• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Whoa, what happened here?
Basically all the self aware meta humour in the show built up to critical mass and pretty much exploded everywhere. The end result is quite amazing!

*sigh* Fuck it. Gonna watch Madoka. I heard it's good so it better be.
what do you have against puppies? :(

midori.gif

Joshiraku 04

YdDtI.gif

This show still got it. The middle act was weaker than the other two, but that seems to be the trend going on here so whatever.

Cameos up everywhere!

Nafe

Haha, so is this real or not?

It is hard to be a fan of character who fails to meet expectations in battle. There are exceptions however not in this episode
So Sonic would have been a good character if she, a silver saint, hadn't lost against a bronze saint in such an embarrassing manner.

Yeah, the ending to the battle was weird and anticlimactic.
For being a silver saint who killed Souma's father and since he was only a bronze he needed to be in a beserker type rage mode to be on even terms with her, I was expecting him to beat her that way. The way he calmed down and used a regular move and beat her just seemed weird.

Obviously he was going to beat her for the very reasons she mentioned. If she beat Souma then they wouldn't be able to deactivate the fire ruins and Mars would have won. Bad guys win, show over. Most people would be complaining at what a terrible ending that would be, so obviously Souma was going to win. How he won was a let down. I was kind of hoping he would tap into some new powerful move.

About our conversation earlier regarding slice of life, have you seen any of Gintama? I can't remember. I've only seen the odd clip but it looks to be a mix of shounen and slice of life/comedy. It seems like the kind of show you might like.

Irisu! <3

I actually find it really interesting her and the other girl show up along with Masashi from the newspaper club.

Regarding the girl on the left and having seen her in the opening I was wondering when she was going to show up and the I can't believe it took me so long to remember she already has. She's the girl who
Chitanda meets running the fortune telling stall. Her name is Kaho

I also ran across some major spoilers, I mean ones I saw in the show itself not saw somebody tell about the LNs or something, but I'll leave those maybe for after the arc.

Even if I put them in spoiler bars I image people might get upset at the revelation so I'll leave it for now. Now that I know who the culprit during the festival arc is though, and I kind of figured it was earlier, I'm wondering what there motivation is.

Branduil

Starchild has prepared their list of stuff they're selling at C82.

The items include:

- Miu dakimakura from PapaKiki
- Bodacious Space Pirates drama CD
- Mawaru Penguindrum set, including near life-size replica of Himari's bear plush
- MGX two-sided towel with art from the anime ED
- Joshiraku set, including a seat cushion

Also, they'll be giving some small stuff away for free to all booth visitors, including Kokoro Connect fans and AKB0048 mecha photographs.

Finally, buying at least 4000 yen worth of merchandise lets you carry it away in this PapaKiki/Space Pirates crossover shopping bag:

6Zhxt.jpg

What an utterly bizarre crossover.

cajunator

Banned
*sigh* Fuck it. Gonna watch Madoka. I heard it's good so it better be.

Well this is a really good show. Yeah watch Madoka. I put it in my top ten all-time although results may vary.

So has anything good come out in the past year? I haven't kept up and I'M so lost genre doesn't matter.

Space Bros!
Have you watched Chihayafuru?
and yeah Fate Zero is quite awesome. Production values are through the roof. Plus Ilya is quite cute.

Instro

So has anything good come out in the past year? I haven't kept up and I'M so lost genre doesn't matter.

Tsuritama
Fate/Zero S2
Hyouka
K-on movie
Kids on the Slope
Eureka 7 AO
Space Bros
Ano Natsu
Chihayafuru
Mysterious Girlfriend X

This season:
Natsuyuki
Tari Tari
Binbougami?

wonzo

Banned
AKB0048
Blood-C
Mawaru Penguindrum
Bunny Drop
tsuritama
Space Bros
Hyouka
Chihayafuru
AnoNatsu
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Kids on the Slope
Ginga e Kickoff!!
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Bodacious Space Pirates
YuruYuri
The iDOLM@STER

I haven't seen Fate/Zero yet but I've heard great things.

Jintor

And Whisper of the Heart's my second favourite (first being Porco Rosso and I still need to see the highly praised Only Yesterday) but I don't see how that makes From Up On Poppy Hill any less forgettable, a decent Ghibli work but nothing more.

A decent Ghibli work is like a merely decent KyoAni work, it still eclipses almost everything else. I do agree though that I found a lot more joy in Poppy Hill just due to its setting and the sheer amount of personality in the surroundings and the characters, rather than its almost incidental plot and storyline, but I don't see that any of that detracts from what it is.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
"a high school freshman Subaru Hasegawa who becomes the coach of a grade school's girls basketball team after the high school team's captain was suspected for being a lolicon."

I wouldn't watch that with the best director, studio, and infinite budget
I'm not even sure what exactly is wrong with the premise. It can be done in a classy way with the right director.

Jex

Dead Eyes Chitanda! <3
Sorry, I've always had a thing for dead eyes "moe". It's probably my favorite of all "moe".
I'd just like to add that, as far as I am aware, the original 'cloudy eyes' girl is Clarisse from 1979's The Castle of Cagliostro, although there are presumably earlier examples. Miyazaki can't have invented everything:

Lupin-the-castle-of-cagliostro-18416909-688-368.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom