• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
134458849949912jjg.jpg

AOTY right here!
They took my nose.

I took their lives.

wonzo

Banned
PV for the Crazy Girl Anime
http://youtu.be/ud0fDdXHnYc
It looks like the greatest studio of our times KyoAni's finally gonna shut up the scrubs clamouring for an action series. well, either that or troll them. either way's cool with me!

Lol. The Hellsing OVA isn't dead! There's a trailer for the final volume now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgl077z08tc

It's going to be 67 minutes long! Lol.
can't wait to see this poorly written trainwreck finally animated!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well, speaking only about design, which is all we can compare right now, Hyouka's characters look substantially better. These are a bit too KEY-ish.

I was actually being sarcastic and implying that Eyepatch-chan is garishly overdesigned. Hyouka's character designs are far and away vastly superior to anything we've seen from Chuuninbyou so far, which still looks distressingly LN-ish in spite of the admirable effort that KyoAni has put into tweaking the faces.

Branduil

I'll be honest, I've yet to finish any KEY anime except Angel Beats(lol). The way the female "characters" are written is simply unbearable after a while.

OceanBlue

Same director as Clannad and Air, too.
Yeah, this is basically their Key staff except with Jukki Hanada instead of Shimo doing the series composition.

Speaking of which, I think I saw someone here describe series composition, but I'm still not sure what it means. What does it mean?
That's probably the point . . .
Yeah, but I still can't say I liked the music. I liked the PV though.

Branduil

Yeah, this is basically their Key staff except with Jukki Hanada instead of Shimo doing the series composition.

Speaking of which, I think I saw someone here describe series composition, but I'm still not sure what it means. What does it mean?

Head writer basically.

duckroll

I've never finished any KEY anime! Not even Angel Beats, because I don't force myself to watch garbage like the rest of you lot! :D

cajunator

Banned
I saw air and honestly dont even remember what happened in it
I know there were lolis and a dog that looked like a peanut or something

The dog was called Potato and he was THE SHIT.
There was also a creepy dancing sloth thing.
It was a weird show but the name fit the atmosphere.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I've never finished any KEY anime! Not even Angel Beats, because I don't force myself to watch garbage like the rest of you lot! :D
I've never watched a KEY anime except for the first two episodes of Clannad.:( which I only watched because it came out after Haruhi.

Branduil

KEY stuff is all garbage to me. YMMV. Dealwithit. :)

I imagine their stories work better if you don't consume much media at all outside of otaku-focused works. The clumsy attempts at emotional manipulation melded with shallow pandering are pretty transparent when you've experienced a lot of competent dramatic works.

I don't even care. I'm just tired of the constant fucking cynicism in this place. This thread is poison. I'm going to go marathon KEY shows. Even the 2002 one by Toei.

Well at least icarus will have some company.

cajunator

Banned
I don't even care. I'm just tired of the constant fucking cynicism in this place. This thread is poison. I'm going to go marathon KEY shows. Even the 2002 one by Toei.

I agree but...be careful. Keyshit can be dangerous if you overdose.

I imagine their stories work better if you don't consume much media at all outside of otaku-focused works. The clumsy attempts at emotional manipulation melded with shallow pandering are pretty transparent when you've experienced a lot of competent dramatic works.

Well at least icarus will have some company.

Im a bit of a masochist.
I marathoned KGNE/Rumbling Hearts.

cajunator

Banned
Also I might suggest that people dont take the drama in Key shows seriously.
Some of it is ridiculous.
Its more for entertainment value.

fertygo

That makes no sense. I've watched KEY shows too. But they're awful, so I stop watching them. Type-Moon is the same.

You go in circle :(
You claim you never finished KEY's anime, and I'm saying you finish some TYPE-MOON stuff, just that!

And F/Z isn't Urobuchi Gen property.

Branduil

Also I might suggest that people dont take the drama in Key shows seriously.
Some of it is ridiculous.
Its more for entertainment value.

Everything in anime is intended for entertainment value(unless it's made by Kawamori). But KEY shows clearly intend for the drama to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom