• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Joshiraku - 04

What happened in this episode?

bHpGn.png

Greatness happened.

Megane megane meganemeganemeganemegane

Agreement on the first I bolded. I love that gif.
You're not just hating on Sonia because she
lost
are you?
As for the second bolded how can
Aria
be the best female? You say Yuna is awful because she's not contributing but
Aria
hasn't really been doing anything either.

It is hard to be a fan of character who fails to meet expectations in battle. There are exceptions however not in this episode
So Sonic would have been a good character if she, a silver saint, hadnt lost against a bronze saint in such an embarrassing manner.

Aria is the better female because she put herself in harms way one episode for the inn owners and another one for the girl that is kiki's apprentice. That is a commendable act and actually makes her not a worthless dead-weight that tags along but someone one can count on if they need to protect others, A+.

Gundam Wing 26 - 29

First off, two back to back recap episodes? It wasn't actually that bad since I loved seeing my favorite gundam protagonists, and other characters again in all of these choice moments again. Mini nostalgia moment it was.

Heero going almost crazy in the Gundam was actually suspenseful. I guess the Zero is just a bit too dangerous for people to use because of that cockpit. Quatre's first hand experience and sheer dedication was good for the scene with Heero and I loved and still love their team up from there and down to Earth. I love how kind each of them are and that they are not attempting to decrease and avoid casualties as much as possible.

I dont know how I feel about Dorothy yet, feels like a superior take on Ralena thus far.
Unlikely team up that episode of the lady whos been tracking down the Gundams and the other one, lieutenant that is Zecks friend, was memorable. I actually had smiles during it because of their interaction and their trust in one another at first site. Hope they team up more and continue on

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I read this before back when you posted it but it's pretty interesting to see these comparisons. Thanks for going to the trouble of doing this.
Personally I like AnimeGaf's list better as I found The Idolm@ster to be a much more enjoyable watch than AnoHana.

I'd agree that it's a better list, but I probably don't have the right to comment on that. I voted for Ben-To, Tiger & Bunny and Denpa Onna in my 2012 top ten at the expense of some of these other shows, after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I suspect my AotY 2012 top ten will be much more in line with the rest of AnimeGAF's.

I really need to catch up on Hyouka so that I know how I'm supposed to feel about this.

Haha, it's so smart and infuriating, innit?
I was about to get all nerdy and ask WHICH EPISODE ORDER?? until I realize that you probably neither remember nor care.

It's like my own personal Tetris Grand Master thing.
There's more than one episode order? Huh. I watched it on TV fwiw. What's the difference between them?

Articalys

AKB bringing in the money.
"Kibō ni Tsuite," the opening theme song to the AKB0048 anime, sold about 47,000 copies to debut at #3 on Oricon's singles ranking chart for the July 30-August 5 week. "No Name," the unit composed of AKB48, SKE48, and NMB48 idols who won the chance to voice-act in AKB0048, released the "Kibō ni Tsuite" maxi-single on August 1.

Besides the title track, the single also contains the AKB0048 ending theme songs "Yume wa Nando Demo Umarekawaru" and "Niji no Ressha," as well as instrumental versions of all three songs. "Type A" of the maxi-single's limited first pressing features a DVD with a music video starring the members of No Name, while "Type B" features a DVD with an original animated music video.
Too bad we'll probably never find out the sales distribution between the real-life and anime versions of the single.

Dresden

Joshiraku has been getting better, episode four was good stuff.

The show has also been consistently lewd, which is wonderful.

Narag

Gundam Wing 26 - 29

I dont know how I feel about Dorothy yet, feels like a superior take on Ralena thus far.
Unlikely team up that episode of the lady whos been tracking down the Gundams and the other one, lieutenant that is Zecks friend, was memorable. I actually had smiles during it because of their interaction and their trust in one another at first site. Hope they team up more and continue on

She has the strong Khushrenada eyebrows. No more need be said!

Hyouka 16

I love how sharply etched all the character moments are. The Manga Club scene was especially well-done, with masterful handling of subjective time.

Some interesting suggestions that the Juumonji incident may be based on And Then There Were None instead of The ABC Murders, between going out of alphabetical order and there being ten clubs involved. If this is so, it puts a very different light on what's been going on. Really curious to see what the motivations behind this turn out to be.

Uchip

Banned
Watching shows based on their premises is for losers.

"a high school freshman Subaru Hasegawa who becomes the coach of a grade school's girls basketball team after the high school team's captain was suspected for being a lolicon."

I wouldn't watch that with the best director, studio, and infinite budget

Utakoi 6

what the fuck is all this doin in mai historical romance poem anime

holy shit, this episode was literally insane

Whoa, what happened here?

It doesn't say that in the thing. I say hint of romance but I want it to be one of the make-ups of the narrative. *sigh* Man... I'm just not saying things properly today. Sorry.

Lovely Complex is my favorite traditional romance show. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom