• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Hey guys, you wanted KyoAni to do action right? They've listened to your cries and they've finally designed an action character! Woohoo!! LOL!

http://www.anime-chu-2.com/character/

01.jpg
03.jpg

Is that...hair bolas?

Dresden

There's a grenade in each of those things tied to her hair. The pin is tied to a strand of hair. When the weight of her hair grows too heavy, the pins will be pulled and she'll die a very fragmentary death.

Caesnd

I don't think he was restricted at all, if you followed the development of those two projects. They were every bit as much his creations as they were of the writers and the director. He was very heavily involved in the process of creating and executing those shows, from the characters, the world, the layouts, down to the actual animation as well.

He's not a director and writer though, so I don't expect that he will ever do a narrative work solo. He has never indicated any interest in that. He expresses himself through art, which is what he did in the last E7 ED. He directed/storyboarded/drew all of it, but it wasn't even animation, just stills and layouts. That's the sort of "story" he wants to tell, and that's what he does on the shows he is most involved in - lots of designs and layouts.

Yeah, you're right. If he was interested he would have done it already (but I can dream, right?) In the end though, as long as he continues his streak of teaming up with a good team, I just want to see more of his work. He's taken what he learned from Ghibli in a very interesting direction imo. He has a softer and more fluid style to his work than a lot of other designers that work in TV production; and it appeals to me greatly. Especially when it's applied to more futuristic/AU contemporary settings, where it's sort of out of its "comfort zone", away from the worlds of Ghibli movies and Disney etc.

duckroll

Yeah, you're right. If he was interested he would have done it already (but I can dream, right?) In the end though, as long as he continues his streak of teaming up with a good team, I just want to see more of his work. He's taken what he learned from Ghibli in a very interesting direction imo. He has a softer and more fluid style to his work than a lot of other designers that work in TV production; and it appeals to me greatly. Especially when it's applied to more futuristic/AU contemporary settings, where it's sort of out of its "comfort zone", away from the worlds of Ghibli movies and Disney etc.

Speaking of which, I wonder if anything will come out of Tomino's G Reko project. We haven't heard anything about it for a long time now, after he showed off the artwork Yoshida did for it. :(

Narag

Glass Fleet 14

wait what happened? why is this happening? how is Eimer the strongest character in this ep?
Did this really end with some Holy Imperial daterape???
God damn it.
jNcwKl.png

Holy Emperor Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait and the Imperial pet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It worked for Cowboy Bebop, Diebuster, Planetes, etc.

It's not like you need the entire galaxy to do [fake spoiler]Lord of the Flies[/fake spoiler] in space.
Well, speaking only for Planetes, the scale was due to the fact that it was mostly hard scifi and it's set in an early near future. I suppose not everything has to be giant wars though.

Caesnd

Speaking of which, I wonder if anything will come out of Tomino's G Reko project. We haven't heard anything about it for a long time now, after he showed off the artwork Yoshida did for it. :(

Outside of those few pictures from last year, there's so little info about that I think it's best to not hold any high expectations. Although it would be interesting to see those two collaborate once again.

Branduil

Only Glass Fleet would have the courage to play
rape and its effects
for drama in one storyline while simultaneously playing it for laughs in another.

Narag

Princess Nine 8

Izumi learns the dangers of asking too many questions. Daaaaaamn. Longer version of the OP was used as an insert song though which did wonders for keeping up intensity.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Mmmm probably going be seeing Wolf Children on the 24th of September. Time to get hyped!

duckroll

Aniplex and Magi are ready for Comiket tomorrow, the question is, are you?

Shit I just realized how sexist the promotion is. Where the fuck is Mor?!

PhqYP.jpg

AdHHZ.jpg

Articalys

Volume 15 will be the key proof, probably going on sale sometime in November/December. Should see a crazy sales boost if they play their cards right.

Surprisingly, according to his MAL account, he watched every episode. Unsurprisingly he gave it a rating of 2/10.

From the impressions he posted I thought he would have dropped it after the first episode. Maybe he's just another masochist amongst the AnimeGaf crowd.

irl friend hyped it up as one of the best anime ever and being a good friend he essentially made me watch it all :(

Top 50 Anime of All Time according to Japan Cinema:

http://japancinema.net/2012/08/09/top-50-anime-of-all-time/

This is gonna be gud :-/

If they are gonna have Naruto be that high then Bleach and Fairy Tail should be higher, Fairy Tail higher than One Piece as well.

Isnt it odd that FMA is missing?

Lain

Accel World 16

The annoyance sort of subsided, and the training episode was nice enough, with a promise of a new showdown to kick the asshole's ass.

Accel World 17

The start isn't too promising, but then the fight starts! It's interesting too and after a couple twists, it seems
our heroes are about to win! just for Chiyu to pop out and do what she did.
Insert here whywouldyoudothat.gif because I can't, for the life of me, start to understand or imagine why the fuck she would do what she did. If it isn't one character acting like a brainless moron, it's another one.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Aniplex and Magi are ready for Comiket tomorrow, the question is, are you?

Shit I just realized how sexist the promotion is. Where the fuck is Mor?!

PhqYP.jpg

AdHHZ.jpg

So this show is like, a shotacons dream isn't it?

wonzo

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange 17

Well, that was a pretty interesting turn of events.
I wonder what the deal with the red stuff is and whether or not Madoka or Yurikano will ever be able to return to their own bodies again.

also the new ED's still pretty bad

duckroll

Something pretty interesting was brought to my attention today via Twitter.

http://www.tatsunoko.co.jp/devander/
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/sp/shop_sp_204.html

This October, Kadokawa will be releasing a 50th Anniversary Book on Tatsunoko Productions. It's supposed to cover the studio's entire history, spanning over 90 different works. Pretty cool for oldschool anime fans, but that's not all! They are also producing a 50th Anniversary OVA to go with it, and the OVA blu-ray will be included in the book. The blu-ray will also contain a rare unreleased pilot film for Temple the Balloonist, one of Tatsunoko's classic TV series.

fA9RW.jpg

As for the new OVA celebrating 50 years of Tatsunoko, there's a trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYlp6wcAhSA

The OVA is a 30 minute feature called "Do it in one shot!! Debander" and is directed by Hiroshi Sasagawa, with mecha designs by Kunio Okawara. Jun Arai is one of the animators on the project, and he was raving about other animators who have contributed to the project.

The animators he named were Masahito Yamashita, Shin Matsuo, Takashi Hashimoto, Morifumi Naka, Yoshitaka Kouno, Shingo Fujii, Yoshimichi Kameda, Yasuhiro Seo, and Takeshi Itou. He also mentioned that there are animation cuts by 3 un-credited super animators.

6300yen for a book and OVA package celebrating 50 years of such a prolific studio seems like a pretty good deal.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Kidstation will also be airing this OVA in September, before the release of the book.

Hakuouki Reimeiroku 5
tumblr_m8emdj2OnF1qic25lo1_500.gif

I guess Ryuunosuke is just a bystander this entire anime? He just consistently turns down sword opportunities
though at least matured a bit not flat out saying its a waste of time
. Mixed feelings on Serizawa san as sometimes nice in this episode though in the past he is mean, dont know what his final fate with his group will be in terms of them understanding him or them kicking him out. Still a relaxing anime at times and kind of funny.

wonzo

Banned
Tari Tari 6

I did say that last weeks episode laid things on pretty thick but I think they handled Wakana
coming to terms with her dead mother
pretty well in hindsight. I wonder if they'll start focusing on Wien or however the fuck you spell his name next episode as they really haven't fleshed his characters back-story out at all apart from a brief intro scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom