• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Nah, I'm sure firehawk12 would appreciate that Infinite Ryvius goes for submarine warfare, rather than standard naval warfare. There's even an in-universe explanation because something has happened to space which alters it's structure, meaning that different regions have different 'pressures' and if you sink too low your ship will implode.

Infinite Ryvius takes the "space is an ocean" metaphor to its logical conclusion.

Jex

It's like the first lesson on animation training. Who seriously thought it was a good idea to accept this?

Look, have you ever jumped on a spear that's been pointed on you, run up the length of the shaft and kicked a guy straight in the face? For all you know it might really look like that!

Jex

That kid's mouth is ridiculously funny.

It certainly is. Thank god for Kingdom CG gifs, one their own they're more entertaining than some shows that I've watched. I'm not even exaggerating here. Those animators are doing the world a great service.

Outlaw star, vandread, Tylor, nadesico, cowboy bebop, kiddy grade... Space anime used to be awesome. what the fuck happened?

cheaper cg?

I love me some moretsu pirates but those purty space ship models look quite.... soul less.

I guess the same could be said about the new Yamato remake as well.

I guess it is a bit harder for me to grasp scale and impact when the people are 2d but the ships and what not are 3d. Weird disconnect.

hmmm...

is lagrange even considered space genre somewhat? I don't even know anymore.

Macross F did well. And... idk. I do hope space makes a resurgence.

A modern LOGH like show... don't know how it'd sale, but i'd watch.

Neogaf mobile has some serious problems.

Anyway Mouretsu pirates did renew my faith in Space anime ever so slightly.

wish it had more space in it.

it's all up to the movie. I expect a relatively equal slice of SoL and space though...

I'd really love for them to go to the 'final frontier', but can the show really live off just the pirate side and not the cosplay school girls?

duckroll

Happy Magi time:

2DpHy.jpg

kcTD6.jpg

dqIy1.jpg

The Sinbad/Judal one looks kinda... off. Not sure why.

Thoraxes

As far as space as a major player in a setting goes, the most recent (as far as a release date goes) show i've enjoyed was Planetes.

The setting was fantastically done.

Dead

well not really...yet
As far as space as a major player in a setting goes, the most recent (as far as a release date goes) show i've enjoyed was Planetes.

The setting was fantastically done.
That and Ryvius.

Would love to see Goro Taniguchi do another space anime. Too bad he disappeared around 2006 and never again directed another show.

cajunator

Banned

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Likability has nothing to do with a comparison of the couples dynamic in Crest of the Stars v. Eureka 7. It can't happen because Renton
actually gets the girl
(SPOILERS!!!) whereas Jinto
is so meek and unmotivated as to appear asexual
The difference is - crest / banner isn't complete, while eureka seven is, so ofc
renton gets the girl
Wait, I watched the best part of Lafiel and Jinto?
I can't tell if you're trying to convince me to watch the show or not. lol
You pretty much have no choice but to watch the whole thing. You owe me fucker, you didn't even respond to my responses to your posts before. Also I'm pretty sure you haven't watched the best parts of their relationship yet, I think it comes up in the next few episodes.
Urge to watch falling. :p
This is coming from someone that watches Kimi Ni Todoke.;p lafiel and jinto aren't suppose to be a "traditional" romantic couple anyway, and that's what makes them fascinating. Plus it's more similar to adachi stuff where they have a more platonic thing going on.

Uchip

Banned
It's been almost ten years since Planetes. That's a long time for a studio to go without having made anything good.

not only that but Planetes was closer to reality than a fantasy space anime
Space Bros may eventually be set in space, but I wouldnt put it in the same category

edit: what cajun said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom