• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
After deciding to marathon both seasons of Sora no Otoshimono on a whim this weekend I noticed that the OPs on Forte were only in English, compared to the normal alternating with Japanese. The EDs were also all in English, but with a different ED to each episode this is no surprise. Is FUNimation doing this with newer title releases? SnO:F is the newest FUNi release I own so I have nothing to compare with until I get around to ordering some of the Geneon re-releases.

Wait, they dubbed the OPs/EDs? Are they well-done? Can't find them on Youtube.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
tumblr_m0jdl3Z7V51qeuugko1_500.gif

Oh man I can't wait for this episode!!!

Rinne no Lagrange S2 - 14

tumblr_m0j6rovloO1qeuugko1_500.gif

Wh-what is this? Have my prayers been answered? Oh angels in heaven, have you decided to deliver me from the insufferable sexual tension between these pure hearted maidens?

tumblr_m5es1rKFet1ru3v4eo1_500.gif

tumblr_lwywfb0lUW1r8t3qco1_500.gif

Just let it be known that I died today without any regrets, enjoying the thing I love most.

*flatlines*

cajunator

Banned
Rinne no Lagrange S2 - 14

tumblr_m0j6rovloO1qeuugko1_500.gif

Wh-what is this? Have my prayers been answered? Oh angels in heaven, have you decided to deliver me from the insufferable sexual tension between these pure hearted maidens?

tumblr_m5es1rKFet1ru3v4eo1_500.gif

tumblr_lwywfb0lUW1r8t3qco1_500.gif

Just let it be known that I died today without any regrets, enjoying the thing I love most.

*flatlines*

So SDBurton :SDburtoned to death before I :Cajuned to death.
GODSPEED

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The world is not boring but it's a mmo ... the cool stuff is obviously NOT at the beginning so yeah skipping to the middle part of the game , once everyone has learn one way or another to survive in such an absurd world is way better than what was skipped.

I see no reason why the entirety of the game world can't be interesting. The only limitation on the variety of interesting scenarios possible within the world is the ability of the author to create them, so being presented with an enormous virtual world that's lifeless, empty, and repetitive is a disappointment. Really, integrating the personal struggles of the characters within the world with an exploration element would have been an entirely reasonable thing to achieve within the story.

It's clear that his attitude at the end of Ep 2 wasn't his real intentions.. if you paid attention it's clear that he was lying .. if he hadn't done that , the guy death would have been a total waste as the goal of it was to motivate people to clear the game ..he made it himself as the bad guy but it was all a lie to get people to play ( properly ) despite the dangers.
it's not like kirito isn't confident in his own skills his social skills aren't the best of the bunch. ( also shown in ep 2 )

Kirito has been pretty antisocial since the beginning of the game, though. After befriending Keita only to later state his intention not to team up with him, it was clear that Kirito placed so much faith in his own skill due to having been the best beta tester that he was unable to bring himself to cooperate with anyone else. He was finally able to build up enough trust in the abilities of other players to take part in the Floor 1 boss expedition, but this was shattered when everyone turned on him.

His actions after defeating the floor one boss were fairly exaggerated and theatrical in nature, but he had no reason to "motivate" people who were ostracizing him out of petty jealousy and irrational fear. Because he was being kicked out of the group anyway, it seemed that he simply made his exit in the most cocky, condescending way possible to strike back at everyone.

They were a close bunch. he choose to die rather than continue being stuck in this for god know when ..Out of the 10000 people in Sao many don't want the danger and some only continue because they have some sort of emotionnal support. Yes it was silly , i wouldn't have done something like that but it's was a bond he made with people , and he choose that bond over the rest

From the way the scene was depicted, it looked like the player who committed suicide did it partially to spite Kirito for being the "cause" of Diabel's death and presumably the later deaths of other people in that party.

It was just a really clumsily handled scene and shouldn't have been reduced to a few moments. Its potential to be narratively significant was severely stunted by this.

Those weren't normal ennemies ..they were in unfamilliar territory AND into a trap ( made to kill people ) Traps are traps because they can and will kill unprepared players..
No formattion , overpowerred ennemies , no teleport possible , almost no way to escape.

A total shame i agree

The way in which the scene was handled was overkill, is the only problem I have with that. The "trap room" concept was fine, it was just that everyone was totally slaughtered without putting up a fight despite being previously depicted as a skilled, well-prepared guild. It was just too unrealistic for me.

No problem over skipping the boring stuff. Did you want kirito leveling skills alone in an isolated area for 3 episodes straights ?

It's only boring if the author can't think of a way to make it interesting. I would definitely not like several episodes consisting of level grinding, but there's no reason that there couldn't have been a wealth of interesting story content taking place at smaller intervals through the tower.

Afraid to see his lie exposed .Kirito is actually sensible on a lot of stuff and at this point in time , the beater issue was still around. Later everyone will realise this was a foolish accusation , but in a world where death is possible ...accusing people or a group of people for everything that doesn't work was the easy way for many people. Even if he didn't show the insult in ep2 got to him and a lot of things during that time too.

There are some detail you should pay attention. Not that the show doesn't have holes in it but many things were just lost from going FROM LN To anime

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that this is just being adapted clumsily, although what Dresden has posted of the source material in the past doesn't give me much hope that the story would improve all that much even if
timeskips
and such were handled better.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Yuruyuri S1 fin:

Worst, death scene, ever. ;P

Sleep over! *cue Chitose nosebleed*

Akarin... in a barrel. XD Your sacrifice has given me exactly what I wanted, I thank you. *salutes*

... o_O I like this Chitose. I like this Chitose a LOT! Someone give her more chocolate!! Poor Akarin... XD

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kokoro Connect 06
Kh9LJ.jpg

Get a load of these stupid shoes.
This show is just really...contrived, and ultimately lame. It doesn't have much of a distinctive personality, and the concepts it wants to deal with while interesting are being handled without any tact or subtlety. For an episode where the concept is taking the brakes of character's inhibitions, the highs here aren't very high. What a dry and predictable show this is.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Wait, so is Rinne S2 worth watching or not? I'm getting some mixed signals here.

*Descends from the Heavens and replies in a hymn*

Yeeesssssss Season 2 of Rinne no Lagrange is definite worth the waaaaaaatch.

Aaaaaaameeeennnnnn~

Wait, so is Rinne S2 worth watching or not? I'm getting some mixed signals here.

I think it does well in some regards, I mean, there is a nice tale of friendship (De Metrio, La garite) and both get more screentime, though its been as skewed or even more skewed against the extremely limited action of the Novid's by Nissan action direction for awful yurish antics..Really only watching it for Izo and Array and mechas.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oreki x Fukube believe.
Fuck yeah!

Isn't Hakuouki a reverse-harem though?

So much missed potential with Kokoro connect and taichi and aoki :/
theres not even fanart :(
They're both straight!

Not in kuroko yet? Disappoint.
Much to DTL's disappointment, Kuroko has been fairly hetero. The dude has a girlfriend after all! lol

I'm all for this, but admittedly it's hard to get excited about a market saturated by DEEN.
DEEN BL is better than no BL? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom