• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

It's not based on any of their games or anything they wrote so...

dood

tmwpe7x.jpg

OceanBlue

Strongly reminiscent of Strike Witches.

It's the mecha musume. Apparently, it's a pretty popular franchise in Japan.

I hope they don't abuse the CG too much, but it seems 8bit is working on it, so there's probably going to be quite a bit. Also, director of Infinite Stratos, so...

I feel bad for Silver Link and the Fate spin-off because Prism Nana is the real deal. And don't forget Madoka!

Shaft is the new king of the magical girl genre.

duckroll

Yeah, I edited a little slow.

So it's him recalling something?

What do you mean? Akito takes place between the CG seasons. It's not a sequel. That's really Suzaku on a train to Europa. We don't know what the story in episode 2 will be, or what his involvement is, but he's there.

So what, even Gen said basically he's only narrative writer.. the script, chara, n all of it come from TYPE-MOON.

He never said that. Stop making shit up. He wrote the novels based on knowing what was said in F/SN, and nothing more. The characters were named by Nasu, but he created all of them himself, except those who were already in F/SN.

Dynedom

What do you mean? Akito takes place between the CG seasons. It's not a sequel. That's really Suzaku on a train to Europa. We don't know what the story in episode 2 will be, or what his involvement is, but he's there.

I guess I haven't been keeping up on Akito news. I always thought Akito was a prequel, set way back in history. I must be thinking of some GEASS manga or something.

duckroll

I'm seeing all kinds of PVs and trailers but still no Magi trailer? What's up with that?

fertygo embargoed the trailer with his evil powers.

I guess I haven't been keeping up on Akito news. I always thought Akito was a prequel, set way back in history. I must be thinking of some GEASS manga or something.

Yeah that was the manga. The author got caught tracing some layouts from a few other older manga and he threw a hissy fit and stopped serialization on it. I'm not sure if they ever resumed it.

wonzo

Banned
I don't even care. I'm just tired of the constant fucking cynicism in this place. This thread is poison. I'm going to go marathon KEY shows. Even the 2002 one by Toei.
it looks like you'll finally understand my suffering *thumbsup*

PRISM NANA PV
http://youtu.be/aqnfv_oiE9g

off-screen but with sound
animation looks really fucking good which is to be expected of an ova but no omigawa = fuck this *flips table*

fertygo

He never said that. Stop making shit up. He wrote the novels based on knowing what was said in F/SN, and nothing more. The characters were named by Nasu, but he created all of them himself, except those who were already in F/SN.

Well I'm sorry if that's the right word, the translation make it seems so. He saying 90% of stuff was Nasu Idea.
The point still stand even if that's not correct, just accept it come from that shitty group lol.

Let drop this forreal.

Dynedom

Yeah that was the manga. The author got caught tracing some layouts from a few other older manga and he threw a hissy fit and stopped serialization on it. I'm not sure if they ever resumed it.

Well suffice to say, my interest in this series has now increased.

Thoraxes

Hayate no Gotoku!! - 15

A meteorite has hit nearby causing new hotsprings to exist that cause young women to rejuvenate, grow, and get all the relationships they want, and Nagi goes to a Russian ramen shop in the middle of the woods.

duckroll

Well I'm sorry if that's the right word, the translation make it seems so. He saying 90% of stuff was Nasu Idea.
The point still stand even if that's not correct, just accept it come from that shitty group lol.

Let drop this forreal.

Can't we keep arguing until the Magi trailer shows up? I'm kinda bored. :(

90% of the "concept" might come from Type-Moon, but that's very different from the execution. Urobuchi did not write the novels based on any fixed outline or even a summary of major events. Instead he created most of the actual story himself based on the rough boundaries of what the story would have to be about. Nasu acknowledges him as a very good writer, which is why they wanted him to do Fate/Zero in the first place. It would be pointless if all he contributed was rewriting something which already existed.

No one disputes that Nasu has very good ideas. He's an idea man. But his actual writing and execution for stories is pretty horrid. The way he develops characters and the dialogue he writes is generally pure trash. His scenarios are also bogged down with shitty crap which doesn't make the best use of the good general ideas.

This is why Fate/Zero is not considered purely a Type-Moon work. Because it is written by a writer who actually knows how to use the good ideas well, and craft a compelling story with good characters in it.

fertygo

This is why Fate/Zero is not considered purely a Type-Moon work. Because it is written by a writer who actually knows how to use the good ideas well, and craft a compelling story with good characters in it.

TBH I'm not hearing this aside from you or this place :D

Its just weird to not acknowledge it as TYPE-MOON work, its a prequel from their work, using the setting and chara that their producing, their big guy (Takeuchi and Nasu) got the biggest pie of load after Gen itself. AND its funny they saying its collaboration work between Nitro+ and TM but in the end they almost not mentioning it at all.

Its like Gen working under TM and not Nitro+, after all of that how its not TM's property?

duckroll

TBH I'm not hearing this aside from you or this place :D

Its just weird to not acknowledge it as TYPE-MOON work, its a prequel from their work, using the setting and chara that their producing, their big guy (Takeuchi and Nasu) got the biggest pie of load after Gen itself. AND its funny they saying its collaboration work between Nitro+ and TM but in the end they almost not mentioning it at all.

Its like Gen working under TM and not Nitro+, after all of that how its not TM's property?

No, I think you got it all wrong. Type-Moon is credited because the franchise belongs to them, so the original concept of Fate is still Type-Moon. The novels are written by Gen Urobuchi himself, and not co-written by anyone else. Urobuchi is not working under Type-Moon, he is a Nitro+ employee. Nitro+ and Urobuchi were approached by Type-Moon to write Fate/Zero, and they accepted it.

No one disputes that Fate/Zero is a Type-Moon property in terms of legal rights. It clearly is. It just isn't considered a Type-Moon creative work. This is no different from how people consider Rogue Squadron a Factor 5 game instead of a Lucasarts game. Does Lucasarts own the IP? Sure. But so what? Other examples include Fallout New Vegas and KotOR 2. They're considered Obsidian games, because they're developed by Obsidian Entertainment, and they have all the elements which fans of Obsidian expect of it.

Narag

Kanon (2001) 3

Another girl. oh my god too what is up with the sword girl??
u4GHcl.png
Aid4jl.png
zfDC7l.png

What bothers me is sometimes their faces look almost fine and I think the implication is the those faces that approach something acceptable are the ones going off-model.
On a unrelated note, I think I'm blind now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom