• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this image is stuck in my head >_<
Success.
Compared to this season, everything would look like a masterpiece.
This season has turned out pretty well, imo.

Shows I'm enjoying: SAO, Muv-Luv, Jinrui, and Binbougami
Shows gaffers have said good things about: Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Kokoro Connect, Joshiraku, Tari Tari, Uta Koi
Bonus: YuruYuri S2, Rinne no Lagrange S2, and the continuation of Hyouka

Dresden

LIST TIME!

watching:

Natsuyuki
Hyouka
Eureka Seven Ao
Joshiraku
Oda Nobuna
Accel World
SAO

may go back at some point:

Binbougami-ga
Jinrui

duckroll

I get the feeling that a few of Crunchys streaming contracts, particularly with Aniplex shows, probably stipulate that they're only allowed to stream it after certain major broadcasting partners have shown the episode in question. I mean, remember iDOLM@STER? That was constantly several weeks behind the first Japanese broadcast due to how spread the broadcast was in Japan.

I rather suspect the MBS delay is what's causing the hold-up here, so we may well be waiting an extra week for seven as well.

That makes sense. CR is not a Japanese company either, so it would probably look bad if they got to stream it before major networks air it. I wonder what this means for future episodes though. Is CR going to be delayed for ep8 as well? Or will they simply release two episodes next, next week?

Soma

Still watching:

Sword Art Online - Not digging the current arc but I'm still enjoying the world that it's been taking place in.
Natsuyuki Rendezvous - I need to get caught up and get my weekly fix of feels.
Binbougami Ga!- I've kinda been losing motivation to watch this lately for some reason...
Jinrui - I'm still enjoying this show a lot despite the downgrade in quality of the last several episodes.
Hyouka - Show is still so damn good.

The show I'm enjoying the most this season just happens to be carried over from Spring. lol.

cajunator

Banned
Tsuritama was really good. I fell for the show from the first episode but managed to keep up with it to the end.
I wish there was more.
It was a happy show with a great art style that you dont see often enough in anime.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Awesome.

On an unrelated note, the Utena DVD box sets still have the best packaging I have seen. They will be mine soon, god dammit!

You mean the Nozomi ones? Yeah, they're pretty great, though the actual disc cases the dvds are in are pretty plasticy and just a little too flexible, it can make getting the disc out be a pain at first. Still a wonderful boxset, though.

fertygo

Ghost NTR 5-6
Lololololol, the ghost guy is big douche.. He cut other person hair (but the haircut is really nice) with no regard to humanity, he makes better Hazuki than Hazuki himself though.. and so much FEEL like always. Damn I can't imagine if in Ghost guy position.

And I thought the show at its best moment now.

cajunator

Banned
You mean the Nozomi ones? Yeah, they're pretty great, though the actual disc cases the dvds are in are pretty plasticy and just a little too flexible, it can make getting the disc out be a pain at first. Still a wonderful boxset, though.

Its a way better set than the original Utena boxsets. Those were in a thin cardboard box and extremely cheap plastic dvd cases.

Aniplex by far has the nicest packaging.
Geneon had some very nice releases as well.

cajunator

Banned
One of my favorite packaging designs was the Read Or Die Tv series.
It was a case shaped like a leather book with each "page" being a plastic holding case for a dvd. It wasnt the very best quality but it looks really slick.
I can take a photo if you want.

I think my next show will be the original FMA, I wanna know in wich episode it takes its own path? I already watched FMA:B and dont wanna watch double episodes. :p

trejo

LIST TIME!

watching:

Natsuyuki
Hyouka
Eureka Seven Ao
Joshiraku
Oda Nobuna
Accel World
SAO

may go back at some point:

Binbougami-ga
Jinrui

Watching:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Binbougami ga
Kokoro Connect
Wagnaria Online
Dawg Days S2
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Continuing from previous season:

Space Bros
Hyouka
E7 AO

On thin ice:

Yuru Yuri S2

Texhnolyze 15

Caim why would you do that to your hair ;_; Toyama,
your bro status has been suspended. Stop enabling Caim's dips into the dark side, god damn it.
Onishi is such a boss.

please tell me my waifu isn't dead.
:|

Texhnolyze 16

Oh thank god. Crisis averted.

Except not because
Yoshii 2: Texhnohacker Boogaloo has just moved in and he has a goddamn army of cyborgs with high-tech SCIENCE guns. Fuck.
Am I misunderstanding or are
the soldiers implied to be the Lux citizens that the Ghost has converted?

I know I haven't mentioned him much, but I really like Shinji, as well. It's neat how he's grown up over the course of the series, even if(because?) it's wearing him down all the while.

---

Writing that out, it occurred to me that Texhnolyze has a surprising amount of genuinely likeable characters considering how grimdark it is.

And for all the pacing complaints this series seems to get, my plot-centric impressions still leave out a ton of content from every episode. Stuff is constantly happening all over Lux, and the characters change, evolve, and regress.

edit: also, it's almost 8am and I'm running on empty at this point. Apologies for my rambling.

Watching:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Binbougami ga
Kokoro Connect
Wagnaria Online
Dawg Days S2
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Continuing from previous season:

Space Bros
Hyouka
E7 AO

On thin ice:

Yuru Yuri S2
How can one watch so little?

Watching
Accel World
Arcana Famiglia
Area no Kishi
Bonbougami ga!
Campione!
Eureka Seven AO
Fairy Tail
Ginga e Kickoff! (next week it comes back?)
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Hakuouki Reimeiroku
Hunter x Hunter
Hyouka
Kingdom
Koi ro Senkyo to Chocolate (next week it comes back, I think)
Kokoro Connect
Kuroko's Basketball
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
Mawaru Penguindrum
Gundam Age
Gundam Seed HD
Gundam Wing
Muv Kuv Alternative Total Eclipse
Naruto Shippuden
One Piece
Phantom Requiem for the Phantom
Phi Brain 2
Naruto SD
Saint Seiya Omega
Scryed
Sengoku Collection
SKET Dance
Sword Art Online
Tanken Driland
Toriko
Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Rewatching
Bleach
Guilty Crown
Mirai Nikki
Persona 4 Animation
Soul Eater

Starting soon
Blue Submarine no. 6
Ai no Kusabi (old)
Eureka Seven

Taruranto

Texhnolyze 15

Caim why would you do that to your hair ;_; Toyama,
your bro status has been suspended. Stop enabling Caim's dips into the dark side, god damn it.
Onishi is such a boss.

please tell me my waifu isn't dead.
:|

Texhnolyze 16

Oh thank god. Crisis averted.

Except not because
Yoshii 2: Texhnohacker Boogaloo has just moved in and he has a goddamn army of cyborgs with high-tech SCIENCE guns. Fuck.
Am I misunderstanding or are
the soldiers implied to be the Lux citizens that the Ghost has converted?

I know I haven't mentioned him much, but I really like Shinji, as well. It's neat how he's grown up over the course of the series, even if(because?) it's wearing him down all the while.

---

Writing that out, it occurred to me that Texhnolyze has a surprising amount of genuinely likeable characters considering how grimdark it is.

And for all the pacing complaints this series seems to get, my plot-centric impressions still leave out a ton of content from every episode. Stuff is constantly happening all over Lux, and the characters change, evolve, and regress.

edit: also, it's almost 8am and I'm running on empty at this point. Apologies for my rambling.

For some reason i couldn't connect with Texhnolyze characters. The second half was a bore for me.

wonzo

Banned
Binbougami ga! 6
binbou6.jpg

They did a pretty good job of wrapping this little plotline. It's a shame that this is only planned for 1 cour but at-least there's the manga to read after this.
rip nadeshiko ;_;

Defuser

Let's see...I'm watching :

Accel World
Binbougami-ga!
Dog Days S2
Eureka 7 AO
Hyouka
Kokoro Connect
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Jinrui Suitai Shimashita
Moyashimon Returns
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Phi Brain S2
Rinne no Lagrange S2
Space Bros
Sket Dance
Sword Art Online
Tari Tari
Yuru Yuri S2

So basically everyday I got something to watch.

Firemind

Yellow is pretty adorable and funny and Purple has a refined sense of humour. Black and Green are eh. One screams and the other punches people.

wonzo

Banned
Moyashimon Returns 6

Holy shit, these school festival's are absolutely amazing! It's a shame that the same can't be said for the rather half-assed
Hasegawa marriage plotline
which just feels really out of place but thankfully the rest of the episode more than easily made up for it. Plus, the backgrounds are really, really well done in this show:

How heavy is Joshiraku on the puns and references to Japanese language? I only watched a bit of the first episode, but it felt like something that you can't get the full impact of without knowing Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom