• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
0 Gundam best Gundam.
Followed by Setsuna then Exia as second and third best. <3

I actually kind of agree here...though I confess that my appreciation for the 0 Gundam is largely due to nostalgia, but it's still a good looking design. Exia, Qant, Nadlee and Reborns I all like.

jbug617

Banned
Apparently Namori was bored and did some sketches on Twitter.

This is pretty cute
d25beb837d575d225d86024c4c8f61681344352189_full.jpg

Narag

Tsukihime 11

Good on you, Shiki.
I think this adaptation would be better without the actual overarching plot as it gets in the way of Shiki/Arc which is like the only good part.

Re: Cutie Honey 1

Gainax (or Trigger now I guess) should do more Go Nagai stuff in their distinct art/animation style. This was awesome. It's got the sexy, the action, the funny. Very good start. Na-chan and Honey are both great and the villain organization isn't too shabby either.

cajunator

Banned
Kyoto Animation has posted a sneak peak at the trailer they'll be showing at C82 for their new show:

p7xn3.jpg

1gJVJ.jpg

I approve of eyepatch girl.

Most of the shows we watch sound dumb as hell. About half of them are dumb as hell, too.

This is very true. But that's part of the fun!

Music sounds epic. Although I'm a bit surprised about Sinbad's hair being purple.

Now all is left is the music composer and the VA.

You're surprised at an anime with a purple haired character?

Joshiraku 4

I liked the first and third part of the show. Something is bothering me though about the incomplete frames for the glasses. It's like the glasses are magically held together.

Glasses are drawn like this a lot. Madoka Magica for example did this and it was even more stylized.

So I tried to watch Fate/Zero on crunchyroll last night.

Pretty good...until my pooptastic internet made it skip constantly.

so i was wondering is this series going to be licensed? I see that Aniplex did put out a subbed collection but fuck those prices. I would be willing to buy it since it looks like a quality show but not at 300 frikkin dollars.

300? No more like 700 for the whole thing unfortunately.

Nope. We just found out the other day that the train has a fatal design flaw, but that doesn't mean it'll crash. It well might, but that's the risk we're taking!!! BELIEVE!

It makes it all the more exciting. Part of the fun is riding the train and waiting for it to go off the rails!!

This. wow. Its like Hyperdimension Neptunia except with male characters too and not everyone is a loli.

Planetes - 01

Well, this was... something. To be honest, i didn't know what to expect. I thought it was something more akin to Space Bros, but it turns out it's pretty different. Not bad though.

I'm not a fan of "first episode, let's introduce every character to the MC!", but they handled it well.

Congrats on starting an EXCELLENT series.

Apparently Namori was bored and did some sketches on Twitter.

wFZa2.png

I love this dude's artwork. One of the better character designers.

I see the future of 4 people's avatars

And it's bleak

You mean its magnificent right? I'm sure that's what you meant though.

Kyoto Animation has posted a sneak peak at the trailer they'll be showing at C82 for their new show:

p7xn3.jpg

1gJVJ.jpg
Kill it with fire. Here's to hoping it will be the first KyoAni production that is truly terrible.
The hype train is as strong as ever! The conductor may still be in training, but the head conductor is still keeping watch over him making sure he doesn't crash into any boulders.
Everyone on that train is already dead.

Soma

I dream of a day when Femmeworth will come into the thread with something positive to say.

Sadly today is not that day.

Jex

did they ever have a CG model in the show?

Exia looks a lot better in detailed posters than in the show imo.

Well, artwork is going to generally be better than what they have to anime, but it still looks pretty great:

gundam-00-25-gn-001-exia-is-back.jpg

Anyway, I'm just talking about the design.

cajunator

Banned
Accel World 10

This show is just plain fun. Super enjoyable. Super cute. Super AWESOME.

So now
Scarlet Rain has teamed up with Black Lotus and silver Crow to hunt down and defeat Chrome Disaster

One interesting thing is they
have entered an area with unlimited time. In the Accelerated world that means they can stay there forever, but time passes multitudes faster IRL?
My god, this is a worse time waster than WOW ever was!

Also I like
Yellow Radio's
design.

So has there been anything good the past 2-3 seasons?

From fall 2011 through spring 2012:

TV:
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Chihayafuru
Daily Lives of High School Boys
Fate/Zero
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Natsume's Book of Friends S4
Tsuritama
Working'!!

Movies/OVAs/Other:
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos
Hotarubi no Mori e
Lupin III: Blood Seal - Eternal Mermaid
Minori Scramble!
Plastic Nee-san
Puka Puka Juju
Shiranpuri
Wasurenagumo

Bold especially recommended.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

TV:
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Chihayafuru
Fate/Zero
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tsuritama
Working'!!

Movies/OVAs/Other:
Hotarubi no Mori e
Minori Scramble!
Plastic Nee-san
Puka Puka Juju
Shiranpuri
Wasurenagumo

Bolded a few of my own.

Accel World 10

This show is just plain fun. Super enjoyable. Super cute. Super AWESOME.

So now
Scarlet Rain has teamed up with Black Lotus and silver Crow to hunt down and defeat Chrome Disaster

One interesting thing is they
have entered an area with unlimited time. In the Accelerated world that means they can stay there forever, but time passes multitudes faster IRL?
My god, this is a worse time waster than WOW ever was!

Also I like
Yellow Radio's
design.

1 day in the real world is 3 years in the accelerated world, so you can mentally live a VERY long time.

Narag

Tsukihime 12

Ciel's costume change was hilarious.
All dem tats. I approve of that super downer ending though.

And so closes out one of the most underwhelming series I've ever seen. It's boring and underdeveloped on every front such that elevating a handful of elements be it the writing, the pacing, the musical direction, etc would have done this show wonders. Not to say it would have made it very good but I like to think it would have been passable as the premise was reasonably sound. I think my biggest aggravation comes from the few settings hence them being reused a ton. There was one alley that was used something on the order of four different times. Pretty sure the moon remained full during the duration of this too.

Jex

TV:
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Chihayafuru
Fate/Zero
Kids on the Slope
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Tsuritama
Working'!!

Movies/OVAs/Other:
Hotarubi no Mori e
Minori Scramble!
Plastic Nee-san
Puka Puka Juju
Shiranpuri
Wasurenagumo

For reference, you can't really go wrong with this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom