• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I noticed that no one in AnimeGAF thread has talked about Key the Metal Idol in ages. Maybe it's time to get people who hasn't seen it before to watch it and post impressions!
Is this a genuine recommendation or the more typical AnimeGAF recommendation that attempts to drag additional members down into some mire?

Risette

A Good Citizen
its a prime example of misplaced priorities, and doesn't actually say much at all.
Link me one of your reviews or something if you feel that you have said something with actual substance.
If you want it, you can look yourself. I'm not going to spend my time sifting through thousands of posts to prove something to you with that attitude. You can look for it yourself -- and no, this isn't a way to say that I haven't made any, because if you look, you will find them.

Uchip

Banned
If you want it, you can look yourself. I'm not going to spend my time sifting through thousands of posts to prove something to you with that attitude. You can look for it yourself -- and no, this isn't a way to say that I haven't made any, because if you look, you will find them.

Gol_D_Roger.png

my critiques? If you want them, you can have them! Find them!
I left them all at that place!

Because MMOs

The discussions of the game's mechanics in every episode are actually quite good. The author of SAO isn't much for plots and characters but the game world he imagined is actually quite well thought-out and rational.

What sort of person do you take me for? :(

You're the goddamned ducktroll! It's like being the goddamned Batman except you don't get a costume, you don't get a secret base, you don't get cool gadgets, and you're not stupidly rich.

Geneijin

my critiques? If you want them, you can have them! Find them!
I left them all at that place!
If you actually cared about them, they wouldn't have gone unnoticed. That guy was right: you really don't care about what anyone's points are and will misrepresent their arguments all day to make yourself seem in the right. Just stop wasting people's time already if that's always your mindset.

Uchip

Banned
If you actually cared about them, they wouldn't have gone unnoticed. That guy was right: you really don't care about what anyone's points are and will misrepresent their arguments all day to make yourself seem in the right. Just stop wasting people's time already if that's always your mindset.

actually ive been shown some now
but thanks for your loving concern <3

Finished the 2 FMA specials.

FMA: Premium Collection

3 very different short episodes:

-Alchemists vs 7 homunculi: alternate reality where state alchemists fight them off

-Chibi: cast have an after party of Conquerror of Shamballa movie, funny

-Kids: Eds grandkids

All in all, it was fine. I'm giving it a 6/10

FMA: Brotherhood specials

This one is very good.

4 stories that give more insight in FMA universe. I especially liked Roy's special. Highly recommended. 8/10

-Minsc-

Texhnolyze 22

good night, gaf

An appropriate response.

If anyone ever needs a pick-me-up after watching Texhnolyze they should watch/read Yokohama Kaidashi Kik&#333;. Like Texhnolyze,
humanity is on it's way to extinction
, however it's presented in the complete opposite manner. Texhnolyze is the dark and Yokohama is the light. I never really thought to compare the two before as they are completely different series, yet they both share a common element. My recommendation is to read the manga, there's just so much the OVA's don't adapt.

wonzo

Banned
Folktales from Japan 20

Once upon a time, paedophile rings would smuggle little girls from the moon in bamboo stalks, little sisters were secretly demons in disguise (KIRINO) and sweet buns were the scariest thing known to mankind.

And they all lived happily ever after in crushingly absolute poverty.

because the Prism Nana website sucks

Prism Nana - PV
http://youtu.be/NGP2jcVZIlM

I guess I will end up avoiding. It seemed kind of way too girly, the characters look really boring in motion, not compelling, and the music idea is not even a tenth as good as the music in Senhime Zesshou Symphogear, bath scene + beach scene was way out of place.

Hyouka festival arc was freaking amazing.

Yes it was quite in regards to the character development aspect and putting them in situations in which they were required to think and do things on their own, which worked for seeing just what is going on in Satoshi's mind, as well as Mayaka's, and Oreki's, especially the last episode.

I think my other problem in hindsight is completely pointless characters
Wang Liu Mei
Trinity siblings
Kinue
Marina
Shirin

Wang Liu Mei was super annoying,
definitely that slap from Ribbons Hallmark was needded, as she was getting way too ahead of herself there and was too fickle with her sidings
. I think Marina Ismail had necessity, definitely served as an conduit for Setsuna for his development.

Full version of another song for my playlist has released. Hagure Yuusha's full OP!

Faylan definitely delivered, it is really quite good.

Weekly Sales for Aug 6-12:

Temporal (first volumes) Blu-ray + DVD Sales Rankings for Spring 2012
*1, 19,156 Kuroko no Basket
*2, *9,891 Accel World
*3, *9,455 Hyouka
*7, *4,887 Eureka Seven AO
*9, *4,494 Tsuritama
12, *3,499 Jormungand
13, *3,302 Sengoku Collection
14, *3,192 Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead
16, *2,180 Hiiro no Kakera
18, *2,037 Sakamichi no Apollon
19, *1,487 Sankarea
20, *1,133 Shirokuma Cafe
21, **,882 Kimi to Boku. 2
22, **,612 Zetman

Medaka Box (483 < DVD < 1,133, Blu-ray < 1,470)
Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (309 < DVD < 483, Blu-ray < 1,470)

Well at least Hiiros not at the bottom, but I wonder if we can get 25 more episodes of Accel World and poor Kimi Boku :(

The english dub cast for Rinne no Lagrange was revealed (neon alley email, viz)

Madoka - Kira Buckland
Lan - Sophi Roberts
Muginami - Karen Strassman
Michi - Christine Marie Cabanos
Sachi - Cristina Vee
Machiko -Midge Mayes
Haruka - Erika Harlachen
Sota - J.C. Miller

James - Jason Wishnov
Kirius - Johnny Yong Bosch
Array - Sam Regal
Moid - Vic Mignogna
Villagiulio - Keith Silverstein
Hiroshi - Buba Chow
Yoko - Wendee Lee

Izo and Astelia seem missing? I guess Kirius and Array are good choices.

Fate/Prototype looked like Fate/X. Too bad they never went anywhere with that original concept. Would have been better than what we ended up getting. >_<

Do you mean Fate/Extra? I havent read it yet. :/

Fate/Stay Night UBW movie

Alright, this is a lot better than the tv show, minus shirou ofcourse. :)

Necrovex

I started to watch Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo again. I always fall in love with this show. No matter how many rewatch I execute, I realize this show will never leave my number one spot.

Ezalc

I started to watch Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo again. I always fall in love with this show. No matter how many rewatch I execute, I realize this show will never leave my number one spot.

It's a great show but I'm always mad about how terrible a concept Gankutsuou (as in the character not the show) was and how there was no Faria. Faria is awesome in the book >:C. Don't like some of the other changes either.

Necrovex

It's a great show but I'm always mad about how terrible a concept Gankutsuou (as in the character not the show) was and how there was no Faria. Faria is awesome in the book >:C. Don't like some of the other changes either.

Man, I really should reread The Count of Monte Cristo. I cannot even remember who Faria is at this point. This is what I get for reading a classic back in high school....Damn, I'm getting old.

I like how the show differs from the book though. A lot of the changes seems to fit better for the medium. I dig the sci-fi aspect, I dig Albert getting a lot more screen-time (and his love for the Count), and they nail the Edmond's personality and lust for revenge. Mmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom