• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it has a good plot to go with its visuals, lots of characters and potential points for development. It does a good job balancing time on technology and space talk with giving a sense of importance to multiple members of the crew and their relations with one another with hints of comedy here and there and some emotional moments.

What anime is that randomc hotlinking image from? It looks familiar.
[C]: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Tizoc

so I guess that show about bishie Sonic and the Seg(u)a empire fighting against the evil Ninterdos is happening after all.

e: kirby and link

h7BaC.png

The fuck is this, what's it called and seriously, what the fuck is this?

NeonZ

so I guess that show about bishie Sonic and the Seg(u)a empire fighting against the evil Ninterdos is happening after all.

e: kirby and link

The fuck is this, what's it called and seriously, what the fuck is this?

Aoi Sekai no Chushin de

http://blog.livedoor.jp/crimson3z/

There's a female Akuma and a dragonquest hero introduced later, among others...

Anyway, I've read several chapters of the online manga a few months ago, when rumors about this series being animated popped up. The main issue with this series is that, aside from all the videogame references, its story plays out in a very standard fashion. You'd think that with such a premise it'd be very over the top or comedy, but, at least the original manga, plays itself out in a very standard way for a fantasy anime/manga. There's some humor, but it's closer to a Naruto than to an actual parody. I think the page for the anime had more blatant meta jokes than the whole manga so far, with the videogame icons and such. While, in the manga itself, every videogame reference is "filtered" to fit in with its fantasy setting.

Tizoc

Aoi Sekai no Chushin de

http://blog.livedoor.jp/crimson3z/

There's a female Akuma and a dragonquest hero introduced later, among others...

Anyway, I've read several chapters of the online manga a few months ago, when rumors about this series being animated pop up, and the main issue with this series is that, aside from all the videogame references, its story plays out in a very standard fashion. You'd think that with such a premise it'd be very over the top or comedy, but, at least the original manga, plays itself out in a very standard way for a fantasy anime/manga. I think the page for the anime had more blatant meta jokes than the whole manga so far, with the videogame icons and such. While, in the manga itself, every videogame reference is "filtered" to fit in with its fantasy setting.

That female Gouki is just...yeah uh...
When will the anime air?

mAcOdIn

The first episode playing out the setting of the universe from the perspective of Jinto was brutal, especially when they had the guy talk about how much of a douche his father is supposed to be. "Your father's dead, I guess you're the Lord now." Uhh, okay.

And I'm just assuming Lafiel and Jinto are the main characters. lol
I don't really care, but I already saw Jinto blush during their first real meeting, so there's a part of me that's bracing for a Renton/Eureka-esque relationship.

I suppose it's all expectations though. Coming off Space Battleship Yamato, which is basically the Japanese version of BSG, I was expecting Crest to be similar based on your recommendations. I wasn't expecting a politics-loaded opening episode and the two main characters chasing down a bunch of street kids.
Look, you're not going to like shit until they show Spoor, you have to watch until then.

Jinto's the shittiest protagonist ever. He's like a leaf being carried along a river, the plastic bag from American Beauty being whisked around by the wind. All of his scenes are literally him shrugging, making a derpy face, making a derpy face while simultaneously shrugging, or doing one of those three while saying "even if you tell me that...," yeah, fuck Jinto. The show would be infinitely better if it was titled "The Sadism of Spoor Aron Sekpadao Letopanyu Peneju" and just focused on Spoor fucking with people 24/7 like a cool, sadistic Haruhi in space.

But seriously, the show's not bad it's just that Jinto and Lafiel are like the least interesting people in the show doing the least interesting things in the show.
I wonder if someone has made a gif of all the kugilolis hitting their male love interests. lol
Hmmm.... how big can a gif file be? Is there a size limitation or something with the format? I could imagine a gif of that would be several hours long.
Shhh, you're not helping my terrible argument!
In the words of one of my coworkers, "not my job." I'm still trying to figure out just what his job is though...

trejo

I'm pretty sure it goes Taiga > Ami > Everyone else > Kitamura > Minori.

But in any case,
Ryuji's mom
is the bestest girl.

Cwarrior

Some people just like the colour blue a lot.

As much as I like the colour blue, Ami was another terrible device meant to delay the inevitable and help drag the anime to the 26ep mark.

Some people just like the colour blue a lot.

As much as I like the colour blue, Ami was another terrible device meant to delay the inevitable and help drag the anime to the 26ep mark.

well, I'm surprised you're a shounen fanboy, so you should like these things .

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The only show with a tsundere kugiloli that I've ever been able to watch to completion is Hayate no Gotoku.

This is the attitude that forces KyoAni to pander to the blob lovers :(

I liked kugimiya a long time ago. Now I just can't stand it. I guess my likes/dislikes have changed over time...

Articalys

Didn't see anything on this yet -- a new anime project "Fantasista Doll", helmed (but not directed) by Goro Taniguchi, is in the works.
The September issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Friday that a television anime called Fantasista Doll is in the works. Goro Taniguchi (Code Geass, s-CRY-ed) will not direct this project, but he will serve as creative producer with the actual director, Hisashi Saito (Haganai, Heaven's Lost Property).

The science-fiction story revolves around "dolls" who fight and power up with special cards.

Newtype indicates that this is a different project from the recently announced anime "for cosplayers" that Taniguchi is planning with World Cosplay Summit.

I cant wait to finally own it, it was one of the underdogs in anime of last year but proved to be fun for me, however, it seemed like a running theme in lots of these anime...that they are consistently not given enough episodes. I miss Kimimaro.

I would love to see a second season for that show. It would be kind of difficult to implement now, but it would have been awesome to see it go another 12 eps.

jman2050

*raises hand*

It's impossible to make a show more animeish than Toradora.

Shitty drama and love quadrangle.

I liked it when it first aired. I went back and watched it again, for some reason I didn't like it...

The only show with a tsundere kugiloli that I've ever been able to watch to completion is Hayate no Gotoku.

Like I said, crazy people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom