• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Friend's Mom > Student Pres. > Childhood Friend > Longtime Unrequited Love > New Girl > Childhood Friend's Tsundere Friend who only wants Her BFF to be happy (who probably also has red hair) > Weird Girl in some obscure club > Kouhai > The Girl who comes via NTR not imposed on by he person getting her to like him (he does this unknowingly)

You win.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Chihaya >>> Yukiho > Iori > Takane > Hibiki > Makoto > Miki > Mami > Azusa > Haruka > Ami > Ritsuko > Yayoi

Go_Ly_Dow

You would know all about misunderstandings... wouldn't you? Uncle Kariya!

Uncle?

vlcsnap2012061713h13m10.png

You have a thing for crybaby androphobes?
No, shy girls. I liked other shy-girl characters like Shinobu in Love Hina, too. I'm quite shy myself, so it's more "recognizing a similarity" than anything else really. That's where liking characters like that comes from.

On that note...

Naru > Shinobu > Mutsumi > Makoto > Kaolla > Kitsune > Sara (she's incredibly annoying, so I'm putting her on the list to denote that. She's certainly not a love interest for Keitaro though, given her age.) As for Haruka, she's Seta's love interest, not Keitaro's... but I guess she'd go somewhere around where Kaolla is, maybe below or above her.

For DTL:

Grey > Gajeel > Gerard > Natsu
What about Eve and the other Blue Pegasus guys? Eve's one of the most popular guys with the females in the series, after all... you can see why, with his looks. Also, I'd rank Natsu above Gajeel at least for sure. Natsu and Grey are the better Fairy Tail guys.

Yes. YES. YESSSSSSSSS!

Wait, other people here actually like Yukiho? I thought I was the only one...

Saturn > Pluto > Mars > Venus > Neptune > Jupiter > Uranus > Mercury > Moon > Chibiusa > Chibi
Jupiter > Saturn > Pluto > Mars > Venus > Mercury >>> Neptune > Uranus > Moon > Chibi/chibiusa... though Uranus and Neptune sometimes manage to even exceed Moon and Chibiusa in annoyingness, which is really an accomplishment.

In the manga or the novels or something, the president's last partner is
killed.
I think so anyway. I haven't checked in on the manga since the anime aired though, to be honest. I just saw that LN spoiler. lol
Yeah, that thing you reference there happened earlier in the manga, during the part that the anime did cover I believe. The anime skipped over that part, too serious for the comedy-first anime series.

Specifically, the president tells the MC that she used to have a partner, but that the girl died in combat with the other team, and then afterwards no one except for her remembered that her partner had ever lived. She then says that she was just making the story up, but it sounded true, and the recent stuff I was mentioning, about the white team setting up this "the side the MC doesn't choose dies" thing, has some references to that "dead Kampfers get forgotten" thing too, I think. Maybe. They mention the dying part at least, not certain about the forgetting but I think they probably do. That would make it even less likely that hte President's story was actually false, I think...

Also, as I said, one person (a villain type) actually does die during the manga; that part also didn't make it to the anime.

Reknoc

You insulting Magi now!? Or just posting info like that?

Maybe he fears we'll start Magi lists. But that's not going to happen because we all agree:

Mor > Not Mor

What about Eve and the other Blue Pegasus guys? Eve's one of the most popular guys with the females in the series, after all... you can see why, with his looks. Also, I'd rank Natsu above Gajeel at least for sure. Natsu and Grey are the better Fairy Tail guys.

I considered it, but then I realised I don't remember any of their names and had no desire to look them up. And clearly someone hasn't seen Gajeel in his stylish new bandanna.

Go_Ly_Dow

Clannad AS > Clannad > Kanon 2006 > Air > Angel Beats > Kanon 2002

School Days > Blood-C > Yosuga no Sora

Garzey's Wing > * = ~Wings of my Heart~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Friend's Mom > Student Pres. > Childhood Friend > Longtime Unrequited Love > New Girl > Childhood Friend's Tsundere Friend who only wants Her BFF to be happy (who probably also has red hair) > Weird Girl in some obscure club > Kouhai > The Girl who comes via NTR not imposed on by he person getting her to like him (he does this unknowingly)
I don't even know what show this is supposed to be.

Specifically, the president tells the MC that she used to have a partner, but that the girl died in combat with the other team, and then afterwards no one except for her remembered that her partner had ever lived. She then says that she was just making the story up, but it sounded true, and the recent stuff I was mentioning, about the white team setting up this "the side the MC doesn't choose dies" thing, has some references to that "dead Kampfers get forgotten" thing too, I think. Maybe. They mention the dying part at least, not certain about the forgetting but I think they probably do. That would make it even less likely that hte President's story was actually false, I think...

Also, as I said, one person (a villain type) actually does die during the manga; that part also didn't make it to the anime.
It's all about the harems, baby.

duckroll

Speaking of Magi, in the latest issue of Shounen Sunday there was an interview with the director and writer of the anime. They basically said that there will be no drastic changes from the manga, and that fans shouldn't be worried. But when asked who their favorite characters were, it was Mor, and then it was the other supporting female characters. To make it even more troubling, the writer said that he also liked Aladdin... but he would like to see the original concept design for Aladdin when he was.... a girl?! -_-

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No, shy girls. I liked other shy-girl characters like Shinobu in Love Hina, too. I'm quite shy myself, so it's more "recognizing a similarity" than anything else really. That's where liking characters like that comes from.

If you're attracted to shyness, that's perfectly fine and understandable. It can be cute. Just for me personally, there's a rather large gulf between "shy" and "deathly terrified of anything with a penis". The latter is just kind of unrealistic and reprehensible.

It's all about the harems, baby.

Fix that spoiler tag!

But yeah, basically the current part of the manga seems to be
choose between your current harem, or being with Sakura as a girl...
And I can see why they'd think they have a chance, too.
He wants to be a guy, but has a serious crush on Sakura and has since the beginning of the series...

Dresden

Speaking of Magi, in the latest issue of Shounen Sunday there was an interview with the director and writer of the anime. They basically said that there will be no drastic changes from the manga, and that fans shouldn't be worried. But when asked who their favorite characters were, it was Mor, and then it was the other supporting female characters. To make it even more troubling, the writer said that he also liked Aladdin... but he would like to see the original concept design for Aladdin when he was.... a girl?! -_-

I am okay with this.

Huh, I thought they were taking it in a different direction. That's reassuring. Guess the haters of that writer dude shouldn't be worried.

Had no idea Aladdin was originally going to be a girl. That would have been interesting to see.

duckroll

Huh, I thought they were taking it in a different direction. That's reassuring.

Had no idea Aladdin was originally going to be a girl. That would have been interesting to see.

I had no idea either. I don't even know if they're serious, or if it's just trolling. I'm kinda new to the manga, so it's not like I've been following developments for years. I wonder if the author ever mentioned this before....

I had no idea either. I don't even know if they're serious, or if it's just trolling. I'm kinda new to the manga, so it's not like I've been following developments for years. I wonder if the author ever mentioned this before....

Yeah, I don't know either, but it's definitely something I could see Ohtaka doing. Aladdin panty shots everywhere!

Female Aladdin would probably be pretty similar to Momoko from Sumomomo.

EXACTLY! That's what I was getting at.

wonzo

Banned
now i wanna see this too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom