• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divergence Eve 3
6cYIL.png

zbXw1.png

iqnhS.png

j5wHU.png
Besides the weird bobot fornication scene, this episode wasn't half bad.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh man I've missed seeing Arjuna in the thread. It's been too long since we've put someone through the grinder.

Agreed about Nobuna and I just wanted to clarify something about Katsuie. Do you not like her armor in general or are you more specifically referring to the whole "bust bounce" detail?

Yeah, it's really just the bounce, but Nobuna's armor gets extra points for bucking the near-universal trend of female armor in anime having to be breast-shaped.

Smile Precure 26

fun times. Yayoi's hair is hnng.

But alas, the whole precure "why rolecall when you are gonna rolecall again 2 min later?" shit is happening.

Hmmm was the final form in precure always this early? Surely they aren't gonna use this for the whole 2nd half of the show?

Yeah, this finisher was introduced earlier than its Heartcatch and Suite equivalents, at least. Just like any other Precure series the girls are bound for their first "our..........our attack FAILED?!?" in a few weeks so another upgrade isn't out of the question given the early intro for the Princess Forms. I wouldn't expect any upgrade to be implemented in a way that requires an entirely new elaborate stock sequence, though.

--This post is in regards to Gundam 00--

It's been a couple of years since I've seen the show but when that stuff happened I thought it was kind of annoying except for that one guy where it was a bit of a running gag.

This is actually one of the many reasons why I didn't like the movie. In the movie I believe that character actually was killed off permanently for whatever reason. Other characters as well, that made it all the way through the show, were also just killed off rather unceremoniously like an afterthought and I personally found it pretty annoying how it was executed.
Yeah. It was a pretty good
death
but after all the stuff that happened before, it just made it kind of a let down.
Probably sound crazy but sometimes (the series and especially the movie) felt like a group of people created characters while another did plot/story with absolutely no communication between them.

Been thinking about the overall series since I finished it and im starting to like it more, though just wish it had more closure.

I think my other problem in hindsight is completely pointless characters
Wang Liu Mei
Trinity siblings
Kinue
Marina
Shirin

cajunator

Banned
jnaVAxOpp4ln5.jpg

Walpurgisnacht rides again!

What the fffffffffffffffmind blown.
Gonna be awesome an awesome one here.

uruseiyatsura40-1.jpg

Personally, I'm still struggling to forget that Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito ever existed, and especially that I partook of its innumerable horrors, but that's proving exceedingly difficult to do when cajunator mentions how much he loves it about once every ten seconds. But seriously, fuck that show, fuck DEEN, fuck everything.

Eheheheheeeeee!!! It exists!

Branduil

arjuna11-2.jpg

Because 1) it's easier and 2) they've learnt nothing from the mountain. Come to think of it, I still don't think I learned anything from watching Juna wandering around on a mountain being assaulted by insects for a half hour of my life, either.

arjuna.jpg

It's hard not to be when the teachings of Chris amount to "you just don't understand my teachings, do you?" repeated over and over for twelve episodes.

But he was only doing that because he believed in her!

Chris is so kind.

Nafe

Of course. She's just so perfect~
okDrM.gif

One of the best posts on the page. <3
As much as I like Irisu though, I like all the main girls really.

Perfectly
alone.

That just means more for me, Haha. Well, she still
has some friends like Chitanda.

It's okay, the shared delusion of shippers everywhere will create a new kind of reality.

http://i.imgur.com/8p4Fl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love this picture. It's so incredibly awkward yet amusing at the same time.

[quote="Branduil, post: 40997909"][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iQ2JkW0tgYXmm.jpg

Stealth promo for Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!

Gintama 46

Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri, Don Peri

This episode also taught us how to draw Gintama characters and the dangers of hostesses.

Perfectu Waifu Online 6:

This show isn't good. But it's a lot more fun than it rightfully should be. It's also the only show I'm following this season, so I guess by default I get to keep watching it. The twist was kind of dumb, the final confrontation was kinda dumb, and why did Kirito just let the PK guild members walk away like that? Well, at least there was plenty of Tsundere Perfectu Waifu this episode. I guess that's about as good as it can get for this show.

IdolMaster 2

oh shit. this show... is kinda good? A lot of genki.

And is producer-san the ... what ya call him... unsung hero?

Seems like a cool guy.

The early episodes aren't even that good. Yukiho's episode in particular is agonizing to watch. Yukiho is by far the worst of the idorus by a wide margin, which is why she got the role she did in Xenoglossia. Somewhere around when Ryuguu Komachi debuts is when the show becomes really awesome.

Lurky

The early episodes aren't even that good. Yukiho's episode in particular is agonizing to watch. Yukiho is by far the worst of the idorus by a wide margin, which is why she got the role she did in Xenoglossia. Somewhere around when Ryuguu Komachi debuts is when the show becomes really awesome.

So if I were to start watching, which episode should I skip to?

I have no clue wth you are saying.

yukiho is the crybaby one eh?

Has anime ever done crybaby without making it painful to watch though?

hmmm...

don't think she counts though...

hmmm...

He died so amir0x could get banned.

Amir0x got banned? Wut? When was this?

So if I were to start watching, which episode should I skip to?

Really the only episode you need to skip is 3. The others before episode 6 are pretty slow and mostly minor character development, and they get the beach episode out of the way early too. There are some pretty awesome scenes in the early episodes with delicious Iori though, which makes up for some of the slow pacing. The end of episode 6 is when Ryuguu Komachi debuts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh, I guess, but if you do something like that series described there (Diebuster was it?), you go way too far in the other direction... sure, yes, inventing all kinds of futures stuff is chancey, and you're probably going to be wrong whatever you guess, but come on, it's not going to be EXACTLY like the present, but with spaceships.
Well, there are just things that don't matter. Like, do people crap in Star Trek? If the replicator can make perfect food, then theoretically, there would be no waste to generate. Certainly no one ever has to relieve themselves at least. But the shows never go into it and really, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

It only gets derpy when people make it derpy. Like, in Star Trek, everyone is obsessed with popular culture from our past. From the years 2000 to 2200, no culture whatsoever was created or invented. Stuff like that is weird. But how do you even invent music that's supposed to sound like it's from the 23rd century? Hell, ask someone 20 years ago if dubstep would be a thing and they'd probably laugh at you.

Having now seen the episode, and apparently like everyone else, that was what immediately came to my mind as well. Honestly my first reaction was something like "Oh no...they're not going there are they?" It could be my own personal dislike for that topic coming into play though.

On the one hand I could agree with you that it could be an interesting topic to cover but in this case it feels kind of forced. Judging by the next episode preview it looks like it will be dropped quickly as well. Although when you only have twelve or thirteen episodes, I guess you'll run into some time limitation problems.

I guess I just wondered why she was doing it. Some mentioned for the horseback riding but it didn't seem like she was doing it before or to this degree. It just made me wonder, why now? Because of the talk with her dad? It was just that in the show
Konatsu clearly expresses surprise when Sawa only has a rice ball for lunch so her eating little seemed out of character. They seemed to want to emphasize this by showing her again skipping dinner at home. Then at school she gets all weak and dizzy and seemed a little out of it during the musical. I don't recall her being shown to be like this before either. Again, it seemed to emphasize her throwing up.

I don't know, I guess it just makes me wonder why start now? or if she was already doing it, why to this extreme?

My impression is that
her dad read the pamphlet, saw that they had weight restrictions, knew that she was too "big", and rather than just tell her that she was fat, tried to convince her to stop by being a dick. She then reads it herself and realizes that she's too heavy, so she tries to lose weight as quickly as possible.

As for the actual thing that happened. Honestly, anime is and almost always has been afraid to treat its characters like people with real foibles. So everything has to be melodramatic, or the stakes are so big that it becomes impossible to see the actual characters.

I mean, this is an episode about a girl who thinks she is too fat. That's basically it. On normal TV, it's almost banal, because even a dumbass show like the old 90210 had an episode where a kid played with his father's loaded gun and shot himself to death. Hell, they're even called "Very Special" episodes as a joke now. But contemporary anime doesn't even try to tell those kinds of stories, really. The closest that I can remember is Wandering Son and Aoi Hana, but even I find those problematic because of Shimura's writing. And hell, Intersexuality had to be made into a Jdrama because no one would pay for an anime about a person dealing with having a gender imposed on them.

Most of the time, when you have "girls who feel fat" episodes, they turn into joke episodes like this week's episode of YuruYuri. Because dealing with a girl
who shoves fingers down her throat in order to induce vomiting is too much for most people to think about.

I actually think this episode of Tari Tari was a nice compromise. It's something that happens, but she doesn't end up
in a hospital or being lectured by crying parents or whatever. Or at least, I hope that doesn't happen next week. lol Presumably any tears will be tied to her actual accident and not her one day of anorexia.

That Reiko Yoshida OVA Otona Joshi no Anime Time dealt with it the same way. You see the main character binge and then purge, but there is no speech or consequences. Her mother thinks "animals ruined the kitchen" and that's that. It's a perfect compromise between showing a different psychological problem but not necessarily being preachy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom