• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Hidamari Sketch Home Shopping

hidasketchhscm.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Speaking of kissing someone where they hurt themselves, I'm surprised it's never been done, or at least I haven't seen it, where someone bites their lip and someone else says that they'll kiss it better, obviously leading to a kiss scene.

If you wanted to take it further you could have someone saying they bit their tongue and another person offers to kiss it better, leading to a more mouth to mouth kiss scene.

tumblr_ks3s6mX00k1qznztuo1_500.gif

This is what I like to see!

Lain

Horizon s2 ep6

Most fights ended, anither fight seems to be about to start, and Tori made some silly faces.
The twist about Double Bloody Mary wasn't fully as I thought, but I guess I was close enough.

Phi Brain s2 ep19

Bit of a boring episode personally, as it managed to (as usual) downplay Nonoha even when it came to one of her better abilities, her memory.
On the bright side, there was the full reveal on Freecell, which made the whole motivational plot even more stupid than it was before, to me.

Estetica 6

I like how badass MC got himself a bike that, just like him, gets girls naked.
I wonder why the Akki hates his fater. Maybe it has something to do with that terrorist group? Or maybe with his sister's death.
What was somewhat disappointing is that they so easily revealed the face of one of the real members of that terrorist group.

Nafe

Correct, however,
I thought it would sound funnier that way...

Sorry :(
I'm kind of a kill joy with things like that sometimes.

You should have seen me when I finally got around to watching the first Harry Potter movie earlier this year. I pretty much had a laundry list of things that didn't make sense even in the context of the show. Like
if regular people aren't aware of magic, then how come inside London's King's Cross train station even when people are looking right at the characters no one apparently notices them run into a wall and disappear?

Those are definitely some movies where you just have to turn your brain off and watch the show.

JAL did, if that's what you are asking.
gb9SW.jpg

Thanks, that is what I was talking about.

I forgot that someone, maybe yourself, had already posted a link to this page here

I kind of would want to go on a K-On! tour actually.

Instro

Speaking of kissing someone where they hurt themselves, I'm surprised it's never been done, or at least I haven't seen it, where someone bites their lip and someone else says that they'll kiss it better, obviously leading to a kiss scene.

If you wanted to take it further you could have someone saying they bit their tongue and another person offers to kiss it better, leading to a more mouth to mouth kiss scene.

Easy doujin plot.

Rinne no Lagrange 3-4

Some nice mecha action continuing from episode 2. Pretty unique designs too, I like :).

So now Madoka, Muginami and Lan are going to be living together
. Can't wait to see how that goes :D.

Also...
Lan is the best girl. So far.

Gintama 50

Ok, this is one of the best episodes yet considering of how much stuff they referenced. Loved all the different styles they used, made this a ridiculously fun episode to watch from start to end. All of them will be great as a new version of Gintama.

Also, new OP is best OP.

So, here's a pic spam of most of the different styles:

Branduil

Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture (Fatal Fury 3rd OVA)

After quite a number of years, I finally return to this film. I had watched it on television back then and up to this day remembered an introduction bullet countering scene applied on an archaeologist. It seems I only remembered that beginning part for a reason because the movie in the end is easily forgettable.

To make things short, this film wasn't entertaining. In fact, it was pretty uninteresting to watch and half-baked in presentation. The action scenes in general have solid animation, but a number of other scenes were just glaringly cheap and not well done. It doesn't help to look at the static characters when they are usually talking about their shallow mission or trite romances in lengthy detail. The fight scenes don't make up for these unfavorable stretches.

The soundtrack is lackluster, though that's practically in the 90's action OVAs textbook. It is still worth mentioning. Thank goodness, for the times with no music as I would prefer to hear silence over the score used.

As for story, it revolves around the godly "Armor of Mars." Terry Bogard and friends (Andy Bogard, Mai, Joe) are pulled into an adventure for it by a "Sulia Gaeudemus", at least her last name was something entertaining in this film. But of course, her
brother
and his bunch of goons are the "bad guys" and it turns into a (dull) race around the world. Side note: Her brother is as uninteresting as most of the events that pan out with a bland motive to boot. Before all of this, we get a terribly executed thick layer of exposition (historical fiction elements and all) along with a forced facet of Terry's past love life.

There is also cameos and supporting roles from other Fatal Fury/SNK characters. This is brought by more flat back story told by Sulia. Seriously, it's such a slog that I can't even take away the action scenes as much of a positive for the film. Instead, they act as a brief relief from the bad pacing. Withstanding is the
final battle with Gaeudemus
which was a better part of the whole thing thanks to sakuga.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. It's not good, it's not "so-bad-it's-good." This movie was largely plain cruddy.

"Based on the bestselling video game" is always a good sign.

Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror (funidub)
tumblr_lw9r6n8NIo1r2n6poo3_500.jpg

Well that made my $7.99 this month for the EVS for funimation worth it. I thought the movie was initially going to be really kiddy and stuff and kind of dull because of the character design, but I really enjoyed it. It started off slow and such but once in the actual world and then to Oblivion Island it picked up. I really loved the characters she met such as Cotton at the play (best character) and Teo's company continuously was a blast. I think Cotton and Teo were the true heroes. I want a Cotton...
tumblr_m3dge6bPs81qemk3jo1_500.jpg

Haruka was alright too, she really went through some stuff and I guess I could kind of relate to one thing which made it quite emotional (plot)
when you see the memories in the mirror and what happened to the mom
I did start to cry too when that happened to Cotton, so unexpected and out of the blue, and Teo's bravery should be commended

The weakest part to Haruka was just her VA. I dont think Christine Marie Cabanos did a really good job with her voice, it just sounds off for the 16yr old Haruka. Patrick Seitz was kind of good as the Baron, funny and memorable.

Anyway the biggest draw of this to me was just seeing the animation and visuals, it looked nice in lots of places especially the intense actiony scenes of going through various locations at high velocity and seeing all the detailed junk with some magical particles and what not around at times. Balloons, trains, magic stuff, cotton stuffing coming out of stuff and what not made for a really nice and enriched world. I didnt like how the human character models look, but everything else was good and fun.

Fun and emotional movie, 8 / 10.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rinne no Lagrange 18
Somehow this show continues to get worse. I am having an extraordinarily difficult time keeping track of what is going on, or why any of it matters. When the episode first started I quite literally had to pause it and recollect what confusing and nonsensical events had brought me here.

Things sort of spiraled out of control in multiple directions as the show tried to bluntly and haphazardly wield visual motifs and thematic story beats with little regard for pacing, cohesion, or logic. Were the music not still excellent and some of the visual aspects of the show very appealing to me I would probably give up on it.

Bonus out image because it's cool, although potentially risque.

Naruto SD 20
tumblr_m8rw7jcZRC1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Kind of a good episode, Naruto in the second skit, which was all about hilarious with the imposters ( I was quite sure a filler episode or two had imposters of the hidden leaf ninja in part one Naruto). Reji, Zenzen, and Sock Lee, nekkid Lee, Naruto and Gaara mini skit, were hilarious. The random Stevie Jobs and Bill Gates ref, lol, and I guess Gaara were nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom