• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
starting Gundam 00 and I like the artstyle alot already.

First season is pretty good...I'll be interested to hear what you think after you finish the 2nd season and movie (assuming you make it that far) since opinions are quite divided on those, to put it mildly.

Accel World 17

Actually caught up with a bunch Accel World yesterday and am now current. Pretty fun series, I'd have to say. Some pretty cute character designs too...though Kuroyukihime>Sky Raker>Chiyu>Nico. Just sayin'.

As for episode 17, some pretty good action right up to the end, then
WTF Chiyu what are you doing? And based on the ep 18 preview we may not be getting answers for a bit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 17

Actually caught up with a bunch Accel World yesterday and am now current. Pretty fun series, I'd have to say. Some pretty cute character designs too...though Kuroyukihime>Sky Raker>Chiyu>Nico. Just sayin'.

WTF Chiyu what are you doing? And based on the ep 18 preview we may not be getting answers for a bit.

Join the club. One of us

survivor

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 5

I skipped the OP.

After the first episode, I always skipped the OP but kept listening to the ED. Not that I hate the OP since I always listen to the full version, but for some reason I never cared about it while watching the anime

First season is pretty good...I'll be interested to hear what you think after you finish the 2nd season and movie (assuming you make it that far) since opinions are quite divided on those, to put it mildly.

Accel World 17

I will probably marathon 00 so I post my feeling when I get to it/finish it.

Branduil

Hyouka 16

I wonder if there's a bag big enough to hold all of Satoshi's salty tears of jealously over Oreki's pro detective skillz. He tries so terribly hard to be Sherlock but at the end of the day, he's not even Watson.

KININARIMASU

hyouka16b.jpg

who needs photoshop when you've got the real thing

When did this happen?

Wait a year and see if Aniplex releases a bare bones version for cheaper over here. Otherwise watching on Crunchyroll or Hulu is your only option.

It is licensed, I cant imagine they wont do it like later next year.

I thought people said a non special edition blu ray set of F/Z part one was coming end of this year to JPN?

well that sucks....oh well hopefully my internet stops acting up then.

Thanks

kayos90

Don't these two things contradict each other?

No. That screenshot shows that the world is a lot more vibrant and lush with color compared to Hyouka which aims for a bit of a faded and murky color. That's not to say Hyouka isn't bland. Just not as colorful as that screenshot.

Those eyes are pretty shiny. Also, the character design is much worse than in Hyouka.

It's a bit shiny but it complements the colorfulness of everything else. I can stand it. Whereas in Hyouka my immediately goes to the most distracting/different thing, the eyes.

Nafe

Okay, thanks sonicmj1. I don't actually own any of the Terminator films so I would have had to rent or borrow them.

I thought about it earlier but obviously never wrote it down in regards to your lampshade comment, that the "rules" of the Terminator series are not presented to the audience as absolutes but from the point of view or understanding of Kyle and what he was told(and possibly lied to regarding destroying the time machine after he went through it.)

If someone went back in time with something like a cell phone they could maybe tell others somewhat how it's supposed to operate but probably not the specifics of the science of how it works or how to make them.
Most everyday objects to most people are likely black boxes to them in that they really have no idea of how they're made or operate but are only aware of the end use or operation of the device.

With all this said it seems my initial question is still valid and as each new movie is introduced only more valid. I'll maybe just concede that it's a silly plot oversight and the films are entertaining regardless.
You can probably do this for any film such as there really is no point to the entire ground battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi but it's fun to watch regardless.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No it's not.
I checked the scene in slow motion and wasn't able to see the top half of her face. I dunno, maybe I was just looking at it wrong or something.

Edit: Oh wow, I'm dumb. You're right, it's totally there.

Branduil

No. That screenshot shows that the world is a lot more vibrant and lush with color compared to Hyouka which aims for a bit of a faded and murky color. That's not to say Hyouka isn't bland. Just not as colorful as that screenshot.

More colors /= good. Hyouka has some of the best art direction of any KyoAni work.

I don't see anything on this level so far in their new show.

kayos90

More colors /= good. Hyouka has some of the best art direction of any KyoAni work.

More colors is good for me. I like the glow in the new show compared to what's in Hyouka. I'm not saying the art direction sucks. I never said the colors in Hyouka were bad in my original statement either. I simply said it looked better and that was due to my personal preference of the ambient/vibrant color glow of the new show. Sorry for having an opinion. Jeez.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

Those pics would look a lot better without the horrible compression/artifacting.

And anyway, you really haven't seen anything yet from their new show, so making a comparison at this point is ridiculous.

Branduil

More colors is good for me. I like the glow in the new show compared to what's in Hyouka. I'm not saying the art direction sucks. I never said the colors in Hyouka were bad in my original statement either. I simply said it looked better and that was due to my personal preference of the ambient/vibrant color glow of the new show. Sorry for having an opinion. Jeez.

Nobody said you couldn't have an opinion.

Branduil

Those pics would look a lot better without the horrible compression/artifacting.

And anyway, you really haven't seen anything yet from their new show, so making a comparison at this point is ridiculous.

Well, we've seen the character design and those two shots. Obviously not a large sample size, but so far it doesn't seem to be on the level of Hyouka or Nichijou, both of which had art direction that was instantly recognizable as brilliant.

I like the toilet. Very classy.

Accel World take notes.

Dresden

We need to make a comparison between Hyouka toilets and Accel World toilets. There's a world out there waiting to hear the results.

The Hyouka toilet looks nice, but there's a nice avant garde quality to Accel World toilets that I find very appealing. The way they skew perspective and defy any consistent attempt to measure their size has a very Finnish expressionistic quality to it.

duckroll

The Hyouka toilet looks nice, but there's a nice avant garde quality to Accel World toilets that I find very appealing. The way they skew perspective and defy any consistent attempt to measure their size has a very Finnish expressionistic quality to it.

Would you say that the Hyouka toilet represents something which a person might actually use, while Accel World's toilets feel like a cry for help from deep within?

Branduil

Oh there you go about the Fins again. It's almost like you don't even know Bulgarian expressionism exists.

Go_Ly_Dow

School Days - 11

Man. Everything is so tense at the first few minutes of this. And then
the MC does Hikari?! Is no one spared the wrath of his pimp game??
Then he
re-blocks Kotonoha
like the cold-hearted man he is, damn. And then
the bullies?! EVEN THE BULLIES?! AT THE SAME DAMN TIME?!
and Kotonoha is
losing her mind
and Sekai is
pregnant?!!!?!
WHAT IS THIS INSANITY. Oh, but what's this? It seems that
suddenly being a father has wrecked the MC's pimp game.
Oh and there's
insane Kotonoha again!
I don't know if my brain can keep this pace, I'm losing my mind...

School Days - 12

Okay, I really don't know what to expect from this now. Already the MC is
worst dad EVER
in the first few minutes. And...oh no. He's been
busted again!
And now
OH SHIT IT'S CONFRONTATION TIME
. And now
Setsuna is busted
, but hey, at least she's in
France!
And OH MY GOD NO
THEY'RE HOOKING UP IN FRONT OF PREGNANT SEKAI AHHHH WHAT THE FUCK
and euuuhhh it's extra raunchy too. God, this is hard to watch. Oh, and Sekai tried to
set Setsuna up with him before any of this
, wow. And oh my lord now he wants her to
get an abortion. And she's possibly going to?!
Now suddenly the scene is calm with the MC and Kotonoha...too calm. Oh, here's the extra-tense meeting with Sekai and
OH FUCK OH FUCK WHY DOES SHE HAVE A KNIFE
oh there's Kotonoha with her sis again OH SHIT
PIMP DOWN PIMP DOOOOOOOOOWN
uh oh there's Kotonoha, she can't be happy to see that. Oh boy, that definitely isn't the MC...and sure enough, here's a
no doubt unhappy Kotonoha
and oh god don't look in the bag OH GOD WHAT CONFIRM WHAT AND SHE WASN'T EITHER WHY IS THERE A BOAT WAIT
SHE'S CRADLING HIS HEAD AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Oh...oh my. What...how...oh.

That...all escalated very quickly in the last few episodes. I need a glass of water.

8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

I'm sorry, but a glass of water won't save you now. Anyone who watches the entirety of School Days is beyond salvation.

Dresden

Would you say that the Hyouka toilet represents something which a person might actually use, while Accel World's toilets feel like a cry for help from deep within?
Probably. They're straining to break free, much like Silver Crow himself.
Oh there you go about the Fins again. It's almost like you don't even know Bulgarian expressionism exists.

Meh, sounds like communism.

Jex

Don't worry, I skipped that too.

Like Jexhius, I'm of the opinion that OPs and EDs are road blocks on the path to enjoying my actual episodes. Exceptions are rare.

If I've seen it once I rarely need to see it again.
You know you can leave OPs and EDs on in the background.
I don't have a 'background'. I'm either watching something and devoting all my attention to it or I'm not (unless I'm doing some kind of group watch).

The time I save by skipping OP's and ED's allows me to watch more anime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom