• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuruyuri S1 09:

You are already dead, Akarin!

So they're coming up with ways to try and scare Ayano. Chitanda just wants to bully Akarin because frankly, who doesn't in this show? This episode is like the one from S2 of K-On where they just spend the day being hot in the club room.

Yui ties up hair, Chitanda-radar, ACTIVATE!

That's how it always works, say you're going to see a ghost upon opening a door and BAM! There it is. And now there's some scientist chicka in the house who can understand the mute Student President who is not a ghost. Apparently they're explosion friends. Seems legit.

Joshiraku 4
yUr8Y.jpg

Everyone's got a fetish.
They sure like to talk about nipples. And asses.
All of this is ok with me.
cp1u9.jpg

I knew I started watching this show for a reason.

Taruranto

It will be a movie about penguins turning into cars.

Kamba and Shouma will replace Anthy and Utena in the ending sequence, you read it first here.

flawfuls

SAO 6

The whole "there was a real ghost all along" thing is overdone and always stupid, but in the context of an MMO it is just ridiculous.

Cwarrior

Don't like Okarin and the supporting cast push too many VN cliche buttons for me, not funny to me, I find Kaiji ridiculous, hate battle shounen, not funny to me, don't like any of the characters.

I have very, VERY particular tastes in anime these days. I think I only finished two shows last year - Penguin Drum and Blood C. And I genuinely like Blood C a LOT.

Thus far this year I've only finished Apollon and will hopefully finish Natsuyuki Rendezvous, but everything else I started I either didn't like or got bored with after a single cour (Space Bros.and Seiya Omega).

I'm not saying there weren't other shows of a good standard - I cb recognise a well made show when I see it even if it isn't to my taste (shows like Gurrenn Lagann, for instance) But PingDrum had me tuning in religiously each week, overanalysing every minute of it, marvelling at the invention behind it all etc. And that's the kind of thing I want from anime - to be inspired and impressed.

rFIZ8.gif

Interesting my initial reaction to this post was "Does Not Compute"but after thinking about it for while, what those anime have in common is there all very poorly written, so i think that would make you a connoisseur of poorly written stories.

or maybe you just dislike stories that follow logic.

Personally myself I don't really have a preference just a long list of things I dislike, as long as it's quality,entertaining and avoids having things I hate am fine.

Gundam Wing 44 - 49 (end)
tumblr_m8hh3lLodv1rnzpuno1_500.jpg

Really amazing. I struggle to find anything that I disliked about it beyond Relena's initial presentation and voice acting showing but
when she finally actually rose to power and contributed to some interesting moments with Dorothy for awhile and at least made Heero seem somehwat sentimental at times, I was kind of thinking she ended up being somewhat decent
. Thus far my favorite protagonists and story of the Gundams Ive seen, with Duo, Quatre, and Heero being my favorites. Wufei was alright but a bit too much of an on his own type of guy and Trowa was just Trowa, just the happy medium normal type of guy. The chemistry between the Gundam pilots was great whenever two of them interacted and when there four or five they were really memorable. They are all such great friends and really Quatre or Duo with everyone else was the highlight. Duo had the best personality, Heero with the best MS skills, Quatre for excellent strategy and ability to round them all up, Duo for best MS and nickname (God of Death, Deathsythe), and Trowa for best support. Everyone bonding with the Gundams was well done and even trusting in them too. Triez and Zechs were also good and delivered on the type of storyline with best friends fighting that I like for stories to have as they always make for really emotional and intense dramatic moments and both characters always had great lines and philosophical speeches
and thank goodness for Triez's development of mobile suits and taking part in fighting as well as Zechs rise to power on the frontlines of space
. Noin and Une were definitely really well done and a valuable asset to have for all times in the anime too, so I must commend them.

Plot
It seemed every group of 10 episodes got better and better. The best was the constant shift in who the enemy was with it being the Alliance, then Oz, then Romefeller, then White Fang, then all, and how the leaders shuffled out to lead to the ultimate match up with Libre and using it against Earth, just the final nine episodes had me on edge as they threatened to destroy the world and all armed weapons. Whoever wrote this did a good job with both characters, suspense, and drama.
10, probably on my favorite anime ever list.

Thanks to those whom suggested it! Thanks to anime channel/bandai for having it all on youtube and keeping the comments enabled, there were some really hilarious comments (and spoilers :( )...but it was entertaining. And I guess I will now check out Endless Waltz...and then browse those 40000 gundam wing fanfics, and what in the world is Frozen teardrop?

cajunator

Banned
Those girls actually make me want to watch the show but it seems like a boring premise. Still though, those are some good looking characters.

Well its like azudai, lucky star, acchi kocchi, nichijou....there is no premise.
It is literally just cute girls doing cute things for no reason other than otaku enjoyment.
If you want something more, Joshiraku isnt your show.
You might like Galaxy Angel though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Really amazing. I struggle to find anything that I disliked about it beyond Relena's initial presentation and voice acting showing but
when she finally actually rose to power and contributed to some interesting moments with Dorothy for awhile and at least made Heero seem somehwat sentimental at times, I was kind of thinking she ended up being somewhat decent
. Thus far my favorite protagonists and story of the Gundams Ive seen, with Duo, Quatre, and Heero being my favorites. Wufei was alright but a bit too much of an on his own type of guy and Trowa was just Trowa, just the happy medium normal type of guy. The chemistry between the Gundam pilots was great whenever two of them interacted and when there four or five they were really memorable. They are all such great friends and really Quatre or Duo with everyone else was the highlight. Duo had the best personality, Heero with the best MS skills, Quatre for excellent strategy and ability to round them all up, Duo for best MS and nickname (God of Death, Deathsythe), and Trowa for best support. Everyone bonding with the Gundams was well done and even trusting in them too. Triez and Zechs were also good and delivered on the type of storyline with best friends fighting that I like for stories to have as they always make for really emotional and intense dramatic moments and both characters always had great lines and philosophical speeches
and thank goodness for Triez's development of mobile suits and taking part in fighting as well as Zechs rise to power on the frontlines of space
. Noin and Une were definitely really well done and a valuable asset to have for all times in the anime too, so I must commend them.

Plot
It seemed every group of 10 episodes got better and better. The best was the constant shift in who the enemy was with it being the Alliance, then Oz, then Romefeller, then White Fang, then all, and how the leaders shuffled out to lead to the ultimate match up with Libre and using it against Earth, just the final nine episodes had me on edge as they threatened to destroy the world and all armed weapons. Whoever wrote this did a good job with both characters, suspense, and drama.

Thanks to those whom suggested it! Thanks to anime channel/bandai for having it all on youtube and keeping the comments enabled, there were some really hilarious comments (and spoilers :( )...but it was entertaining. And I guess I will now check out Endless Waltz...and then browse those 40000 gundam wing fanfics, and what in the world is Frozen teardrop?

You should watch Gundam Seed.

jman2050

The premise is that Kumeta has shit to say and "cute Rakugo girls" is what he pulled out of his hat of deranged ramblings he wrote down while high on coke one weekend afternoon.

Narag

Nichijou 25

I'm so ready for this to be over. Forcing all the Shinonome Laboratory elements together sort of undermined earlier skits by how unnecessary it was. So much for persistence just for the sake of it.

HgFQol.jpg

Dynamic yet boring.

Alright so quick qustion. It's hard to keep up with anime these days and I just wanted to ask what anime's have been good so far. Right now im watching hyouka
my waifu irisu
, sword art online, and oda nobunaga. Anything i'm missing?

trejo

Alright so quick qustion. It's hard to keep up with anime these days and I just wanted to ask what anime's have been god so far. Right now im watching hyouka
my waifu irisu

Natsuyuki Rendezvous.

Orlandu84

I sorta liked the episode, but it had a couple of flaws.
First, it had too many shifts in time and space which caused the plot to become confused at point.
Second, the trope of
"there really was a ghost" is a cliche.
As others have mentioned, its presence made the the episode worse.
Nonetheless, I will say that the idea behind this sub plot
changed relationship due to change in personality from playing the MMO
was a good idea.

Taruranto

Plot

Go watch Toward the Terra now!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4786663518067226046

I have a figurine of princess Biscotti and her ahoge is the stuff of dreams.
So adorable it hurts.

A milfie fig is actually something i might order in the near future ....

BUt now that the second season started .. i want a fig of nearly everyone so 'im confused as i don't have nearly enough money...

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I' need another drink??... I'm Getting another drink!!

[/b]Accel Wrorld 9!

Yuniko is so awesmoe all that rage, freckles and rshes a redgirl.

but I love you guys so much, IRC isfun even when I'm jsut, You're all such nakama even the the ones that I don't understand. but just stop calling me lewd.

Do you guys also skip OPs/? I always skip em after the first time I watch but always watch the EDs everytime OPs > Eds generally speaking!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Alright so quick qustion. It's hard to keep up with anime these days and I just wanted to ask what anime's have been good so far. Right now im watching hyouka
my waifu irisu

Well, you've got the highlights of what's currently airing covered as far as entertainment value goes.

I might recommend Binbougami ga!, Tari Tari, or Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita. They're all pretty watchable.

Narag

Nichijou 26

Finally. Closure on some elements was nice and more than I expected.

This sure was... something. Many words come to mind to describe this. Words such as funny, touching, well animated, uneven, overlong and even meandering are all appropriate. The skit based presentation is simultaneously the best and worst part of this show. The highs are as high as can be but it's so hard to sit through the lulls to get to them when the show underdelivers as it too often does. I'd be hardpressed to recommend the whole series to anyone as a result. May it live forever via gifs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom