• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I don't think Kid C will appear because apparently she doesn't appear until the second novel, which isn't being covered by the adaptation. Personally, I've seen anime with worse premises that have ended up fun to watch. I've also seen anime with worse premises that have ended up awful though, I guess.

Also, eyepatch moe is moe.

A: I despise the girl's design. It's horribly lazy and ugly.

B: It's worse than I feared at first. They're "locked in a contract with each other", not simply dating.

I'm going to electrocute your brain, Envelope. Please, close your eyes. This is for your own good.

Would it have been better if I said The Pet Girl of the Sakura Hall?

Kyoto Animation has posted a sneak peak at the trailer they'll be showing at C82 for their new show:

p7xn3.jpg

1gJVJ.jpg
Meh. Maybe the inevitable gifs will change things, but she doesn't even seem that moe.

Defuser

Yuru Yuri fuwa fuwa ep 6
I know this is a all girls show damn at least put some males in a comiket event. Poor poor Ayano.

I have just seen the second PV for Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World).

http://youtu.be/8J-Vw9WfQs4

Plot Summary: In the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.

sounds and looks not bad and the novel won the 29th Nihon SF Taishō Awards (with Dennō Coil).

Taruranto

I have just seen the second PV for Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World).

http://youtu.be/8J-Vw9WfQs4

Plot Summary: In the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.

sounds and looks not bad

Definitely one of the most interesting show of the new season, hopefully it will live up to the hype.
I saw some manga scans, and ugh.

Pachael

Considering earlier discussion, I'm sure Kyoani are saving all their comedy artillery for Chuunibyou.

Joshriaku 04

Reminded me that the Bure OP debuted about five years back. Congrats Kumeta and all your terrible puns!

Defuser

Music sounds epic. Although I'm a bit surprised about Sinbad's hair being purple.

Now all is left is the music composer and the VA.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Well, it's not like they can completely destroy the source material, so it should still be at least somewhat enjoyable.

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 5

The first skit was kinda slow, but I liked the punchline. The second half, however, was gold.

iA3I4s92ZD1CS.png

I'd hate to go on a date in CG Hell.

Takeru's a cool kid. I hope we see more of him.

I skipped the OP.

jbug617

Banned
Joshiraku 4

I liked the first and third part of the show. Something is bothering me though about the incomplete frames for the glasses. It's like the glasses are magically held together.

Lain

So, I can't play H! 5

What a display of manliness from pervert chief. The moment those two girls started seeing him in a different form I half lost it, given how each of them saw him.
This show is stupid and silly, but damn I'm loving it and with this episode I'm a little less worried about it becoming too repetitive for the fights.

Nafe

I'd just like to add that, as far as I am aware, the original 'cloudy eyes' girl is Clarisse from 1979's The Castle of Cagliostro, although there are presumably earlier examples. Miyazaki can't have invented everything:

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/Lupin-the-castle-of-cagliostro-18416909-688-368.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is another one of the movies on my list I want to see,right up there with [B]Akira[/B]. I guess this will give me extra incentive to do so.

[quote="sonicmj1, post: 40714114"]It's the same reason that Terminators show up naked and weaponless. Unless it's covered in organic material, it won't survive the time travel process.

Then again, the Kyle Reese police station interrogation in T1 sort of lampshades the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

Thinking instead of just the original [B]Terminator[/B] and including the sequel isn't the T-1000 model comprised completely of liquid metal? Wouldn't this retcon or void the need for organic material?

As I mentioned I haven't seen the films for awhile so I can't remember the specifics of the police interrogation scene.

[quote="Jintor, post: 40714130"]So coat a nuke in flesh bro[/QUOTE]

I thought of this too. When it comes to killing someone I'm sure Skynet doesn't really care about the aesthetics.

[quote="Hitokage, post: 40714140"]Probably a matter of energy usage too.[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I'm not sure if [B]Terminator Salvation[/B] is considered canon or not but in the film [spoiler]whatever the model number the Arnold terminators are, I recall that it was revealed that the fuel cells that power them are nuclear powered. Essentially they could be used like small bombs.[/spoiler]

[quote="sonicmj1, post: 40714180"]The time machine was about to get blown up, so they couldn't make something new like a flesh-coated nuke.[/QUOTE]

Thinking again more of the series and not just the original, wasn't the T-1000 and then the T-X model newer models that were created after? Skynet was using some sort of new time machine to send them further along in time right? Then using the flesh nuke argument would seem to work wouldn't it?

Or why keep sending the newer models further along in time when the Conners know they've been attacked? If the T-1000 was indeed a newer more sophisticated Terminator why not just send it back to about the same time period as the first? Sarah wouldn't know whats coming and it would essentially just be a redo.

Speaking of [B]The Terminator[/B] and moefying different things, is the Terminaor safe or is there a cutsie loli version of those out there as well?

So I tried to watch Fate/Zero on crunchyroll last night.

Pretty good...until my pooptastic internet made it skip constantly.

so i was wondering is this series going to be licensed? I see that Aniplex did put out a subbed collection but fuck those prices. I would be willing to buy it since it looks like a quality show but not at 300 frikkin dollars.

so i was wondering is this series going to be licensed? I see that Aniplex did put out a subbed collection but fuck those prices. I would be willing to buy it since it looks like a quality show but not at 300 frikkin dollars.

Wait a year and see if Aniplex releases a bare bones version for cheaper over here. Otherwise watching on Crunchyroll or Hulu is your only option.

Thanks, I got it to work. Think it just needed time to register. app has alot of bugs though.

starting Gundam 00 and I like the artstyle alot already.

Setsuna F Seiei and Gundam Exia is definitely one of my favorite among the gundams.

It is licensed, I cant imagine they wont do it like later next year.

I thought people said a non special edition blu ray set of F/Z part one was coming end of this year to JPN?

sonicmj1

This is another one of the movies on my list I want to see,right up there with Akira. I guess this will give me extra incentive to do so.

Thinking instead of just the original Terminator and including the sequel isn't the T-1000 model comprised completely of liquid metal? Wouldn't this retcon or void the need for organic material?

As I mentioned I haven't seen the films for awhile so I can't remember the specifics of the police interrogation scene.

I didn't build the fucking thing!

Ultimadrago

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 5

4tvpX.jpg

Ah yes, the simple budget of a young nerd.

A "so-so" dating related episode. Viewing a segment based on Takeru was a decent change of pace, however.

Lesson of the day: Youngsters have more game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom