japan.

TxdoHawk

I started watching School Days last night, despite warnings of how completely insane the ending is. Up to...episode 6 or 7, the last episode I saw ended with Kotonoha
slapping the shit out of Sekai
. MC is so god damned stupid, WHY IS HE SO STUPID. Finishing up tonight.

I started watching School Days last night, despite warnings of how completely insane the ending is. Up to...episode 6 or 7, the last episode I saw ended with Kotonoha

When you say warnings, does that mean you know what happens or just know it's crazy? Because if it's the former, I look forward to your impressions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
School Days has nothing on Cross Days. lol

Their stuff includes:

Finally, buying at least 4000 yen worth of stuff lets you carry it away in this PapaKiki/Space Pirates crossover shopping bag:

http://i.imgur.com/6Zhxt.jpg
Wait, why is there a Space Pirates x PapaKiki crossover?

And what is a Joshiraku seat cushion? lol

Enjoy.

cajunator

Banned

His stupidity is legendary. Please continue.

School Days has nothing on Cross Days. lol

Wait, why is there a Space Pirates x PapaKiki crossover?

This is something nobody asked for. What do those two shows have in common?
Is there a common seiyuu or something?

A friend tried to get me to watch this over the weekend, then came back to me hours later saying he hated anime and that the characters were the most stupid he ever encountered. Guess its good I didnt ever manage to check it out.

BluWacky

They're rakugo performers, right? They spend their entire working life sat on their asses - that's the point of rakugo - so it ties in nicely with that. The ANN article that Articalys got the news from has pictures.

The PapaKiki cushion is a bit gross (what happens when they don't have "Sample" on them?) but I'd love one of the PingDrum teddies.

TxdoHawk

When you say warnings, does that mean you know what happens or just know it's crazy? Because if it's the former, I look forward to your impressions.

I have a vague idea from the OT thread of the VN, and people taking about how the last episode depressed them, but I've intentionally avoided specific details.

I...am kind of easy to manipulate emotionally with media, so I don't know how this is going to go. But I'm going to finish it, and I was encouraged to share updates now that I am at the second half, so we'll soon find out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They're rakugo performers, right? They spend their entire working life sat on their asses - that's the point of rakugo - so it ties in nicely with that. The ANN article that Articalys got the news from has pictures.

The PapaKiki cushion is a bit gross (what happens when they don't have "Sample" on them?) but I'd love one of the PingDrum teddies.
I was wondering if you were supposed to sit on their faces. At least they're not that depraved. lol

His stupidity is legendary. Please continue.

This is something nobody asked for. What do those two shows have in common?
Is there a common seiyuu or something?
No clue...

You know the answer is just going to be "stuff for you to buy", right?
Well, sure. Dem nerds with their disposable income.

Articalys

Beyond the fact that they're both Starchild properties and aired in the same season, I dunno why they picked those two series. Maybe it was the easiest pair to draw crossover art for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom