• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
joshirakuganwhack.gif

Why are you taking shots at Green? Red wants to be Green.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ghost NTR 6

Show manages to be consistently good.. not great, necessarily, but pretty damn good. It also usually ends each episode at just the right point. How the fuck do they do that every time? I want more, but also strangely satisfied...

This is also the official show of ugly hats and ugly haircuts.

cajunator

Banned
It isn't that expensive. If you use glasses all the time, it is definitely worth happening.

Do you have insurance? That is how much my Georgio Armani glasses cost with 1.65 High Index Lenses.

Nah. I bought two pairs out of pocket.
I also got that anti-reflective coating.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku 20

Being Wakaba is suffering.

Utena needs to grow up and stop being quite so clueless. :(

BluWacky

Seriously?Steins gate,Level E,kaiji S2,Troiko, Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san and Fate zero S1 came out in 2011.

Come on 2011 wasn't that bad.

Don't like Okarin and the supporting cast push too many VN cliche buttons for me, not funny to me, I find Kaiji ridiculous, hate battle shounen, not funny to me, don't like any of the characters.

I have very, VERY particular tastes in anime these days. I think I only finished two shows last year - Penguin Drum and Blood C. And I genuinely like Blood C a LOT.

Thus far this year I've only finished Apollon and will hopefully finish Natsuyuki Rendezvous, but everything else I started I either didn't like or got bored with after a single cour (Space Bros.and Seiya Omega).

I'm not saying there weren't other shows of a good standard - I cb recognise a well made show when I see it even if it isn't to my taste (shows like Gurrenn Lagann, for instance) But PingDrum had me tuning in religiously each week, overanalysing every minute of it, marvelling at the invention behind it all etc. And that's the kind of thing I want from anime - to be inspired and impressed.

Now that FUNi has updated their site for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, will I be missing out out any story plot if I have not completed watching Toaru Majutsu no Index? None of the episodes for Railgun are available yet, but I assume they should be soon or will be at least for EVS members.

Narag

Sword Art Online 6

I'm beginning to think this is like Fujiko Mine where the show is better when the lead is in a supporting role.
Fully expected this garbage murder mystery resolution although the existence of a PKing assassin's guild was cool. I hope they get some more screentime. Grimrock's motivations were awful too.

Fucking lost it when his
sandwich died.
Jesus lol

Kuroko no Basket 19

Hm3YL.gif

Teppei is awesome.

Finally done with that stupid long game. The aftermath of it was nice to see. And, it does look like training arcs or whatever, so go go go!

mAcOdIn

Now that FUNi has updated their site for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, will I be missing out out any story plot if I have not completed watching Toaru Majutsu no Index? None of the episodes for Railgun are available yet, but I assume they should be soon or will be at least for EVS members.
Not really, there's very little continuation between the two aside from some characters that appear in both.

Now how far did you get in Index is the real question before I could say anything with certainty. If you finished Index season one then you can watch Railgun and 100% not miss or misunderstand a single thing. If you have not watched all of Index season one than there will be one breif moment near the end of Railgun where, spoilers ahead,
Touma acts as if he's unfamiliar with Misaka because it's his first time meeting her after he's gotten amnesia
but that's a minor thing.

Dresden

Sword Art Online - 06

• why not just check the friends list from the start?
  • the most profound death of a sandwich ever
  • Asuna sucks
  • So basically,
    Grimlock killed her because she wasn't his cute and obedient waifu anymore.
    Typical nerd. The
    breakdown
    later was even lamer. Shit is lame.
  • Glop.
    i2BMcl.jpg

At least episode seven should be fun. Don't believe kayos90's lies.

I wish companies would release a physical copy of every show they license, even if its just limited edition.

but funimation does release a physical copy of every show they license, I believe. (well except for that funimation x niconico endeavour). Assuming this is for index and railgun, both should be out this year on disc

Now to tackle todays anime after the disappointing, dark knight rises :/

cajunator

Banned
So Funi is about to release a show called Shangri-la.
The character designer is Range Murata and I loooooove Range's designs.
How the fuck did I miss this?
I wanna buy it.

mAcOdIn

So Funi is about to release a show called Shangri-la.
The character designer is Range Murata and I loooooove Range's designs.
How the fuck did I miss this?
I wanna buy it.
You missed it by the grace of God, don't overlook his kindness and buy it anyways when clearly the Devil has put this show before you now.

I sure as hell wish I missed it when it came out.

but funimation does release a physical copy of every show they license, I believe. (well except for that funimation x niconico endeavour). Assuming this is for index and railgun, both should be out this year on disc

It depends. They have some streaming/ "simulcast" shows that don't have a physical release planned out yet.

One example is that they won't release Rainbow on BD/DVD.

cajunator

Banned
You missed it by the grace of God, don't overlook his kindness and buy it anyways when clearly the Devil has put this show before you now.

I dunno.
The artwork of this and Fractale make me really want both of them.
Maybe im overly curious but blind buying hasnt really failed me up till now.
Whats bad about it anyway?
And more importantly, whats good about it?

trejo

This is Cajunator, though. His standards are not limited by the same constrictions that bind mere mortals such as you or I.

mAcOdIn

I dunno.
The artwork of this and Fractale make me really want both of them.
Maybe im overly curious but blind buying hasnt really failed me up till now.
Whats bad about it anyway?
And more importantly, whats good about it?
Haha, I can safely say Shangri-la and Fractale wholeheartedly deserve to be mentioned in the same breath, they're both terrible.

As for the good, well the main girl's design was cool enough and got me to watch a a few episodes, as for the bad, well there's everything else. Plot, characters, music, animation, dialog, tale your pick, it all sucks.
This is Cajunator, though. His standards are not limited by the same constrictions that bind mere mortals such as you or I.
I find him a somewhat frightening character.

cajunator

Banned

Well I do have SOME standards but one thing I have noticed is that a lot of times I seem to greatly enjoy shows that some of you guys find disgusting.
I enjoy buying some shows that seem to come from out of nowhere because there is usually some interesting content. Im not happy just watching what everybody agrees is good.
Maybe Im just weird.

Soma

SAO Episode 06

ibuPh93SS7RnZt.jpg
iCruqPoeuadl2.jpg

Yeah this whole episode or more specifically the whole arc was just pretty dumb for reasons mentioned earlier on this page. I've been on board with the show so far but this is the first time where I kinda just internally groaned whenever a 'startling revelation' popped up. Ugh. Hoping the next episode or story is better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom