• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hellsing OVA - 07

9qR5q.jpg
pp09R.png

Wow, just wow. This episode was just fantastic.

While
their relationship (Pip and Seras' [I'll start using Ceres now]) wasn't really developed that well at all, their first and last kiss was still pretty powerful to me. I mean, the sight of the two of them struggling to hold on for dear life--one of which was blinded and missing an arm--while trying to reach each other... was just intense. And for Pip to pull her in for that kiss just made it so.damn.perfect.

It's ironic how she believed that
becoming a complete vampire meant she would lose the little humanity she had left, yet it were those same feelings (love and loss) that made her reach the next level.

Also gotta say that the song choice for that scene,
Ceres' transformation into a complete vampire
, as well as the credits fit their respective tones really well.

Narag

speaking of SAO 6

Didn't they fucking just ate a sandwich together? Why are they eating out like a few min right after?

I'm pretty sure the passage of time is implied here since he took the time to visit the graveyard on the other floor. It's not like he's running around all noclip.

Nevermind, I didn't pick up it wasn't shown in chronological order.

Uchip

Banned
Hellsing OVA - 07

Wow, just wow. This episode was just fantastic.

While
their relationship (Pip and Seras' [I'll start using Ceres now]) wasn't really developed that well at all, their first and last kiss was still pretty powerful to me. I mean, the sight of the two of them struggling to hold on for dear life--one of which was blinded and missing an arm--while trying to reach each other... was just intense. And for Pip to pull her in for that kiss just made it so.damn.perfect.

It's ironic how she believed that
becoming a complete vampire meant she would lose the little humanity she had left, yet it were those same feelings (love and loss) that made her reach the next level.

Also gotta say that the song choice for that scene,
Ceres' transformation into a complete vampire
, as well as the credits fit their respective tones really well.

probably the peak of hellsing ultimate imo
then it starts to make less and less sense

Im not sure if the second season was licensed here or not.
Did you get season 1 also?

im talking about the first season :'(

I'm pretty sure the passage of time is implied here since he took the time to visit the graveyard on the other floor. It's not like he's running around all noclip.

So how does the floors thing even work? Can you fast travel between floors, or is there just one long path from beginning of the game to the end?

Hyouka 17
tumblr_m8nzvdLgqK1rsratxo1_500.jpg

That entire conclusion to the arc was well done, especially the first seven minutes in second half. That was so worth it. Oreki Houtarou has to, so far be, one of the best protagonists this year.
the revelation of all the events, and the solution, and just this whole elaborate scheme

Otherwise lots of the scenes keep giving me the odd impression that Satoshi just needs to make some sort of confession of sorts or something with Oreki, even Ibara sees it now too, and Houtarou seems to at least confide everything in him, it would definitely make Satoshi much happier I bet. It reminds me of so many plotlines and stuff from other stories Ive read.

Tari Tari 7

Sawa has too much tits for jockey life.

ibt29LOjWbQkSf.gif

ooc.jpg

Was this really necessary? Show has been relatively classy so far.

This story arc feels... forced? Was there signs pointing to this in earlier eps? Don't really recall seeing much of sawa's dad.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha, maybe for other shows I'd give that a try but with such visual splendor in both of these KyoAni shows, I want to try and take it all in.

I have to give Irisu my full undivided attention. Something I just recalled recently too was that her seiyuu also voices C.C. from Code Geass.
That's why you have two eyes! lol

Tari Tari 07

Done with someone's problems and onto another's.

I guess teenage dramas are what everyone has to face, mostly with what they have to do after graduating. At least there's more singing than what's on GLEE.

cajunator

Banned
probably the peak of hellsing ultimate imo
then it starts to make less and less sense

im talking about the first season :'(

That's too bad. Its a cute little light hearted series and more shoujo than anything, but it is admittedly very relaxed in its pacing.
The cg in it was kind of bad too.

Uchip

Banned
That's too bad. Its a cute little light hearted series and more shoujo than anything, but it is admittedly very relaxed in its pacing.
The cg in it was kind of bad too.

The girl on the cover looked cute and the genre wasnt perverted so I thought why not

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 18:

Wow... wow. Fukube giving me all sorts of feels. ;_; Hang in there, Fukube! Mayaka is with you!

But what REALLY surprised me was that
Oreki had already solved it, and the whole bit where Juumonji succeeds was scripted by Oreki and the culprit. Holy shit! Fukube was clearly not happy with that. He wanted to catch him, not let him get away. ;_;

Chitanda trying to work her magic on Oreki, but he really really can't submit this time. XD

cajunator

Banned
The girl on the cover looked cute and the genre wasnt perverted so I thought why not

Yeah, the first season was boring as hell, though I liked the concept art (from what I can remember of it) and thought it had some potential. I understand the second season is its own thing, though, so I'm curious.

It has a similar feel to it. Very slow and artistic. I guess this series just isnt your kind of thing.
Of course watching season two of this show isnt an assault on your senses so even if you dont like it its not going to leave you rocking back and forth in a corner crying.

Nafe

That's why you have two eyes! lol

Haha. Actually speaking of the K-ON! movie and little details, when the girls first arrive in London and Yui is saying things like "The sky of London", "A taxi in London", etc. that when she says "The English of London", on the sign it says "<- Air Canada". I thought that was pretty neat.

Have you seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yet? I can't recall. If you have, when Yuki says that Asakura has
moved to Canada as a cover story for defeating her and her not showing up at school anymore, I thought "Yeah! Canada!", Haha. Canada needs more love in Anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha. Actually speaking of the K-ON! movie and little details, when the girls first arrive in London and Yui is saying things like "The sky of London", "A taxi in London", etc. that when she says "The English of London", on the sign it says "<- Air Canada". I thought that was pretty neat.

Have you seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya yet? I can't recall. If you have, when Yuki says that Asakura has
moved to Canada as a cover story for defeating her and her not showing up at school anymore, I thought "Yeah! Canada!", Haha. Canada needs more love in Anime.
Canada, the dumping ground for dead bodies. :(

I get the feeling that was a photo-reference... but unless we can convince someone from London to go to Heathrow and look for that sign, we'll never know for sure. lol

Nafe

Canada, the dumping ground for dead bodies. :(

I get the feeling that was a photo-reference... but unless we can convince someone from London to go to Heathrow and look for that sign, we'll never know for sure. lol

Hmm, when you put it that way, it's kind of depressing. I was just thinking it was nice that of all the countries she could have picked to have her have gone to, she chose Canada.

As for the latter, it was more than likely only a photo reference but again, just seeing it there I thought was nice. Mio will forever have a picture of a sign that has Air Canada this way. Something about a private lounge too I think.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hellsing OVA - 08

Really crazy episode. I thought it was something of note when Alucard
pleaded to Anderson not to use the holy nail on himself. It just shows that while he is the king of night, he wouldn't wish anyone to become a monster like himself. More importantly, it felt as if he was hoping/expecting Anderson, if anyone, to be the one to take him down.

Going back a bit it was really nice to see
Alucard recognize Seras/Ceres as a full fledged vampire.
His smile (the first pic I posted) is far different from the usual ones we see where he's riled up. It's genuine, which makes that moment between the two so endearing.

Onto the next episode.

I found this image during the credits adorable. I wish they made an OVA of Iscariot XIII where the leads would be Heinkel and Yumiko. One can hope.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 04:

After much hesitation, I finally face up to what's happened in the series for the past few weeks.

In a vacuum, this was actually a highly entertaining episode. The "trapped in a manga" concept, the various parodic commentaries on the difficulties of creating successful manga, the "rankings" complication driving the characters to new levels of desperation, Watashi's bemused inner monologues and Y's fiery charisma and drive all made for a good experience. It was absurd, it was self-aware without being overbearingly so, and it was snappy with fun interaction and good dialogue.

Still, there's no overlooking the obvious--as much of an uncomfortable turn into otaku subject matter as episode three was, the level of initiation into the subculture required to understand the terms and concepts presented in this episode was vastly greater. The material is amusing to me because I understand it, but otaku culture references are undeniably the lowest form of anime humor and, furthermore, for the fascinating core themes of the show to be abandoned yet again in favor of unambitious, safe and, most egregiously, totally thematically irrelevant fanservice pander subject matter is an enormous disappointment. Jinrui is still great as a black comedy, but if it continues on this downward trajectory in terms of squandering its premise and failing to uphold the brilliance of the first two episodes (and, by all accounts, it has), it will lose any hope of being a noteworthy anime.

Texhnolyze 17

I don't mean to break your heart, Thoraxes, but...this wasn't that bad. Or perhaps more accurately, it could have been much worse.

-Shinji fucking owned Hal
-Caim didn't kill Doc
-Onishi is still alive
-Despite receiving relatively little screentime throughout the series, Kimata got to go out like a badass

That said, Lux seems well and truly fucked. The whole episode gave me
End of Evangelion
vibes, yet there are still five episodes left.

Fairy Tail 143

Doranbolt's obsession with Wendy is starting to get a bit creepy now. Dude doesn't need to ruin his whole life because some 12 year old girl he knew for like 5 hours disappeared.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kokoro Connect 6
Taichi you moron! You should have hit that!
Spoiler! said:

And speaking of Kokoro Connect... the series seems to be confirmed for 17 episodes, which goes up to and also includes the 4th volume.

Which means either we're getting BD-exclusive episodes, or web-streams for the last arc. Great!

That's what she's doing. She's not eating, but I assume when she's forced to eat due to social circumstances, she purged.
She's definitely trying to have anorexia, of the purging-type. Likely because of horse carrying weight limits for competitive horse racing or to make her more competitive.

You thought that slick ass school was built from clean money?
It all makes sense now. The Principal had an "accident." The entire school is a front for the Mafia.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm, when you put it that way, it's kind of depressing. I was just thinking it was nice that of all the countries she could have picked to have her have gone to, she chose Canada.

As for the latter, it was more than likely only a photo reference but again, just seeing it there I thought was nice. Mio will forever have a picture of a sign that has Air Canada this way. Something about a private lounge too I think.
In MariMite, whatshername (Yoko I think) cancelled a vacation to Canada to protect Yumi.

Also, someone needs to find this sign!
Jl65Dl.jpg

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 04:
Still, there's no overlooking the obvious--as much of an uncomfortable turn into otaku subject matter as episode three was, the level of initiation into the subculture required to understand the terms and concepts presented in this episode was vastly greater. The material is amusing to me because I understand it, but otaku culture references are undeniably the lowest form of anime humor and, furthermore, for the fascinating core themes of the show to be abandoned yet again in favor of unambitious, safe and, most egregiously, totally thematically irrelevant fanservice pander subject matter is an enormous disappointment. Jinrui is still great as a black comedy, but if it continues on this downward trajectory in terms of squandering its premise and failing to uphold the brilliance of the first two episodes (and, by all accounts, it has), it will lose any hope of being a noteworthy anime.
I think it never gets as far into the nerd stuff as the manga arc, thankfully. There are some opaque nerd references and whatnot, but it's more general nerdery than specific nerdery.

---

Oh yeah, here is the one Kokoro Connect spoiler cap from episode 06 that I suppose makes Inaba: http://i.imgur.com/FndR1l.jpg

Iori is still the Ichika though! lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
And speaking of Kokoro Connect... the series seems to be confirmed for 17 episodes, which goes up to and also includes the 4th volume.

Which means either we're getting BD-exclusive episodes, or web-streams for the last arc. Great!
How does that work? I really don't understand the weird airing times for these things... doesn't that leave the network hanging for 6 weeks of nothing to air? They can't fit in another anime at least.

Glee Tari Tari stuff:
She's definitely trying to have anorexia, of the purging-type. Likely because of horse carrying weight limits for competitive horse racing or to make her more competitive.
Yeah, I'm glad other people saw it too. I didn't want to read too much into that scene... but also, as I've said, I just have such low expectations for anime that I didn't think anime writers capable of writing such a story.

icecream

Public Health Threat
It most likely means they'll stop the broadcast airing after the 3rd arc (episode 13), and leave the last arc as BD-exlcusive/streaming only.

Of course, it'd be much more awesome if they would keep on going for a full 2-cours and animated the next two main arcs too.

How does that work? I really don't understand the weird airing times for these things... doesn't that leave the network hanging for 6 weeks of nothing to air? They can't fit in another anime at least.

Glee Tari Tari stuff:
Yeah, I'm glad other people saw it too. I didn't want to read too much into that scene... but also, as I've said, I just have such low expectations for anime that I didn't think anime writers capable of writing such a story.

well from the preview of the next eps... her tits probably don't have much to worry about.

Funny enough for a split sec I thought she got pregnant (that scene at the maternity ward in an earlier eps was foreshadowing!).

highschool anime needs more pregnant students because... idk, doujins needs better source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom