• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I like KyoAni Key. Love the artwork/animation.

Air's ending doesn't make sense to me though. And I had to read about the Clannad: After Story VN to make sense of that one too. Won't deny that.

Still love them though. Made me cry.

Soma

pS6NX.png

VrfyU.png

iU2lz8Pdv1IVR.gif

I'm ready.
Hell yeah

Air wasnt garbage and neither was Clannad or K-On.
I ..can't agree with that ( never could get into any Key series except angel beats and even then ... )
New Hayate series trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by_fZTYz-ec

For cosmicblizzard. <3

WAT WAIT...
The girl with the apple is ....

Are they gonna skip the athena arc and change the continuity ?? That's sucks ...

Jex

But why would you lump that together with recap movies if that's the case? What's confusing is that there is no point comparing them. Like, I fail to see the similarities between the Macross Frontier movies and the Escaflowne movie. Or the Gurren Lagann movies with the Utena movie. There isn't much... similarity there at all.

On the other hand, you also have movies like the RahXephon and Eureka Seven movies, which use a lot of recycled footage and scenes, but tell very different core stories. This is much more extreme in the case of the E7 movie, but both films are also not very comparable to anything else because of the strange doctrine they were made under.

The lesson here is that there are so many different ways to exploit and milk an existing IP. :p

I wasn't trying to draw similarities between them, just pointing out the number of ways you go go about making a movie based on a series or property.

In fact, before that, I was just commenting on the Madoka movie and how it wasn't very surprising that it was going to use a lot of recycled footage.

Jex

This leads me to wonder, what Shaft productions (if any) don't bill Shinbo as the director?

ANN is your friend. In recent times there certainly aren't many examples.

I guess it's easy enough to be the director of a larger number of shows when you don't do stuff like work on individual episodes.

I love how the three of us independently thought this was a moment that was worth capping. We love the sadness. lol

Don't forget my post!

To expand on your question about the context of this short's creation, it was premiered at and I assume commissioned by a planetarium/cafe in the international terminal of Haneda Airport in Tokyo.

Jex

Still looks like a concept that can't be saved by good animation alone.

The same could be said of most of KyoAni's shows up till this point.

I'd also like to point out that it isn't simply having good animation that makes KyoAni's works succeed. It's the extremely skilled direction that does most of the work.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 114

imcQ3o94eOQSe.gif

proto-undulation

This must be the third or fourth Minako episode in S already? Everyone of them has been great though, so I'm not complaining.

Mimette would make a great yandere. Every scene with the Death Busters is great, they're by far my favorite villains to appear in the franchise so far.

zTDwL.jpg

Professor is on to something!
and then he starts reading the magazine out loud...

The totally :firehawk discussion between Minako and the idol felt a bit forced, but it served its purpose of showing off his pure heart, so it worked out in the end.

I'm really wondering what's going to happen to Mimete,
she's being played as a complete comedy character, but the show hastily reminded us that she did kill/get rid of Eudial, so she's not all nice and bubbly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom