• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam 00 Season 2 END
I actually liked this season alot. It got a little weird and I got really tired of the constant upgrade/new model/new mode/instant repairs every episode. It was much better than the last half of the first season.
Biggest issues with the overall show were; lack of character development/screen time and
they really felt like they just killed character off because they could, that was the only reasons many characters were even around.
'Lockon' is definitely my second favorite Gundam pilot(after Heero) with the Dynames being my favorite Gundam.

Dynames over 00 Raiser?! I think if I ordered the cast it'd be Setsuna F Seiei, then Allelujah Haptism, then Saji Crossroads, then Lockon, and Ribbons Hallmark. What didnt you like on the end of the first season again?

Bleach 266

Oh hey, no more sword beast nonsense. And, it's a recap. An awkwardly made recap. Slow down some of the scenes, narrator the action out of the other scenes. Oh sure, don't slow down Orihime's speech, that's really important!

You actually wanted to hear Inoue's speech? They are finally coming up to my second favorite fight in the whole series (first was GrimIchi fight). Only issue with the anime for the upcoming one was the censorship thing they did :/

Defuser

Space Brothers ep 20
Amazing..simply amazing at the end. Such as simple way of deciding things yet the emotion put in and impact resulted is great. 20 episodes so far and each one doesn't disappoint.

So, is there something remotely as good as Fate Zero this season?
Unfortunately there isn't but there is a few decent shows such as Moyashimon Returns!(provided you watch the first season), Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Kokoro Connect, Jinrui Suitai Shimashita, Binbougami-ga!

Branduil

MAPPA.... :(

hlsc2.jpg

They have to stay alive somehow.

Cwarrior

KyoAni, MAPPA and maybe Bones~

Brains Base is dead to me until they start cranking out quality series again :(

Oh my, animeGaf has shit taste.

Indeed but then again I forget your a shafgan.

Mappa -died making a hammy drama highlighting the melodramatic misunderstanding of a many volume long bad drama manga, doesn't matter how well made bad stuff is it's still bad.

Kyoani- creatively bankrupted studio that has no ambition or motivation to ever attempted to make something of worth above there usual shovelshit( shovelshit is the equivalent of shovelware).

Bones is the only one that can die happy knowing they atoned for there sins by putting out Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood.

About brains base did I ever tell you about time they made baccano? no really they made baccano, I know it's so hard to believe this stuido once made stuff like baccano.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have the tendency to forget that those even exist. The thought of watching Clannad sounds marginally more exciting than, say, watching someone clip their toenails for an equivalent amount of time, but I guess I can't ignore something that's rated an eleventy-seven out of ten on MAL!

Gaoguu. Ugao~~~~.

Kokoro Connect 6
tumblr_m8mcwdhjEz1qzd219o2_500.gif

I think Im gonna dislike Inaba this whole arc, all over Taichi :/. The romance sets it up interestingly for Taichi if he likes Nagase but Inaba desires him but pushes him to her. I dont know how they will avoid this premise shaking up the friendship. I hope something somehow gets Aoki and Yui more involved.

1st ed > 2nd ed.

cajunator

Banned
:C

NO

I want a fucking ending!!!

But how can you not?
Unless you hate a show completely you shouldn't base it on a bad ending.
Yeah, the show has a non-ending but a lot of anime does.
The real lesson here is that a lot of times anime isn't about the ending, its about the ride.
How many shows have a great ending anyway?
Even if they do, it really doesn't change the shows content.
Many people choose to just enjoy the show as it goes.
Another group I guess might just judge it on the ending too but I think its wrong.
Not that I am a great judge of anything but I guess I see it differently.
Great shows do tend to end well though so maybe you have a point.
Anyway, I guess to each his own.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Kokoro Connect 06:

Meh, this wrinkle seems kinda dumb. The random body swapping was at least interesting in that you never knew who was going to randomly end up in who's body, but this one's gonna be predictably melodramatic. Oh well.

Never realized Hulu puts this up so early on Sundays.

Rinne no Lagrange 2 ep 6
tumblr_m8ngqxNGRb1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The Ovid's fighting and everything was pretty well done especially with Kirius Izo and Array remaining relevant to the plot and still getting lots of screentime. Probably my favorite episode of this season thus far for Lagrange as Yurigano is a good character
true feelings were shared and she has actually good Ovid piloting skills
lots of pretty visual and lasers and beam swords,
friendship bonding moments with Yurigano, Dizelmine, and even Villaguilio
. However the episode kind of feels out of place, really it felt like it would have worked for a series conclusion.

But how can you not?
Unless you hate a show completely you shouldn't base it on a bad ending.
Yeah, the show has a non-ending but a lot of anime does.
The real lesson here is that a lot of times anime isn't about the ending, its about the ride.
How many shows have a great ending anyway?
Even if they do, it really doesn't change the shows content.
Many people choose to just enjoy the show as it goes.
Another group I guess might just judge it on the ending too but I think its wrong.
Not that I am a great judge of anything but I guess I see it differently.
Great shows do tend to end well though so maybe you have a point.
Anyway, I guess to each his own.

2012-03-25-229.png

Don't get me wrong, I loved all twelve episodes of this, but a bad ending or a complete lack of ending seriously detracts from the show. There are shows like Mushishi that don't need an ending, but this is definitely a story that did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom