• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I mean Fate + X:

aPfcj.jpg

Ill have to watch X clamp, such a great opening. I remember it airing on german rtl2 a decade ago. :)

Ezalc

Man, I really should reread The Count of Monte Cristo. I cannot even remember who Faria is at this point. This is what I get for reading a classic back in high school....Damn, I'm getting old.

I like how the show differs from the book though. A lot of the changes seems to fit better for the medium. I dig the sci-fi aspect, I dig Albert getting a lot more screen-time (and his love for the Count), and they nail the Edmond's personality and lust for revenge. Mmmmmmm.

I read the book after I saw the anime, I think that it's the best order to do it makes the book that much more awesome. I also liked a lot of the changes in the anime, the sci-fi setting was amazing, as was the change to Albert being more of the main character it gave the count a bigger air of mystery considering that in the book you follow him throughout the entire thing and know his backstory from the get go. Faria was Edmond's mentor in the prison. I also agree that they completely nailed his character, that opening in french so good.

Necrovex

I read the book after I saw the anime, I think that it's the best order to do it makes the book that much more awesome. I also liked a lot of the changes in the anime, the sci-fi setting was amazing, as was the change to Albert being more of the main character it gave the count a bigger air of mystery considering that in the book you follow him throughout the entire thing and know his backstory from the get go. Faria was Edmond's mentor in the prison. I also agree that they completely nailed his character, that opening in french so good.

I'm actually listening to the opening song right now. I love the opening and ending so much. That soundtrack too, mmmmmm. I actually did the same order, I saw the anime first, and I wanted to read the novel shortly after.

And I remember Faria now, he was damn awesome. Those prison scenes were stellar. I am somewhat sad I missed the Gaf's bookclub of The Count of Monte Cristo. It would have been a perfect time to reread the book.

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 6

Not feeling the first skit as much (though the antique shop girl was cool), but second half was full of great material. Every character was at their best.

ibsOHaaTs0Qydk.png

I'll buy it at a high price.

Not only was there a lot of funny stuff, but it was pretty great how it took a bunch of different storylines and brought them all together at the very end for a great punchline.

iVgiNqOVyNw2Y.png

It's like someone animated my worst nightmare.

I hope that bass comes back.

BluWacky

I'm actually listening to the opening song right now.

The full version of the ending theme is hilarious.
E-D-M-O-N-D! THAT'S MY NAAAAAAAME! Yes, that is a plot point you've just spoilt there for those with no familiarity with the story

The OP, on the other hand, is best if you replace all the lyrics with drunken slurring, which is basically what Jean-Michel Jarre appears to be going for anyway.

I didn't realise the show had a Bluray release in Japan - what's the quality like? Anyone seen it?

Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi 2

Okay, well this episode actually seemed to have a real story. There were also fewer nipples. I'm not sure what the staff were on when they made the first episode but I guess it was the good stuff. Or they weren't sure if anybody was going to watch it or not. Well, somebody was watching because they haven't stopped making Queen's Blade series since.

The show is based on loosely connected characters from a gamebook. Once they introduce all the characters, the story will make more sense.

Nafe

On the official Natsuyuki Rendezvous homepage, in what seems to be coordination with a flower arrangement web site, they've published a special section with a guide for hanakotoba -- the Japanese language of flowers. For each of twenty five different types of flowers, they've got one of the characters (Houtarou Hazuki, Rokka, Atsushi, or young Rokka) reading a short description of that flower's meaning. Check it out if you get the chance!

http://natsuyuki.tv/12special/hanakotoba.html

6tE5z.png

Liking flowers but at the same time not being super interested in them it was nice to see what some of the one's I'd heard about actually look like now and little bits about them.

You know how people talk about how they could just listen to Kana Hanazawa reading a phone book all day? Well I'm that way with Sayaka Ohara, I LOVE her voice! Getting to hear her as Rokka in Natsuyuki Rendezvous and as Wakana's mother in Tari Tari this season is great! :)

It's kind of neat how seeming to act or talk in a little bit more cheerful tone actually does make her sound a bit younger and so it does feel like you have a younger or older Rokka talking to you.

I've always loved Yuichi Nakamura's voice on the male side of things. Like you mentioned, he's using his Houtarou voice. It would have been neat to hear him using his more Gai from Guilty Crown voice. That would probably be the most epic narration for a flower ever Haha.

Personally I would have liked to have heard Yumi Touma, who does the voice for Miho, as well. :(

Thanks for this Articalys :)

I think Marina Ismail had necessity, definitely served as an conduit for Setsuna for his development.
I would have agreed if she had more interaction with him
or hooked up with him
I actually liked her character but she just felt like overall she didn't do much.

The english dub cast for Rinne no Lagrange was revealed (neon alley email, viz)

Madoka - Kira Buckland
Lan - Sophi Roberts
Muginami - Karen Strassman
Michi - Christine Marie Cabanos
Sachi - Cristina Vee
Machiko -Midge Mayes
Haruka - Erika Harlachen
Sota - J.C. Miller

James - Jason Wishnov
Kirius - Johnny Yong Bosch
Array - Sam Regal
Moid - Vic Mignogna
Villagiulio - Keith Silverstein
Hiroshi - Buba Chow
Yoko - Wendee Lee

Izo and Astelia seem missing? I guess Kirius and Array are good choices.
I guess I will try it but no way is Madoka going to be good in english.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJyvzkbGEtI

I'm gonne start watching Gundam Seed.
I am as well, never seen anything about it so I hope its ok. just letting my 00 hype die down.(hard considering the money I just spent on 00 stuff)

Defuser

Phi Brain S2 ep 19
Freecell not only a bad ass in solving a puzzle but converting a fake ring to real one?Damn. I'm suspecting Melancholy is actually Klondike.

Phi Brain S2 ep 19
Freecell not only a bad ass in solving a puzzle but converting a fake ring to real one?Damn. I'm suspecting Melancholy is actually Klondike.
I'm surprised they haven't show klondike yet...
For someone they seem to fear or respect i hope it wont be taken care off screen like in the first season

Articalys

Round 1, Day 1 Results:

A01
1st 294 Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
2nd 278 Maho Misawa @ Ro-Kyu-Bu!
3rd 55 Nanako Dojima @ Persona 4
4th 41 Himari Takakura @ Mawaru Penguindrum

A05
1st 236 Mahiru Inami @ Working!
2nd 179 Lingyin Huang @ Infinite Stratos
3rd 177 Miya Tachibana @ Amagami SS

A09
1st 254 Reika Aoki @ Smile Pretty Cure!
2nd 222 Cecilia Alcott @ Infinite Stratos
3rd 107 Raika Oda @ Papa No Iukoto O Kikinasai!

-----------------------------------------------
How to vote

cajunator

Banned
The english dub cast for Rinne no Lagrange was revealed (neon alley email, viz)

Madoka - Kira Buckland
Lan - Sophi Roberts
Muginami - Karen Strassman
Michi - Christine Marie Cabanos
Sachi - Cristina Vee
Machiko -Midge Mayes
Haruka - Erika Harlachen
Sota - J.C. Miller

James - Jason Wishnov
Kirius - Johnny Yong Bosch
Array - Sam Regal
Moid - Vic Mignogna
Villagiulio - Keith Silverstein
Hiroshi - Buba Chow
Yoko - Wendee Lee

Izo and Astelia seem missing? I guess Kirius and Array are good choices.

This should be interesting. how well they do the Wan/Maru thing is highly critical to this dubs success. I look forward to finding out.

No shit, I didn't even know YKK OVAs existed. I adore that comic.

No offense, but your opinion is not exactly the most trustworthy, either, given your propensity for uncritical praise of nearly everything...

What does this have to do with Key the Metal Idol being good?

Ultimadrago

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 6

The new character, antique shop owner, in the beginning was neat. On another note, is it me or is "Poko" coming more and more often than usual?

Damn raccoon dog is getting too much screen time.

bDAKp.jpg

SHAFT headtilt: Hag edition

Anyhow, the first half was mediocre, while the second half was quite better in terms of comedy.

Poor guy. All the deletion could have been avoided if he never put special folders on the desktop.

"Today's cream puffs are kind of bitter." - Hiroyuki

Ezalc

I'm actually listening to the opening song right now. I love the opening and ending so much. That soundtrack too, mmmmmm. I actually did the same order, I saw the anime first, and I wanted to read the novel shortly after.

And I remember Faria now, he was damn awesome. Those prison scenes were stellar. I am somewhat sad I missed the Gaf's bookclub of The Count of Monte Cristo. It would have been a perfect time to reread the book.

They are indeed awesome, though I think the ED could be better. I remember how it all started with Monte Cristo, I saw V for Vendetta which has the classic movie in some scenes. Then I went to wikipedia to read about it and saw that it had an anime, watched it, loved it. Then I read the novel and loved it even more. One of my favorite books of all time.

I finished reading the novel for the first time about a month before GAF's book club started to read it so I didn't join in lol.

Blassreiter 1

Jesus tittyfucking Christ on a CG motorcycle. This is the ugliest show I've ever seen. Even Muv-Luv isn't this unrelentingly shit in the visuals department.

Gerd is pretty damn cool, especially with dat wheelchair-moe and dat single manly tear. Manly, adult protagonists are always welcome. On the other hand(though maybe it's just the dub), I cannot stand Gerd's brolust-consumed fanboy. The sooner he dies, the better.

I know it's only been one episode, but I'm not sure I'll be sticking with this one, especially with the Utenites circling overhead. I've had this sitting at home collecting dust while I finished Texhnolyze, and figured I should at least watch this first disc so I can send it back to Netflix.

EVOL 100%

Texhnolyze
What was the deal with the water leaking out from under her door in the hotel?

She committed suicide by drowning herself in the bath.

Hey Anime GAF, some recommendations would be appreciated. It's been a while since I've watched anything and I'm pretty out of touch.

Shows that I loved
Serial Experiments Lain
Texhnolyze
Kino's Journey
Haibane Renmei
Monster
Gintama (the funny bits only)

Liked
Noir
Samurai Champloo
NieA_7
FLCL
Cowboy Bebop

Ambivalent
Madoka
Evangelion
Gintama serious bits
Black Lagoon

Hated
Ergo Proxy

Thanks in advance.

Grzi

Ill have to watch X clamp, such a great opening. I remember it airing on german rtl2 a decade ago. :)

It aired on VIVA actually :D

The movie first aired on VOX, on one of their anime nights, I was 14 years old, I remember being blown away, although it's not that good. The animation is still great though.

The TV show aired a bit after it on VIVA, I was so hyped and it didn't disappoint but the problem was German MTV started airing Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop around the same time, so it remained in the shadow of those two shows.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On the official Natsuyuki Rendezvous homepage, in what seems to be coordination with a flower arrangement web site, they've published a special section with a guide for hanakotoba -- the Japanese language of flowers. For each of twenty five different types of flowers, they've got one of the characters (Houtarou Hazuki, Rokka, Atsushi, or young Rokka) reading a short description of that flower's meaning. Check it out if you get the chance!

http://natsuyuki.tv/12special/hanakotoba.html

http://i.imgur.com/6tE5z.png

They don't that Utakoi flower unfortunately. Then again, you probably can't sell a flower that dies after one day. lol

duckroll

Blassreiter 1

Jesus tittyfucking Christ on a CG motorcycle. This is the ugliest show I've ever seen. Even Muv-Luv isn't this unrelentingly shit in the visuals department.

Gerd is pretty damn cool, especially with dat wheelchair-moe and dat single manly tear. Manly, adult protagonists are always welcome. On the other hand(though maybe it's just the dub), I cannot stand Gerd's brolust-consumed fanboy. The sooner he dies, the better.

I know it's only been one episode, but I'm not sure I'll be sticking with this one, especially with the Utenites circling overhead. I've had this sitting at home collecting dust while I finished Texhnolyze, and figured I should at least watch this first disc so I can send it back to Netflix.

Oh oh oh! Someone is watching Blassreiter!

GEN UROBUCHI (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) x ICHIROU ITANO (Macross missile circus super-animator) x GONZO (Gankutsuou)!!!!!

What could go wrong?! LOL!!!

Grzi

I liked Blassreiter a bit when I saw it (followed it weekly) :((((
I'm afraid to watch it again. I only remember thinking the fights are well choreographed.
I even made a Facebook group for it (before there were pages :(), since no one watched it and I thought it deserved attention

No excuses for this really, I wasn't that young then.

duckroll

I remember watching the first episode on an official subbed stream, in the early simulcast days. It was so wretched visually I almost went blind. At least those were my immediate reactions after watching it. :)

Oh oh oh! Someone is watching Blassreiter!

GEN UROBUCHI (Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) x ICHIROU ITANO (Macross missile circus super-animator) x GONZO (Gankutsuou)!!!!!

What could go wrong?! LOL!!!
It's not even that old. How did this CG abomination get greenlighted?
I liked Blassreiter a bit when I saw it (followed it weekly) :((((
I'm afraid to watch it again. I only remember thinking the fights are well choreographed.
I even made a Facebook group for it (before there were pages :(), since no one watched it and I thought it deserved attention

No excuses for this really, I wasn't that young then.
I mean, the first episode wasn't unsalvageably awful. As I said, Gerd seems pretty cool, and it would probably look pretty awesome if it was traditionally animated.
I remember watching the first episode on an official subbed stream, in the early simulcast days. It was so wretched visually I almost went blind. At least those were my immediate reactions after watching it. :)
I think I have a pretty high tolerance for CG. It says a lot when even I'm physically repulsed.

cajunator

Banned
It's not even that old. How did this CG abomination get greenlighted?I mean, the first episode wasn't unsalvageably awful. As I said, Gerd seems pretty cool, and it would probably look pretty awesome if it was traditionally animated.I think I have a pretty high tolerance for CG. It says a lot when even I'm physically repulsed.

I think when it comes to Cg, I'm just desensitized to it. I realized long ago that traditional animation is never coming back, so I just accepted it as the norm, so its not as bothersome unless a show is either completely CG or has a truly awful art direction.

So Anime-GAF has gotten me to start watching Rinne no Lagrange. Another show I had paid zero attention to before, but thanks to all the talk here I decided to check out. Not much to say yet after 1 ep but it does seem quite relevant to my interests so we'll see how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom