• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon S 114

This must be the third or fourth Minako episode in S already? Everyone of them has been great though, so I'm not complaining.

Mimette would make a great yandere. Every scene with the Death Busters is great, they're by far my favorite villains to appear in the franchise so far.

The totally :firehawk discussion between Minako and the idol felt a bit forced, but it served its purpose of showing off his pure heart, so it worked out in the end.

I'm really wondering what's going to happen to Mimete,
she's being played as a complete comedy character, but the show hastily reminded us that she did kill/get rid of Eudial, so she's not all nice and bubbly...

Minako makes everything better. No exceptions.

This leads me to wonder, what Shaft productions (if any) don't bill Shinbo as the director?

Some slightly older works back when they collaborated with Gainax.

Mahoromatic, Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai, Popotan, He Is My Master

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TLRD: Way too many shots of Lalaruna.

WHERE'S GOLDEN DARKNESS?

sonicmj1

Paranoia Agent 5

or

Chuunibyou demo Hero ni Naritai!

jYBsvNcSzpxFa.png

This episode was definitely a bit of a curveball.

While there's some neat stuff going on in this episode (the way the cops exist inside the character's delusions is very reminiscent of Millennium Actress), I felt like the show was kind of spinning its wheels here. It's like a fancy recap episode, going over old ground.

Though the chief is focused on the literal truth of events, his partner realizes that the subjective delusion might be the key to unraveling the reason behind everything. I guess we'll see where that path leads next episode.

This stronger focus on the Shonen Bat mystery doesn't hold the same attraction to me as the stuff in the series' first third.

cajunator

Banned
Paranoia Agent 5

or

Chuunibyou demo Hero ni Naritai!

While there's some neat stuff going on in this episode (the way the cops exist inside the character's delusions is very reminiscent of Millennium Actress), I felt like the show was kind of spinning its wheels here. It's like a fancy recap episode, going over old ground.

Though the chief is focused on the literal truth of events, his partner realizes that the subjective delusion might be the key to unraveling the reason behind everything. I guess we'll see where that path leads next episode.

This stronger focus on the Shonen Bat mystery doesn't hold the same attraction to me as the stuff in the series' first third.

Oh yes. I remember this episode vividly. It was definitely a strange diversion from the main story. But Satoshi Kon was known for stuff like that.

BluWacky

http://twitpic.com/ahkv21/full

j1YnUMaQXOI84.jpg

FJOhoswiafhafsafnga nofieahgtahiogfhai there is a trailer at Comiket after all? epiahpitahe ptgnepatjepa..

Isn't this the same trailer that's on the show's website? That shot's certainly in there, it's at the end of the trailer (admittedly I think the website's had a stealth update as I don't remember it looking like it does now the last time I saw it...).

EDIT - yes, they've updated the website today with the PV, that's why I hadn't seen it before!

Haven't seen it with sound on yet as I'm at work but honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed, it doesn't look like a Bones show at all, no interesting animation in the PV. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

7Th

Yeah, it's been revealed that the character designer is Akai Toshifumi who did the animation character designs for Sora no Woto and the currently airing Kokoro Connect. Both of which many people, myself included, say reminds them of K-On!'s designs. While I can see this looking at the designs posted in some of the pictures, others times they still look a lot like Atsushi Nishigori's designs, such as used in The Idolm@ster, to me.

Akai was really involved in Idolm@ster; I'm not surprised he picked up a few traits from Nishigori's style.

Gundam Wing 34 - 37

Relena fails at making decisions, one bad decision after another
Dissolving the Sanc Kingdom when she has the gundams, and then agreeing to be the Queen of the Romefeller foundation
. Epyon and Wing Zero are pretty cool and with the right pilots I cant wait to see how this goes.
Dont understand what happened to Trowa though, surely he cant be memory wiped or afraid forever? Hopefully Duo can pull him out of it somehow, as I think its getting close for everyone to finally reunite again

duckroll

Isn't this the same trailer that's on the show's website? That shot's certainly in there, it's at the end of the trailer (admittedly I think the website's had a stealth update as I don't remember it looking like it does now the last time I saw it...).

EDIT - yes, they've updated the website today with the PV, that's why I hadn't seen it before!

Haven't seen it with sound on yet as I'm at work but honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed, it doesn't look like a Bones show at all, no interesting animation in the PV. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

OMG! Site update!!!!!

http://www.zetsuen.net

The PV sure is interesting. It doesn't look very "BONES" but the colors are really really striking in a good way. I don't really know how to describe it, but I like the way it looks.

Theonik

What is that, a DS game?
If it were we all know what features would be for the bottom screen.

For those who aren't up to date with PdotMichael's naming conventions, this is Chuunibyo, Kyoani's upcoming show.
AKA AOTY

PV for the Crazy Girl Anime
http://youtu.be/ud0fDdXHnYc
OH YES!

Air wasnt garbage and neither was Clannad or K-On.
K-ON! wasn't KEY though.

This is true.
SHAFT is god tier mahou shoujo extraordinaire.
Toei am cry.
Edit:
Some new images for TLRD:
Too Long Ridn't Dead?
looks interesting

OMG! Site update!!!!!

The PV sure is interesting. It doesn't look very "BONES" but the colors are really really striking in a good way. I don't really know how to describe it, but I like the way it looks.

Love the music!

As far as visuals go, the trailer doesn't really reveal enough for me to confidently judge the show's visual style, but it looks alright. The character art on the website is certainly attractive.

duckroll

We might not have the Magi PV yet, but don't lose hope! Aniplex has uploaded low-res direct feed versions of this month's magazine spreads!

iYcCXlrOSKXzY.png

imOid6eIIVtuz.png

iSY6kaO25YEBe.png

iDp4ulDDnz8kH.png

We might not have the Magi PV yet, but don't lose hope! Aniplex has uploaded low-res direct feed versions of this month's magazine spreads!

I'm not fond of the way the young blue-haired character (is that Aladdin?) looks with that half-row of teeth showing in his smile. He looks better in his main key visual. Looks good otherwise.

OMG! Site update!!!!!

tumblr_m8jmz6KbTA1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Loved the music and the character designs and everything, really excited for it and glad they delivered. Its impossible to pick a favorite!

I wonder how DTL feels about this...

Both characters in the middle are excellent and the one of right is the most superior, that pose. This will hopefully be real good.

Cwarrior

iYcCXlrOSKXzY.png

imOid6eIIVtuz.png

iSY6kaO25YEBe.png

I don't like how it looks, I don't know what to call this overused art style but it looks like idole master too me, as matter of fact a lot of things look like idole master like robotic;notes.

I say idolemaster cause it's the most recent one I can think of, maybe that's the art they teach in anime school.

Magi looks better in black and white.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rinne no Lagrange 17
Somewhere along the way this show got seriously lost in muddled space politics, with the character relationships becoming more diluted as the story moves further and further along. Somehow things flew even further off the deep end in this episode and there quite legitimately is nothing other than the music bringing me back anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom