• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Isn't Wolf Children that anime movie GAF's been talking about some months ago?
Thanks again for the recommendations guys =3

Jex

Nope. We just found out the other day that the train has a fatal design flaw, but that doesn't mean it'll crash. It well might, but that's the risk we're taking!!! BELIEVE!

Doubling down on your loses seems like a good move. You're right, for all I know everything could turn out great.

Doubling down on your loses seems like a good move. You're right, for all I know everything could turn out great.

There was never any reason to lose hope in the first place. Ohtaka is still heavily involved in the anime and she has to sign off on any changes Yoshino is making. The writing will be fine.

There was never any reason to lose hope in the first place. Ohtaka is still heavily involved in the anime and she is signing off on any changes Yoshino is making. The writing will be fine.

It's understandable why people are apprehensive, considering Yoshino's track record. But in my opinion, considering the involvement of Ohtaka and Masunari as well as the information revealed about the production so far, Yoshino's involvement is not by itself cause for major stress. Now if the director had been revealed to be someone like Tetsuro Araki, then I would have become concerned.

duckroll

It's understandable why people are apprehensive, considering Yoshino's track record. But in my opinion, considering the involvement of Ohtaka and Masunari as well as the information revealed about the production so far, Yoshino's involvement is not by itself cause for major stress. Now if the director had been revealed to be someone like Tetsuro Araki, then I would have become concerned.

That would be a pretty amazing adaptation though. I expect heavy metal in the OP. I wonder how that would go down... Speaking of music, someone I know suggested that the composer is Shiro Sagisu based on the new teaser PV, and I can certainly see that. That would be pretty interesting.

Dresden

so I guess that show about bishie Sonic and the Seg(u)a empire fighting against the evil Ninterdos is happening after all.

e: kirby and link

h7BaC.png

Kyrios is really lame imo. I always thougt the Gadessa, Galazzo, etc were pretty cool looking. Of course the best looking unit is the BRAVE. Go Graham!!

In the entire 00 series
00 Raiser
is the best suit of Gundam 00 and of all Gundams Ive seen, whoever designed it must return and do the next Gundam.

Jex

Already looks better than Hyouka.

Well I don-

Damn. That's harsh. You can't just go and start associating :kayos with bad opinions you don't agree with.
Not really feeling the Gundam designs in 00.

Perhaps I could see your point for a number of the main designs, but the Exia is a fine looking machine, and certainly more attractive than a number of other Gundam's, including the original:

gexia.jpg

Mhmmm.
All about them grunt units. Enacts, Flags, and Tierens!

Well that's certainly true, especially for the Flags.

Taruranto

Planetes - 01

Well, this was... something. To be honest, i didn't know what to expect. I thought it was something more akin to Space Bros, but it turns out it's pretty different. Not bad though.

I'm not a fan of "first episode, let's introduce every character to the MC!", but they handled it well.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think Kid C will appear because apparently she doesn't appear until the second novel, which isn't being covered by the adaptation. Personally, I've seen anime with worse premises that have ended up fun to watch. I've also seen anime with worse premises that have ended up awful though, I guess.

Also, eyepatch moe is moe.

I'm actually fairly interested in Chunibyo since the director mentioned they might take a Haruhi-like approach(or something of that nature) to the show. That line coupled with the art with the female lead having a gun might mean they're going to fully animate the delusions of the kids similar to Haruhi and Day of Sagittarus. That could be a lot of fun if they play with the delusions and might mean we could see some quality action sequences. So I'm kinda expecting a Haruhi-like series except the leads are actually insane instead of the pseudo-pondering in Haruhi.

In short, the series could be off the walls insane while also having some social commentary to it. I'm fairly excited to see what they do with it.

Another thing is that it seems that they're using the books more as a launchpad than anything else and a lot of it will be anime-original material so it'll give KyoAni a chance to spread their wings, if you will.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well I don-

Damn. That's harsh. You can't just go and start associating :kayos with bad opinions you don't agree with.

Perhaps I could see your point for a number of the main designs, but the Exia is a fine looking machine, and certainly more attractive than a number of other Gundam's, including the original:

gexia.jpg

Mhmmm.

I never said Exia was bad. It's alright. I just much prefer BRAVE compared to Exia.

Well I don-

gexia.jpg

Mhmmm.

did they ever have a CG model in the show?

Exia looks a lot better in detailed posters than in the show imo.

Narag

Tsukihime 10

Sudden genre shift to romance.
I actually like the Arc/Shiki interaction this episode so the quality of the show dragging it down is disappointing. Ciel revelations were pretty cool too.

Jarmel

Banned
Tsukihime 10

Sudden genre shift to romance.
I actually like the Arc/Shiki interaction this episode so the quality of the show dragging it down is disappointing. Ciel revelations were pretty cool too.

It seems you're enjoying the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom