• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Utakoi 7

utakoi7.jpg

a tale of two cousins seeking different wives and a time-travelling poet/talk-show host/commentator/construction worker/tower

Willing to sacrifice the lives of millions for the sake of teaching a lesson.

We are simply not worthy.
he refused to take the easy way out. what a hero

Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi 1

Oh God, what the hell am I watching? Nipples everywhere in this bitch. Literally. Also ass shots and pantsu shots. But damn, there's a lot of nipples showing. I think there was supposed to be a story here but I think I forgot about it when they got to the demon who sprays acid milk from her nipples about 2 minutes in. Then I realized this show was about nipples so I gave up on thinking there was any story, I was just kind of watching nipples bouncing.

They made 3 TV series and 2 OVA series of this? Really?

Articalys

On the official Natsuyuki Rendezvous homepage, in what seems to be coordination with a flower arrangement web site, they've published a special section with a guide for hanakotoba -- the Japanese language of flowers. For each of twenty five different types of flowers, they've got one of the characters (Houtarou Hazuki, Rokka, Atsushi, or young Rokka) reading a short description of that flower's meaning. Check it out if you get the chance!

http://natsuyuki.tv/12special/hanakotoba.html

6tE5z.png

Lurky

Oh God, what the hell am I watching? Nipples everywhere in this bitch. Literally. Also ass shots and pantsu shots. But damn, there's a lot of nipples showing. I think there was supposed to be a story here but I think I forgot about it when they got to the demon who sprays acid milk from her nipples about 2 minutes in. Then I realized this show was about nipples so I gave up on thinking there was any story, I was just kind of watching nipples bouncing.

Yes. It's amazingly ground-breaking stuff!

Well the first season is basically a set up for the second season. And the first episode was a strange one. Episode 2 is great though.

Texhnolyze 9

Oni-san ;_;

Fuck you, Yoshii. Yeah, that's right, I'm not even calling you Freddie anymore you piece of shit. I hope Caim rips you apart and in your last, excruciating moments of your worthless life, Ran kicks you in the junk. Fuck you.
I really hope so. Because I am getting furious.

I liked how it makes Yoshii seem like this decent/normal-ish guy...
and then we learn what he's really like.

Oda Nobuna 4

y28zSl.jpg

bAWHRl.jpg

All this historical accuracy.

Christ, this show is so well done at times.
What, those shots aren't like how history went? Really? :)

Seriously though, apart from the genderswap thing, the moment Nobuna appeared in a bra (that is, from the first artwork), it was obvious that they were ignoring any serious attempts at history. Of course, most of these sengoku shows pay little attention to the actual history... one of the few that seemed to put any effort into it was Hyouge Mono, and that ended up not getting picked up and abandoned for any English translation after something like 15 episodes. :(

Also, I think the manga of this might actually be better than the anime... it's kind of good in fact. Though I guess the anime isn't all bad. I do like the genre, when the shows aren't completely awful at least.

Sora No Woto 7

Well, the ED really killed the mood on this episode.

I'm still not a fan of Filicia's pretence of being an air-head, but she got some much needed screentime this episode to build her up. I wonder what significance Noel being the only one not to light a lantern might have. Also, it seems Rio has a very interesting background...
Just keep watching, things are going to start moving more quickly... after the stupid ep. 8, that is.

Episode 8.
That was ep. 8? Only bad episode from the series. Ugh, the rest of the series is outstanding, but that episode... why... :(

Sora No Woto 7.5

SDBurton would approve.
Some people disliked it, but I thought that was a fun episode.

oda nobuna no yabou - 05

• Man, why did Hanbei have to go from a dapper priest dude to a uguu~ loli.
    VKuAL.jpg
  • You'd think that after all this time he'd have to change out of his school clothes. I wonder how much he smells. Perhaps it's the musk that draws in all the lolis.
  • I think Asai is a girl. That knife gives it away.
  • Oda continues to be completely useless.
  • Will keep watching.
On the note of your second point on your list there, maybe the most shocking thing about Sengoku Otome was that the MC girl actually changed out of her school uniform, and into a fantasy costume that was similar to the other characters'. I was almost stunned, seriously... I mean, that never happens in this genre, it's school uniforms all the time, even if the series is 200 episodes long (eg InuYasha)!

Remember, the guy who wrote for the James Bond Jr. cartoon also wrote the Dragon Age movie.
Truly, they got some top-level talent for that Dragon Age movie...

Not really. Yes Arthur had Excalibur and Avalon however the rest of the knights were reknown for various reasons and it wasn't Arthur who found the grail. It was Galahad due to the purity of his spirit. Then you have Lancelot who was a better swordsman than Arthur. It's the Knights of the Round Table as a whole. Saber having a self-sacrificial complex would fit into the general mythos for a lot of Arthurian myths of that time. Also Arthur isn't really known to be a conqueror like Alexander but rather the uniter and a ruler. This is a rather important difference in that Alexander and Gilgamesh both took what they wanted and for the most part weren't really interested in the managing of their empire(although you could make a valid argument that Alexander wanted to spread certain Macedonian/Greek values). Gilgamesh is the furthest from his real life origin/mythos in personality but again I would say his viewpoint ties into earlier concepts of how people viewed kings. Saber definitely fits into a more modern perception of what people expect kings to be, however that's true of a good amount of the mythos currently surrounding Arthur.
I don't know, is there anything about FSN-Gilgamesh that's actually like his character from the legend? As for Arthur, though, you sound about right about that one.

bandrul plsConsidering how things turn out, I'd argue that the anime very much is. It's condemning the behavior of its protagonist, not celebrating it.
I don't know... even with a very strong emphasis on "the anime ONLY", I don't know... I mean, it does condemn what he does, but it's not exactly emphasizing the strength of the female characters... um, unless going insane counts as strength, but that seems questionable.

And of course, the game series are quite certainly not anything remotely resembling that, to understate things significantly. familytree.jpg...

I know its been said, but why is Kirby genderswapped? Just because the artist liked it that way? Eh, why not... it works.

Since when was Kirby a girl?
He isn't. That's a genderswap.

Great gif there.

Where did all the men go? Why are there only female characters?
... men? What are those?

Seriously though, apart from the genderswap thing, the moment Nobuna appeared in a bra (that is, from the first artwork), it was obvious that they were ignoring any serious attempts at history.

Actually, that outfit that Nobuna usually wears is fairly accurate according to history. Nobunaga did dress similarly like that and the whole bra business is probably cause we can't show boobs the whole time in the show cause I guess it's classy?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Actually, that outfit that Nobuna usually wears is fairly accurate according to history. Nobunaga did dress similarly like that and the whole bra business is probably cause we can't show boobs the whole time in the show cause I guess it's classy?

If they wanted to keep it totally classy, she'd have a sarashi instead of a bra, I guess.

Thoraxes

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - 12

Inspirational as hell, and a great outlook on the possibilities of the human potential.

DAT ANIMATION
for the homerun, fuck yeah! I hope he picks a nice ladyfriend next episode. They're all good.

And let's not forget this great moment.

untitled-1ff4441j89.gif
cpXOO.jpg

x6YpK.jpg
xrHYr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom